ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 92
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:00 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I saw he was gimpy in the Ravens game. Has he not been practicing?
He has not been practicing this week, due to his ankle.

And Beasley (knee) and Diggs (oblique) have both been limited in practice.

I'm sure most of them will be playing Sunday, if not all, but the WR corps is definitely NOT gonna be at a 100%.

Yet another reason to doubt a Bills victory (as many are predicting in national media).
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:27 PM 01-21-2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:42 PM 01-21-2021
Kim Pegula has my vote as the best looking owner in the NFL! :-)

Bills owner Kim Pegula and Maddy kick off the episode recounting the divisional playoff win (1:40​) and Kim shares what she did at 3 a.m. after the big victory (7:14​). Then the crew is joined by Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas (14:42​). Thomas shares his memories of the Bills win over the Chiefs in the 1993 AFC Championship. Thomas passionately talks about why he loves this year’s Buffalo Bills team, his admiration for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, his special relationship with many of the players and why he hopes this team will be remembered as the best in franchise history when it’s all said and done. Kim closes the podcast (1:01:23​) with special praise for Bills Mafia as the organization gets its time in the national spotlight this week and provides a glimpse into her life as she helps the organization get ready for Sunday’s big game.

0:00​ Intro & Recapping Divisional Round Playoff Win vs. Ravens
14:42​ Thurman Thomas Remembers 1993 AFC Championship
19:32​ Thurman on Regular Season vs. Postseason
24:57​ Thurman on Having a Tight-Knit Team
32:06​ Thurman Describes His Game Days as a Fan
36:33​ Thurman on Success of 2020 Bills Team
38:44​ Thurman's Coaching Plan for AFC Championship Game
45:24​ Thurman Previews Bills vs. Chiefs Matchup
51:15​ Thurman on Teaching Current Bills Players
55:19​ Thurman Explains How Buffalo Became His Home
1:00:58​ Kim on Bills Being in the Spotlight
1:05:19​ Kim's Preparation for AFC Championship Week
1:09:57​ Previewing Bills vs. Chiefs Matchup
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:47 PM 01-21-2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:48 PM 01-21-2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 03:58 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Q x 50
[Reply]
Frazod 04:37 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Kim Pegula has my vote as the best looking owner in the NFL! :-)

Bills owner Kim Pegula and Maddy kick off the episode recounting the divisional playoff win (1:40​) and Kim shares what she did at 3 a.m. after the big victory (7:14​). Then the crew is joined by Hall of Fame running back Thurman Thomas (14:42​). Thomas shares his memories of the Bills win over the Chiefs in the 1993 AFC Championship. Thomas passionately talks about why he loves this year’s Buffalo Bills team, his admiration for Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane, his special relationship with many of the players and why he hopes this team will be remembered as the best in franchise history when it’s all said and done. Kim closes the podcast (1:01:23​) with special praise for Bills Mafia as the organization gets its time in the national spotlight this week and provides a glimpse into her life as she helps the organization get ready for Sunday’s big game.

0:00​ Intro & Recapping Divisional Round Playoff Win vs. Ravens
14:42​ Thurman Thomas Remembers 1993 AFC Championship
19:32​ Thurman on Regular Season vs. Postseason
24:57​ Thurman on Having a Tight-Knit Team
32:06​ Thurman Describes His Game Days as a Fan
36:33​ Thurman on Success of 2020 Bills Team
38:44​ Thurman's Coaching Plan for AFC Championship Game
45:24​ Thurman Previews Bills vs. Chiefs Matchup
51:15​ Thurman on Teaching Current Bills Players
55:19​ Thurman Explains How Buffalo Became His Home
1:00:58​ Kim on Bills Being in the Spotlight
1:05:19​ Kim's Preparation for AFC Championship Week
1:09:57​ Previewing Bills vs. Chiefs Matchup
God that was such an awful day. I woke up absolutely certain we'd get a Montana/Young Super Bowl. Instead we got the motherfucking Bills and Cowboys.

Talk about expecting filet mignon and instead getting a McDonald's burger that sat under the warmer for three hours. :-)

On top of everything else, we need to repay those fuckers for that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:55 PM 01-21-2021
I’ve come around to this. Might be crazy, but I’m now convinced that we match up better with the Bills than the Browns.

1. Both defenses are about equal, but the Browns have a truly elite player on the DL that should’ve given us more trouble than he did. Hughes is a nice player but he isn’t Garrett.
White is the best player in either secondary, but we have so many weapons that he won’t make the difference by himself. A game wrecker on the DL has a much better chance of causing us problems this year than 1 good DB.

2. The Browns have an elite level run blocking OL and running back tandem. Given the makeup of our defense, this should’ve caused major problems. The Browns elite rushing attack forces us to respect the run, which opens up the passing game.

The Browns don’t have Diggs, but they still have some very nice receivers. They also have a couple of really talented TEs that could cause matchup issues.

3. The Bills offense is beyond 1-dimensional right now and that 1 dimension plays to our strengths. The passing game with a focus on the WRs plays into our defensive strength: the secondary. No great receiving threat out of the backfield. No great tight end. No running game to create matchup issues in the passing game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:57 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ve come around to this. Might be crazy, but I’m now convinced that we match up better with the Bills than the Browns.

1. Both defenses are about equal, but the Browns have a truly elite player on the DL that should’ve given us more trouble than he did. Hughes is a nice player but he isn’t Garrett.
White is the best player in either secondary, but we have so many weapons that he won’t make the difference by himself. A game wrecker on the DL has a much better chance of causing us problems this year than 1 good DB.

2. The Browns have an elite level run blocking OL and running back tandem. Given the makeup of our defense, this should’ve caused major problems. The Browns elite rushing attack forces us to respect the run, which opens up the passing game.

The Browns don’t have Diggs, but they still have some very nice receivers. They also have a couple of really talented TEs that could cause matchup issues.

3. The Bills offense is beyond 1-dimensional right now and that 1 dimension plays to our strengths. The passing game with a focus on the WRs plays into our defensive strength: the secondary. No great receiving threat out of the backfield. No great tight end. No running game to create matchup issues in the passing game.
Yep. This is much like the Ravens matchup, in that they're one dimensional on offense and don't have the scheme and personnel on defense to stop the Chiefs.

The Ravens actually matchup better because at least their primary offense matches up against the Chiefs defensive weakness. The Bills matchup against the strength of the Chiefs defense.
[Reply]
IrishChief 05:04 PM 01-21-2021
I cant post the video due to privileges but just delete the space after h

h ttps://youtu.be/FQMOzq9RE58

Or if another member could post it that would be better :-)

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:13 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. This is much like the Ravens matchup, in that they're one dimensional on offense and don't have the scheme and personnel on defense to stop the Chiefs.

The Ravens actually matchup better because at least their primary offense matches up against the Chiefs defensive weakness. The Bills matchup against the strength of the Chiefs defense.
I've thought a lot about this the past few weeks, and are we really sure that run defense is our weakness.....

It seems to me that, when we want to focus on the run, we stop it just fine. We're not world beaters by any stretch, but we're not horrible either. And couple that with the notion that we only need a few stops a game, I just don't think it's as big of a concern as everyone seemingly makes it out to be.

Because if it were, the Browns would have killed us with it, the Titans last year would have killed us with it, and several teams along the way would be able to grind it out over us, and it just doesn't every really happen....
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:16 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I've thought a lot about this the past few weeks, and are we really sure that run defense is our weakness.....

It seems to me that, when we want to focus on the run, we stop it just fine. We're not world beaters by any stretch, but we're not horrible either. And couple that with the notion that we only need a few stops a game, I just don't think it's as big of a concern as everyone seemingly makes it out to be.

Because if it were, the Browns would have killed us with it, the Titans last year would have killed us with it, and several teams along the way would be able to grind it out over us, and it just doesn't every really happen....
Very true.

I guess I could say it like this: If the defense has a weakness, it's against the run.

The pass defense, especially the DB's, is very good.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:23 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Very true.

I guess I could say it like this: If the defense has a weakness, it's against the run.

The pass defense, especially the DB's, is very good.
I think if we have a defensive weakness, it's pass rush.

We've done quite well against the run, especially situationally. We cover very well. The main problem is that we can't get there rushing 4.

Just my thought.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:31 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think if we have a defensive weakness, it's pass rush.

We've done quite well against the run, especially situationally. We cover very well. The main problem is that we can't get there rushing 4.

Just my thought.
Yeah, I considered that but I'm not sure how you can call the pass rush a weakness when the pass defense overall is pretty good.

It's like calling the pass rush in 2018 a strength when the pass defense leaked like a Russian rowboat.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:32 PM 01-21-2021
OK....want to throw something out there to the group.

I never thought of Stephon Diggs as a deep ball threat. Obviously, he can get open, but I didn't think he was a burner by any stretch.

So, I looked up his 40 time, and sure enough, he ran a 4.46, which isn't lights out by any stretch....for comparison, Sammy Watkins also ran a 4.46. Keep in mind, Diggs is obviously a stud receiver

When I look at Sneed's speed, he was a 4.37 guy.....plenty fast enough, even given his lanky frame.

My question: is it possible that we see Sneed matched up with Diggs from time to time, with a little safety help, allowing for Breeland and Ward to focus on Beasley and Brown (which I think they can handle)
[Reply]
Page 65 of 92
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975 > Last »
Up