ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 30 of 38
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:47 AM 12-11-2020
after seeing these facial paralysis photos **** NO! Imagine if these first in line types were eager to get this vAxx just so they wouldn't have to wear a mask anymore because of their employers requiring it only to end up with their face paralyzed. That mask might come in handy now.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:18 PM 12-11-2020
Pretty cool debate on vaccines between Dershowitz and Kennedy. It's long but for people who like to learn from the debate format it was a very interesting watch.

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:21 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Pretty cool debate on vaccines between Dershowitz and Kennedy. It's long but for people who like to learn from the debate format it was a very interesting watch.

There’s nothing to learn from Kennedy on this. He’s a goddamn kook.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:22 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
after seeing these facial paralysis photos **** NO! Imagine if these first in line types were eager to get this vAxx just so they wouldn't have to wear a mask anymore because of their employers requiring it only to end up with their face paralyzed. That mask might come in handy now.
https://www.health.com/condition/inf...ne-bells-palsy

"The normal incidence of Bell's palsy is roughly 20 people out of 100,000. The Pfizer study examined 38,000 patients, so four cases would be within the normal observed incidence of Bell's palsy."
[Reply]
stevieray 02:14 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
What about shoulder?
you're taking it out of context...look at the post I was responding to.
[Reply]
TLO 02:18 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

"The normal incidence of Bell's palsy is roughly 20 people out of 100,000. The Pfizer study examined 38,000 patients, so four cases would be within the normal observed incidence of Bell's palsy."
Nope.. Scary!!
[Reply]
stevieray 02:29 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The times in which we live are decadent. It is evident we are now approaching the end of the age. Every one has disregarded the law. Children no longer obey their parents. Everyone is eager to write a book.

We can exchange doomsday fairy tales all day, man. For as long as you want.

Doesn’t make them mean anything.
You responded to my post.

Were you under the impression that I'm trying to convince you of something?

Not my responsibility.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:56 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You responded to my post.

Were you under the impression that I'm trying to convince you of something?

Not my responsibility.

Nah.

Just letting you know of my willingness to quote meaningless fairy tale quotes for as long as you want.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:56 PM 12-11-2020
When I get the shot I am requesting it be injected into my ASS
[Reply]
Mahomes4MVP 03:14 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
Not true. I'm not an anti-vaxxer at all, I just dont need a vaccine for a virus with a 99+% survival rate. If some horrible plague happened with a much lower survival rate I'd damn sure be camping out in line for that vaccine.
That's not correct, though. There have currently been about 15.5 million cases in the U.S., with around 300,000 deaths. That's right around 2%. Now, that still might not sound like much, but that's 6.6 MILLION Americans dead if we just keep doing what we're doing (same # of people refusing masks, no vaccine, etc.).

What that statistic completely ignores is that 98% are surviving, but what numbers are going into that? How many aren't getting it as bad, because they're not getting as much of the virus (viral load) due to safety protocols (distancing, masks, etc.)?

Ask any "long termers" if simply not dying is good enough for them also, with the heart, lung, and blood clot issues they've developed.

I'd be interested to know what your threshold is for "this is serious enough for me to get vaccinated" is. 5%? 10% 50%? You're welcome to bet your life on that, but I'm not.

Those of us that get vaccinated will be safe within 2 weeks after the 2nd dose (from what I've read). At that point we won't need to care whether the rest of you want to catch it or not; although I hope you do get the vaccine for your sake and the sake of the healthcare workers that will be swamped by you.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:19 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes4MVP:
That's not correct, though. There have currently been about 15.5 million cases in the U.S., with around 300,000 deaths. That's right around 2%. Now, that still might not sound like much, but that's 6.6 MILLION Americans dead if we just keep doing what we're doing (same # of people refusing masks, no vaccine, etc.).

What that statistic completely ignores is that 98% are surviving, but what numbers are going into that? How many aren't getting it as bad, because they're not getting as much of the virus (viral load) due to safety protocols (distancing, masks, etc.)?

Ask any "long termers" if simply not dying is good enough for them also, with the heart, lung, and blood clot issues they've developed.

I'd be interested to know what your threshold is for "this is serious enough for me to get vaccinated" is. 5%? 10% 50%? You're welcome to bet your life on that, but I'm not.

Those of us that get vaccinated will be safe within 2 weeks after the 2nd dose (from what I've read). At that point we won't need to care whether the rest of you want to catch it or not; although I hope you do get the vaccine for your sake and the sake of the healthcare workers that will be swamped by you.
Plus, the vaccine's not killing anybody, so the death rate is somewhat irrelevant. If I have a choice between a 50 percent chance of dying with some illness or a 0 percent with a vaccine, I'll choose the vaccine. If it's 5 percent or 0, I'll choose the vaccine. If it's 0.2 percent or 0, I'll choose the vaccine. The math is really easy when the vaccine's not killing anybody.

And yeah, those long termers are not getting factored in, either. That would be completely miserable to get the virus and be sick the rest of your life. Sign me up for the vaccine.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:22 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

What am I missing here? I mean normal occurrence 20/100,000 in nature but one has to assume the 38,000 they studied didn't have Bell's BEFORE they took the vaccine.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:30 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Nah.

Just letting you know of my willingness to quote meaningless fairy tale quotes for as long as you want.
Sounds important to you

Can't do that on your own?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:39 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Sounds important to you

Can't do that on your own?
Nah, man. Just something fun I enjoy doing when you start injecting proof texting into conversations where it has zero relevance.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:40 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
When I get the shot I am requesting it be injected into my ASS
This belongs in your dating thread.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 38
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up