ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Terez says "the Chiefs have done plenty of background on" Mahomes.
RealSNR 01:38 PM 04-01-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Yep. Either make a serious attempt at it or don't even bother. Wasting picks on losers like Hogan and Murray just ends up hurting us by giving up the chance to draft real depth at another position.
I don't think Murray was a waste. There are always going to be guys who occasionally fall and end up being great. It was totally worth a 5th round pick to investigate whether or not Murray could take what he did in college into the NFL.

The problem is you can't RELY on those lottery picks and be content with the crap you have. We've been nibbling around the edges of our QB problem, only ever investing low draft stock, hoping to "upgrade" our backups and QB depth (and realistically, we've been pretty fucking unsuccessful at that, opting for Chase fucking Daniel and Nick Foles for years instead of the guys we buy low on).

It's why I do agree with you about later round picks this year and the next. So help me if I see us invest in Nate Peterman so he can "compete with backups," I'm going to put a goddamn ax through my wall
[Reply]
chiefscafan 07:18 AM 04-03-2017
RealSNR

Couldn't agree with you more if they try to sell me on Webb, Dobson, Petterman or Kaya I think I'm gonna throw up. Welcome to Hogan, Muarry, Elkins, Blundin, etc all over again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:50 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
RealSNR

Couldn't agree with you more if they try to sell me on Webb, Dobson, Petterman or Kaya I think I'm gonna throw up. Welcome to Hogan, Muarry, Elkins, Blundin, etc all over again.
Peterman in the 4th as a cheap backup option w/ the ability to keep our heads above water would be okay. Kaaya in the 5th would be as well. Both of those guys are just steady, dependable, but perhaps limited players that would serve well as backups with the upside of slightly below average game managers.

Look at how much money we've invested into QB2 over the last 4 years and tell me that's not important.

That said, it ain't a long-term plan for QBOTF. And if they can get someone like Peterman or Kaaya late, I'd be okay with that. If they take someone like that with a day 2 pick, OTOH, I'll have kittens because it means that they are investing heavily into a very mediocre player that they think will be good enough.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:54 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
they are investing heavily into a very mediocre player that they think will be good enough.
You mean like they've already done with Smith?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:22 AM 04-03-2017
Holy shit.

They just showed a throw from his proday...

Mahomes threw it 80 yards and dropped it right into the hands of his WR in the endzone.

Lots of reports that his proday was very very good
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:25 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Holy shit.

They just showed a throw from his proday...

Mahomes threw it 80 yards and dropped it right into the hands of his WR in the endzone.

Lots of reports that his proday was very very good
Post #117
[Reply]
Dayze 09:43 AM 04-03-2017
yeah, but how is his 5 yard outlet pass from his own 30 with 00:08 seconds to go in the 4th down by 4?
[Reply]
rico 12:07 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yeah, but how is his 5 yard outlet pass from his own 30 with 00:08 seconds to go in the 4th down by 4?
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 04-03-2017
I still think Kaaya is being underrated in terms of upside. The guy is only 21 years old, and played behind some god awful Olines.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:08 PM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I still think Kaaya is being underrated in terms of upside. The guy is only 21 years old, and played behind some god awful Olines.
^^ ---- Homer.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:12 PM 04-03-2017
^^ ---- Homer.
Lol I have absolutely no reason for loyalty to him anymore. I couldn't care less about him being a Hurricane now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:37 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Isn't he some kind of meat head?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Isn't he some kind of meat head?
Racist.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:41 PM 04-04-2017
Racist.
I will fully admit to being racist towards white RBs and safeties.

Oh, and black kickers. Justin Medlock doomed his race for me a long time ago. Fuck those guys.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:27 PM 04-04-2017
I'd be just fine if KC takes Watson.

Maybe he would be our Dak Prescott or Russel Wilson.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up