ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 151
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
warpaint* 06:04 AM 01-22-2020
Self is not losing his job over this that’s absurd.

That is the ugliest scene we have seen in awhile. There needs to be consequences at both schools, serious ones.

De Sousa could seriously hurt someone with a chair the way he was wielding it. Any man that big and strong could. Thankfully for all parties involved that did not happen. There were fans that could have easily been hurt.

Kst’s season was already DOA KU OTOH put a lot in jeopardy.

Self and Weber will make their bones in how they respond to this making some hard decisions. I would imagine the league will be involved as well.
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:54 AM 01-22-2020
There is 50-50 equal blame to this one. De Sousa, McCormick, Antonio Gordon and James Love should all get suspensions. De Sousa picking up the stool was an awful look, and he’s fortunate that didn’t go any further. I’m guessing his suspension will be the most harsh, along with James Love (guy in street clothes). James Love has logged around 100 minutes of game time in 3+ years at K-State. His suspension is meaningless.

Bottom line: if you are getting your ass kicked, get out of the gym as quick as you can. DeJuan Gordon made a huge mistake, but the reaction that followed was pretty fucked up. Just disgraceful all the way around by both Programs
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:10 AM 01-22-2020
Well that was entertaining..
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:21 AM 01-22-2020

The Kansas State-Kansas brawl, as called by "J.R." Jim Ross pic.twitter.com/oflPWzPVHM

— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) January 22, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:27 AM 01-22-2020

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:30 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
There is 50-50 equal blame to this one. De Sousa, McCormick, Antonio Gordon and James Love should all get suspensions. De Sousa picking up the stool was an awful look, and he’s fortunate that didn’t go any further. I’m guessing his suspension will be the most harsh, along with James Love (guy in street clothes). James Love has logged around 100 minutes of game time in 3+ years at K-State. His suspension is meaningless.

Bottom line: if you are getting your ass kicked, get out of the gym as quick as you can. DeJuan Gordon made a huge mistake, but the reaction that followed was pretty fucked up. Just disgraceful all the way around by both Programs
I was fine with the block. If you steal the ball in that situation, don’t expect an easy layup.

Had Silvio stared him down while walking away, then that probably would’ve been fine. He went too far though. Especially since he had to walk over to Gordon to state him down.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:41 AM 01-22-2020
I shouldn't even feed the trolls, but whatever.

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
I knew it, 1 very flawed very mental non nba mentally ill player. The Grayson Allen trip. I'll wait to the morning to eat you guys up on that. You guys have a squad of true nba quality atheletes that are gonna be nothing but nba never beens. Is d'souza in the nba? Been in the Ncaa 5 years Doak, same. Lets talk your guards? How many points did Brandon Ingram Score last month? Luke Kennard, nothing white guy, damn near 20 p.p.g and half a dozen assists. Jahlil okafor, Solid NBA center, Zion Williamson, R.J. Barrett, Miles Plumlee - Solid Center, Wendell Carter - Solid, Kyrie the most Skilled player in the NBA if you count his 6 games at Duke. I could go on.
Self wrecked KU, admit it. Shit is scummy
Oh yeah, you stupid fuck? What about the dude that dropped a bow on Tyler Handsjob's face? If Allen is "very flawed very mental non nba mentally ill player" so is De Sousa. And nobody dropped a bow on Tyler Handsjob even when he took 6 ridiculous charges vs 0 blocks called in a fucking Final Four game. And that bow was worse than anything the Morris twins ever did by a longshot. You're reaching here, douche.

And who gives a flying fuck about NBA players? Are you trying to make the point for us that you pay players more than we do? If you're going to make the case that Kazoo is better than Self at least wave the championship flag. That's at least a cogent argument. You can't even troll right, you dumb mother fucker.

Up 20 points at allen, show some class.
No argument here. It was bullshit on both sides.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:48 AM 01-22-2020
Awkward they brought both teams back out to finish out the last second for gambling purposes.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:52 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I was fine with the block. If you steal the ball in that situation, don’t expect an easy layup.

Had Silvio stared him down while walking away, then that probably would’ve been fine. He went too far though. Especially since he had to walk over to Gordon to state him down.
Oh, the block was awesome, and totally what you should do. Everything after that was all bad. Both sides.
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 01-22-2020
KU has everything to lose. KSU has nothing to lose.

Sigh.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:58 AM 01-22-2020
I'm sorry I love college basketball and Bill Self has to go. He has demonstrated time and time again that he cannot control his program. D'souza should not have gone for such a taunt over an opponent, maybe shoulda passed up the block. More importantly Self should have cut D'souza and himself before this season with the violations and everyone should have sat out. Better to take the punishment early and ask for forgiveness.
Coach K gets another title after tonight and I'm glad because Look at the Pelicans.Yeah, You like basketball, **** the lakers, clippers and celtics. Look at the pelicans. Nobody will compete with them next year. Look at the pelicans - All duke studs.
Originally Posted by chiefqueen:
I will be VERY SURPRISED if not SHOCKED if DeSousa is still a Jayhawk 12 hours from now. IMO KU has to dismiss him.
A lot of dumb posts in this thread. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 AM 01-22-2020
Anyway, back to reality.

https://theathletic.com/1552828/2020...ource=boxscore

It's the athletic, so there is a paywall, but the author makes comparisons to Legarett Blount, who's career was done after a fight. He also pointed out that Miles Garrett's season was done after the Rudolph thing (editorial note: I've seen that comparison several times RE: Desousa, and for the love of god nobody has the details right. Garrett ripped off Rudolph's helmet and tried to beat him with it). That's a pretty tenuous argument.

I looked up the suspensions for the Xavier/Cincinnati brawl. That's the last time I remember anything like that happening. Looks like 6 games was the longest look for Cincinnati and 4 for Xavier . Both coaches and several administrators had pretty hard words for the incident, which I anticipate Self and Weber will too - in addition to what they've already done. It seems like 6 and 4 is short for as big of a loss of control as that was, so it wouldn't surprise me if DeSousa ended up with more. 4-6 for McCormack. I really can't tell who else was doing any fighting or trying to pull players apart, so who the hell knows.

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up with more than what the Xavier/Cincinnati guys got, especially since DeSousa isn't getting minutes and he can plant his flag on the higher standard hill.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Awkward they brought both teams back out to finish out the last second for gambling purposes.
Did that affect the line?

Am I remembering right that they put 0:00.1 back on the clock? If I'm the officials there is no way I look at the video and determine the clock definitely did not hit 0.

Weird and stupid approach by whomever drove that decision.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
KU has everything to lose. KSU has nothing to lose.

Sigh.
None of my KSU guys talk basketball. Surely KSU is under performing this year. Weber has no chance at getting dumped here?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 AM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Did that affect the line?

Am I remembering right that they put 0:00.1 back on the clock? If I'm the officials there is no way I look at the video and determine the clock definitely did not hit 0.

Weird and stupid approach by whomever drove that decision.
Not sure but KSU made a free throw so possibly.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 151
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122 > Last »
Up