ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:48 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Still haven't read the post or maybe you don't understand. They all played well when it counted. That is not being a homer, nor is it bullshit. You are literally the only one in Chiefs Kingdom crying that a few key players made more than your perceived worth to get a SB win.

Just keep making up arguments in your own head though. :-)
Every game counts. Last time I checked there is a regular season before the playoffs start.

You can call it crying I call it being objective. I'm not going to give Veach a pass for mistakes because Chiefs won the SB and I'm sure he would say the same thing. Overall, he has been good to great but the Watkins contract is nuts. I don't give a damn if and everyone else here thinks I'm wrong. I'm not a follower.

Hopefully Veach learned from the Watkins signing. He already has said that Watkins will not be brought back at his current salary so that is a good sign.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:01 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Every game counts. Last time I checked there is a regular season before the playoffs start.

You can call it crying I call it being objective. I'm not going to give Veach a pass for mistakes because Chiefs won the SB and I'm sure he would say the same thing. Overall, he has been good to great but the Watkins contract is nuts. I don't give a damn if and everyone else here thinks I'm wrong. I'm not a follower.

Hopefully Veach learned from the Watkins signing. He already has said that Watkins will not be brought back at his current salary so that is a good sign.
Once again- you are arguing with yourself. :-) I only said he played well in the postseason. AND HE DID!!

There were other teams vying to sign Watkins- it is not like they were offering 5 million a year and Veech recklessly said- Fuck it- lets blow this shit out of the water-lol His production hasn't lived up to it so far, but it not like Veech way overpaid at the time.

But we won a Superbowl and he contributed to that-so who fucking cares. It was still the correct move to sign him. But carry on being negative and miserable.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:04 PM 02-27-2020

Watkins wasn't a mistake by any means. He was a luxury item that we could easily afford bc we had Mahomes on a rookie contract.

He was brought in to help a young QB and win a Super Bowl. He was crucial to both. No ****ing way is that a mistake.

He’s only been paid an elite cap hit one time (this year).

Seriously if you think that Sammy Watkins was a mistake after what happened, idk what to tell you.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:06 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Once again- you are arguing with yourself. :-) I only said he played well in the postseason. AND HE DID!!

There were other teams vying to sign Watkins- it is not like they were offering 5 million a year and Veech recklessly said- **** it- lets blow this shit out of the water-lol His production hasn't lived up to it so far, but it not like Veech way overpaid at the time.

But we won a Superbowl and he contributed to that-so who ****ing cares. It was still the correct move to sign him. But carry on being negative and miserable.
I don't care too much if Chiefs overpaid for him im just saying don't act like it was some type of great move by Veach. He overpaid for a good player big deal.

Im not miserable. Don't mistake being objective for being miserable. You are carrying on just as much as I am so you might want to take your own advice

Go Chiefs
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:38 PM 02-27-2020
I don't care too much if Chiefs overpaid for him im just saying don't act like it was some type of great move by Veach. He overpaid for a good player big deal.

Im not miserable. Don't mistake being objective for being miserable. You are carrying on just as much as I am so you might want to take your own advice

Go Chiefs
well, objectively speaking:

Veach scouted Mahomes.
Veach signed Honey Badger, Clark, Ogbah, Okafor, Pennel, Breeland, Watkins, Damien Wilson, Damien Williams, Suggs.

The end result was a Super Bowl win.

Reid's been a good coach for twenty years. No ring.

Add Veach's guys: Looka that! Super Bowl ring.

I really don't know how anyone can argue with that. I really don't.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 PM 02-27-2020
Veach was the driving force that brought one of the best QBs in history to our team.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:04 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Genuine question for you guys:

If Jimmy G hits Sanders on that deep route in the fourth quarter and we lose the Super Bowl, do you guys have any less faith in Veach?
Ugh. Sorry. It’s occurred to me that the above post may have sounded like I was criticizing Veach, and the Holy War which followed unfortunately supports that.

My point: some of you seem to lionize Veach only because we won a Super Bowl. I was on Team Veach from the beginning when he was cutting his losses early with the Amerson release. I liked that he tried to bring in talented reclamation projects like Erving, Ragland, and Benjamin, and I always thought his mantra of changing the attitude of the defense was exactly what we needed (and what he ultimately succeeded in).

If we had fallen just short in the SB, I wouldn’t feel remotely different. Veach is outstanding.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:13 PM 02-27-2020
Ugh. Sorry. It’s occurred to me that the above post may have sounded like I was criticizing Veach, and the Holy War which followed unfortunately supports that.

My point: some of you seem to lionize Veach only because we won a Super Bowl. I was on Team Veach from the beginning when he was cutting his losses early with the Amerson release. I liked that he tried to bring in talented reclamation projects like Erving, Ragland, and Benjamin, and I always thought his mantra of changing the attitude of the defense was exactly what we needed (and what he ultimately succeeded in).

If we had fallen just short in the SB, I wouldn’t feel remotely different. Veach is outstanding.
^this^
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 08:10 PM 02-27-2020

I agree with this sentiment. I think Veach has done a great job and will continue to do so. However, and this is just an aside, if Sanders catches that TD pass I still think Mahomes leads us down for a TD or at least a tying FG. There was no stopping our offense at that point.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:38 PM 02-27-2020
Every one should keep in mind Reid deserves a lot of credit for the Veach hire. Veach was with Reid in Philly and Im sure Reid brought him to KC.

I guarantee you Reid has a hell of a lot more influence on our draft picks w Veach here than he did w Dorsey.

In Reid we trust!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:49 PM 02-27-2020
Are we really criticizing someone who delivered 14 catches for 288 yards on 16 targets in the postseason? God this reminds me of the double-downers who continued to criticize Johnny Cueto after the Royals won it all.

Playoff Sammy was our secret weapon. Sure DRob or Albert Wilson could have replicated his regular season production at bargain bin prices - but what King Carl, Scott Pioli, and previous bargain bin hunters never understood was that its much easier for bargain bin folks to rack up stats during 12 o clock regular season games against a 2-10 team. You would think after watching players like that perpetually disappear against elite talent in the playoffs we’d realize that, but yeah, it still isn’t happening.

We had money to bring in elite production over the bargain bin - and we paid 16 million for Sammy to deliver at an elite #1 level when it counted the most - and he delivered.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:02 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Are we really criticizing someone who delivered 14 catches for 288 yards on 16 targets in the postseason? God this reminds me of the double-downers who continued to criticize Johnny Cueto after the Royals won it all.

Playoff Sammy was our secret weapon. Sure DRob or Albert Wilson could have replicated his regular season production at bargain bin prices - but what King Carl, Scott Pioli, and previous bargain bin hunters never understood was that its much easier for bargain bin folks to rack up stats during 12 o clock regular season games against a 2-10 team. You would think after watching players like that perpetually disappear against elite talent in the playoffs we’d realize that, but yeah, it still isn’t happening.

We had money to bring in elite production over the bargain bin - and we paid 16 million for Sammy to deliver at an elite #1 level when it counted the most - and he delivered.
We could have gotten someone cheaper to do the same thing. I mean understand overpaying a little for Watkins but $16-million/year is ridiculous.

I'm okay with it but unlike many of the homers here I still view it as a mistake made by Veach. That said we won the SB and Veach is the youngest GM in the league. He'll learn from this. The signing is clearly not the end of the world. It worked out and I seriously doubt Veach will do that again..

We have Mahomes and one of the greatest offensive play designers, if not the greatest play designer ever in Reid. There's no need to overpay for a WR.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:10 PM 02-27-2020
We could have gotten someone cheaper to do the same thing. I mean understand overpaying a little for Watkins but $16-million/year is ridiculous.

I'm okay with it but unlike many of the homers here I still view it as a mistake made by Veach. That said we won the SB and Veach is the youngest GM in the league. He'll learn from this. The signing is clearly not the end of the world. It worked out and I seriously doubt Veach will do that again..

We have Mahomes and one of the greatest offensive play designers, if not the greatest play designer ever in Reid. There's no need to overpay for a WR.
JFC Who? Who else could we have signed that would’ve for sure came up as big as Watkins did in the postseason the last 2 years?

You want to say he wasn’t worth it because of the regular season? Bad take IMO, but it’s not retarded. To say we could’ve gotten someone cheaper to do the same thing Watkins has done in the postseason? Now THAT’S fucking retarded.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:14 PM 02-27-2020

nah. I truly believe we still win that game.

He built a team of winners.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:48 AM 02-28-2020
I've always believed the Chiefs could win a SB w Reid even when Alex Smith was here I said they could. So the whole 'talk to me after they win a SB' is absolute BS...

Yes Veach was a big part of the SB win and he has done a good, if not great job so far. I hope he kills it the rest of the time here as a Chiefs GM but that's not going to stop me from being objective.

He was put in a great situation. Anyone denying that is just being a homer.
It’s probably not as great as you think. Yeah. It’s good. But go back and read Rain Mans thread where he split up everybody on the 53 by who brought them in. The amount of dudes on the roster Veach brought in after landing in this great situation is insane.

Every one should keep in mind Reid deserves a lot of credit for the Veach hire. Veach was with Reid in Philly and Im sure Reid brought him to KC.

I guarantee you Reid has a hell of a lot more influence on our draft picks w Veach here than he did w Dorsey.

In Reid we trust!
Yeah. Reid is going to have input on draft picks. As he very well should. It would be remarkably retarded if he didn’t.

BUT

Some of Veachs best work was on defense, which I doubt Reid was dictating. Further some of the best work I’ve ever seen was in-season which Reid wasn’t making calls and combing through tape and lists during the week.

Reid deserves a fuckload of credit. Especially given the shitpocalypse he walked into after almost a Decade Of Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli with the finishing touches being murder/suicide. Reid is my guy. For life.

But Veach deserves credit. He has killed this shit.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Up