ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 153
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:42 PM 12-19-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It is literally a lightsaber unless they’re changing the backstory.

There was a Mandalorian Jedi (Viszla) who made jt and then passed it down through his family. He left the Jedi at some point to rule Mandalore.
Yep, it's the same backstory that began in the The Clone Wars animated series, which was why it was SO COOL when Moff Gideon was shown wielding it after Din Djarin blew up his Tie Fighter in the Season 1 finale.

While I will continue to enjoy Chapter 8 time and time again (I've already watched it 5 times so far), I am really stoked to see where the story takes us in Season 3 because one aspect of the finale that's been greatly overshadowed by Luke's amazing appearance is that as of right now, Din Djarin is in possession of the Darksaber, which by legend makes him the rightful heir to the throne of Mandalore.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:55 PM 12-19-2020
Did anyone get "bad guy" vibes from Boba Fett?

He did his job. He has no loyalty to anyone.

I have a feeling his motives are going to be more self-serving going forward.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:55 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yep, it's the same backstory that began in the The Clone Wars animated series, which was why it was SO COOL when Moff Gideon was shown wielding it after Din Djarin blew up his Tie Fighter in the Season 1 finale.

While I will continue to enjoy Chapter 8 time and time again (I've already watched it 5 times so far), I am really stoked to see where the story takes us in Season 3 because one aspect of the finale that's been greatly overshadowed by Luke's amazing appearance is that as of right now, Din Djarin is in possession of the Darksaber, which by legend makes him the rightful heir to the throne of Mandalore.
I definitely see Bo-Katan turning on him. She'll just say "this is the way." :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So, fellow Star Wars EU "Legends" nerds...

What "legends" EU characters do we hope get introduced?

Let's list some notable ones:

Mara Jade - As a Zahn creation, she starts from a strong place. Her later story arcs and partnership with Luke obviously would need to be changed, but the core character is interesting and, if cast well, could be really dynamic and fun (you just have to take her end story in a different direction).

Gilad Pellaeon - Sticking with the Thrawn theme, he was someone that really made the Empire more interesting and deep for me in the EU. Also noticeably BA in his own right after years of work and training with Thrawn.

Quinlan Vos - One of the cooler End-of-the-Republic Jedi, he's technically in-canon already. He's complex and nuanced and would fit well in something set between the rise of the Empire and the original trilogy, and his psychometry ability could offer the opportunity for some really interesting narratives.

Corran Horn - You could have a lot of fun with a Force-using fighter pilot and fit him into a LOT of stories.
I really liked I, Jedi and the character of Corran Horn. I haven't read the novel since around 2000 or so but I always that he had a cool backstory, being from Corellia and all, and he seemed like the kind of character in which a movie or series could be created around.

One of my favorite characters in the EU was Jorg Car'Das, who appeared in the original Thrawn Trilogy and the Thrawn duology. He was a seasoned veteran of the Star Wars galaxy that had been everything from a smuggler to a legit businessman. He had dealings with everyone from the Jedi to criminal organizations to a group of strange Force beings that helped save his life. Lando visited him for guidance and information a few times and I always thought it would be cool to see a series based on his adventures, or at least to see him on film.

I would think that if they're going the Thrawn route, they'd have to include Pellaeon, as he was Thrawn's right hand man. It would be awesome to see Mara Jade as well and I suppose that technically, she could be a part of the Star Wars galaxy without contradicting the shitty Sequel Trilogy but it would be difficult to explain the absence of their Jedi son, Ben Skywalker. But since they've retconned Thrawn's origin story, they could do the same with Mara Jade.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:00 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I didn't get "bad guy" vibes but I definitely got the "I have loyalty to no one but myself" vibe, which is absolutely perfect for the character.

I'm super stoked to see where the series takes him and Shand.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:04 PM 12-19-2020
Mara Jade needs to be a thing.

Her backstory with the Emperor is very cool.

Plus Luke needs to get laid. Hours and hours of Star Wars and Luke Skywalker is a virgin.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:06 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I definitely see Bo-Katan turning on him. She'll just say "this is the way." :-)
I completely agree.

I think I've already mentioned this but it's quite possible that under Favreau and Filoni's guidance, the Star Wars galaxy, with all of these new TV series, is setting itself up with a major confrontation with the "Big Baddie", who in this case is none other than Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Marvel had 20 movies leading up to their confrontation with Thanos in Infinity Wars. The first of those movies were individual films, with Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor, which fed into the first Avengers film. Then, they began adding more characters in the Marvel universe and more individual movies until it all came to a head against Thanos.

Star Wars has 10 TV series, many of which appear to be set after Return of the Jedi, with Ahsoka, The Rangers of the New Republic, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett and so on. We know that Thrawn is out there, somewhere, and we know that the New Republic knows that there's something going on in the Outer Rim, which parallels the original Thrawn trilogy.

It just seems to make sense to follow that model on TV, then have a few feature films, like Infinity Wars and Endgame, to close out that chapter of the Star Wars Galaxy. And much like The Infinity Series, Star Wars could take a decade to resolve everything, which I'm sure would provide some amazing storytelling.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:34 PM 12-19-2020
I didn't get "bad guy" vibes but I definitely got the "I have loyalty to no one but myself" vibe, which is absolutely perfect for the character.

I'm super stoked to see where the series takes him and Shand.

Essentially, He stated he was an opportunist
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:10 PM 12-19-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:19 PM 12-19-2020
I'm definitely rooting for Boba to be a dick in the next season, or his own series, whatever.

:-)
[Reply]
Valiant 12-19-2020, 06:26 PM
This message has been deleted by Valiant.
Tribal Warfare 06:30 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Ummm. She is 38.
She's 57 years old per Google search
[Reply]
Valiant 06:31 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
She's 57 years old per Google search
I just read Gina and thought you were talking about her.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:00 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I’m hoping he’s a bad guy in the same way Scorsese mobsters are “bad guys.”
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 PM 12-19-2020

Assuming Din doesnt change his mind. Why cant Din throw the light saber to Moff, he powers it up, Bo shoots him in the face. She's the rightful heir now. Or they just all agree to just make up the story and say Bo defeated him?
[Reply]
Page 97 of 153
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147 > Last »
Up