ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 270
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
raybec 4 12:43 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Just saw Breeland Speaks’ interview. Disappointed to hear the weight gain was not planned, and that he’s lost quite a bit of weight since the beginning of mini camp/training camp.

If you can’t get motivated to stay in shape for this upcoming season...after the team went out and signed Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah...I’m not sure what will motivate you.
This is his 1st offseason on his own time where he wasn’t training for the combine/pro day. He’s still immature. If that happens every year, he won’t hold up for very long.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:43 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
O.City things
When a player looks slow and lackadaisical on the field you'd hope that he'd put in the work in the offseason to improve his quickness and strength. So yeah, it's concerning that he not only refused to change his body, but instead filled up with Happy Meals.
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:43 PM 08-14-2019
It's funny to me how some people are saying the Chiefs have maybe the fastest trio of receivers in the history of the game in Hill, Watkins and Hardman. When you think of it, Chris Conley clocked practically the same time as Hardman on the 40-yard dash so one would think that the WR group is not any faster than last year.

But really, Hardman looks much faster than Conley. And a lot better too.
[Reply]
TRR 12:46 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This is his 1st offseason on his own time where he wasn’t training for the combine/pro day. He’s still immature. If that happens every year, he won’t hold up for very long.
Here’s hoping he turns the corner. He’s shown flashes. Hate to see young guys have to work themselves into shape during training camp instead of coming in prepared.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 08-14-2019
Just saw Breeland Speaks’ interview. Disappointed to hear the weight gain was not planned, and that he’s lost quite a bit of weight since the beginning of mini camp/training camp.

If you can’t get motivated to stay in shape for this upcoming season...after the team went out and signed Clark, Okafor, and Ogbah...I’m not sure what will motivate you.
What did he say about the weight gain?
[Reply]
BossChief 12:49 PM 08-14-2019

Very disappointing
[Reply]
TRR 12:51 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
It's funny to me how some people are saying the Chiefs have maybe the fastest trio of receivers in the history of the game in Hill, Watkins and Hardman. When you think of it, Chris Conley clocked practically the same time as Hardman on the 40-yard dash so one would think that the WR group is not any faster than last year.

But really, Hardman looks much faster than Conley. And a lot better too.
I tend to believe Conley’s first 40 time of 4.41 at the combine. Side by side, there is no comparison between Hardman and Conley. It’s a very different level with Hardman.
[Reply]
TRR 12:55 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What did he say about the weight gain?
He volunteered that he feels better moving around the D Line now that he has shed some weight. The reporter asked how much he’s lost, and Speaks said “a lot...probably let myself go to much...had a little too much fun over the offseason.”
[Reply]
O.city 12:57 PM 08-14-2019
He volunteered that he feels better moving around the D Line now that he has shed some weight. The reporter asked how much he’s lost, and Speaks said “a lot...probably let myself go to much...had a little too much fun over the offseason.”
Huh.

It doesn't matter, he'll lose it and dominate as a DE/DT.
[Reply]
TRR 01:00 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Huh.

It doesn't matter, he'll lose it and dominate as a DE/DT.
He certainly looks much better now! I’m rooting for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:02 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
O.City things
Nah, that's actually something to be concerned about. Speaks should've been in camp lean and mean, but he just got fatter. This is a player that was already sluggish to begin with.
[Reply]
-King- 01:04 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yup. Let him go the Dontari Poe / Dee Ford route and ball out on the tail end of their Rookie deals and then GTFO and net us a Comp pick.
Speaks is nothing like those two.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:05 PM 08-14-2019

Are you fucking kidding me? Where is this interview?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:05 PM 08-14-2019
People think I'm weird, but having debates (and sometimes screaming matches) about the bottom rung of the roster during preseason is one of my favorite Chiefs Planet pastimes.

Yeah, I liked going in circles about drafting QBs in the first round, but making cases for certain players and defending them against haters (or the inverse... hating players that others defend) might be my actual favorite conversation topic. I think it's pretty fun. And the best part is we get to do it every year. It's like a holiday, almost.

Really enjoyed reading the past 100 or so posts about Kemp, Dieter, Thompson, and all other other bottom feeder WRs. Nice job, guys!
[Reply]
TRR 01:07 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Are you ****ing kidding me? Where is this interview?
I saw it on Twitter. Not sure if this link will work or not.

https://twitter.com/sportsradio810/s...458286594?s=21
[Reply]
Page 230 of 270
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240 > Last »
Up