ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 319
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Cosmos 08:22 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Let’s revisit this in a little while.
I don’t think Veach accomplished the ONE thing he needed to, and that was rebuild the OL.

Season doesn’t START TOMORROW, but the line now is a lot of hopes, and what if’s, and potential cuts, and rehabs, and COVID comebacks, and unproven projections, and maybe a draft pick will fix this or that...right now.

Not where I expected us to be, going into this.

This off-season has always been about upgrading the line.

We shall see.
[Reply]
In58men 08:27 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
I don’t think Veach accomplished the ONE thing he needed to, and that was rebuild the OL.

Season doesn’t START TOMORROW, but the line now is a lot of hopes, and what if’s, and potential cuts, and rehabs, and COVID comebacks, and unproven projections, and maybe a draft pick will fix this or that...right now.

We shall see.
Spot on.

We’re basically banking on hopes and dreams at this point.
[Reply]
Pants 08:30 AM 03-18-2021

We shall see.
Where did you expect to be on day two of FA? Serious question.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:32 AM 03-18-2021
Some of these fucking people. Jesus.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Some of these ****ing people. Jesus.
Fucking insane.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:38 AM 03-18-2021
So since we didn’t spend 6 years 138M on a 33 year old cancer survivor many of you Turn into chicken littles.

OK. So going in to FA we had Allegretti, Niang, LTD, Rankin, And Durant.

We added an absolute Stud LG, which allows us to use Allegretti at Center or RG, then added Long to compete at RG and maybe play some RT in case of emergency.

I understand the concern at LT and Center, especially when just days ago we were dreaming about Williams and Hudson but come on. I have no doubt that the Chiefs will look to the draft for long term solutions at the Center and Tackle positions.

This is the beginning of league years, not the beginning of the season. You have to give the front office space to work it’s not a fucking TV show where Kevin Costner is banging some hot chick in the front office and trading away all his draft picks.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:39 AM 03-18-2021
We added Niang, LDT.

Then we added Thuney and Long.

We need to replace Eric Fisher and decide to bring Reiter back or upgrade.

One OL position is obviously weaker.

As Aaron Rodgers once said R E L A X.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:39 AM 03-18-2021
TY Hilton and Melvin Ingram. That’s who I want.

Hilton had 762 yards, 5 TD’s and a 13+ avg per catch with the corpse of Phillip Rivers and we know what Melvin Ingram is. He was hurt last year and he’s 32. Should be a great deal to be had
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:40 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
So since we didn’t spend 6 years 138M on a 33 year old cancer survivor many of you Turn into chicken littles.

OK. So going in to FA we had Allegretti, Niang, LTD, Rankin, And Durant.

We added an absolute Stud LG, which allows us to use Allegretti at Center or RG, then added Long to compete at RG and maybe play some RT in case of emergency.

I understand the concern at LT and Center, especially when just days ago we were dreaming about Williams and Hudson but come on. I have no doubt that the Chiefs will look to the draft for long term solutions at the Center and Tackle positions.

This is the beginning of league years, not the beginning of the season. You have to give the front office space to work it’s not a fucking TV show where Kevin Costner is banging some hot chick in the front office and trading away all his draft picks.

Same post is sane.

Take note, peeps.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:40 AM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
TY Hilton and Melvin Ingram. That’s who I want.

Hilton had 762 yards, 5 TD’s and a 13+ avg per catch with the corpse of Phillip Rivers and we know what Melvin Ingram is. He was hurt last year and he’s 32. Should be a great deal to be had
Both could be nice adds.
[Reply]
TRR 08:42 AM 03-18-2021

We shall see.

That’s a fair assessment right now. Veach has many more cards to play though. I think we’ll all feel confident after the draft in his vision of the OLine. That’s not to say there will always be questions...I.E LG for the past several seasons, C as well. Hell...really ant spot but LT and RT.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:43 AM 03-18-2021
The only thing this FO could realistically do that would actually irritate me is bring back Watkins, even at vet min.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 08:45 AM 03-18-2021
Some people need to come to grips that getting both Williams and Hudson was an absolute impossibility. Williams wanted too much money. We tried. Hudson garnered a 3rd round pick that Veach wasn’t going to provide for an in-division rival. Be more realistic with what we can actually do in FA and be thankful we got a stud in Thuney. Veach will continue to work on the OL in the draft and fill in other holes on the defense. I’m sure he wasn’t expecting both of his tackles to have season ending injuries last season and now he’s working to fix it.
[Reply]
In58men 08:49 AM 03-18-2021
Interesting development in the WR market: The #Jets have been having conversations with #Steelers FA WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, sources say, a potential target in their offense. Despite having signed Corey Davis, NYJ may not be done adding playmakers. Smith-Schuster is one to watch

Per Ian

Lol we’re gonna get Alshon Jeffery
[Reply]
kccrow 08:51 AM 03-18-2021
Jesus, wtf is going on around here?

We got a couple of guys that think it's 2020.

We have a couple of guys crying that we didn't make enough moves 2 days into f'n free agency.

We have guys promoting big ass receivers Reid never uses.

My fucking head is spinning.
[Reply]
Page 249 of 319
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299 > Last »
Up