ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2740 of 3903
« First < 1740224026402690273027362737273827392740 274127422743274427502790284032403740 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 03:09 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Did Missouri subtract some cases yesterday or something?

TLO said he had heard where there was a big backlog that was supposed to be done with by this weekend?
Yes this is correct. My understanding is that cases are still backlogged, so we're not getting a true representation of cases per day right now.

In a bit of other news, it appears that Missouri hospitalizations have dipped a bit.
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yes this is correct. My understanding is that cases are still backlogged, so we're not getting a true representation of cases per day right now.

In a bit of other news, it appears that Missouri hospitalizations have dipped a bit.
When are they supposed to be all done wiht the backlog?
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:24 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Can someone please round up Hamas to come talk to us about some of these recent studies?
Umm you do know that o.city is about 10x more qualified to speak on this subject right? Sorry that he doesn't talk down to you enough to prove that.

Jesus.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
[Reply]
O.city 03:26 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Umm you do know that o.city is about 10x more qualified to speak on this subject right? Sorry that he doesn't talk down to you enough to prove that.

Jesus.

I appreciate it, but nah. I'm not near on Hamas level in terms of any of the research stuff. I know what some of the big words are and I read alot. Thats about it.
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:29 PM 07-29-2020
I appreciate it, but nah. I'm not near on Hamas level in terms of any of the research stuff. I know what some of the big words are and I read alot. Thats about it.
But unlike Hamas you haven't made baseless arrogant claims that have now been shown to be unequivocally wrong... in this very thread.

And yes your academic background is far more suited to this than some random pharmacist.

[Reply]
O.city 03:32 PM 07-29-2020
But unlike Hamas you haven't made baseless arrogant claims that have now been shown to be unequivocally wrong... in this very thread.

And yes your academic background is far more suited to this than some random pharmacist.

Eh, I'm not as bombastic as Hamas maybe, but i've had my fair share of fuck ups in this thread.

Again, I just read as much as i can.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:32 PM 07-29-2020

Just curious what those claims are? Not defending him though.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 PM 07-29-2020
Eh, I'm not as bombastic as Hamas maybe, but i've had my fair share of **** ups in this thread.

Yea but you don't mind changing your stance on things based on what you read.
[Reply]
TLO 03:36 PM 07-29-2020
When are they supposed to be all done wiht the backlog?
Friday was the best estimate
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:36 PM 07-29-2020
People have kinda lost their minds in terms of risks and years lost etc. I don't think it'll get to measles levels of suppression. We don't have the stomach to do it for the flu, so essentially if we get it down to that level, we should be ok?
We will run into the same issue with the Covid vaccine where the anti-vaxxers won't want it but schools and possibly employers could make you take it which will drive up the numbers of people who get vaccinated.
[Reply]
AustinChief 03:37 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Just curious what those claims are? Not defending him though.
There are a few but I particularly remember him calling me a liar for stating that there were studies estimating the fatality rate in the .3 to .6 range... which of course is now pretty well accepted. I'd have to check the specifics but that was the gist of it at least.

[Reply]
O.city 03:39 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea but you don't mind changing your stance on things based on what you read.
I had a really good bioethics professor that was big on that, especially in these scenarios.

I tend to have problems changing to quick and not fully evaling the info i'm looking at to be honest though, so again, I just try and soak up as much info as i can.

The biggest problem the general population has had with this whole ordeal is that in science and such, sometimes the answer is "fuck, we don't really know, we think it's this, based on waht we know now, but that could change". That just doesn't fit in today's world of instantaneous supposed knowledge.

This shit takes time. The fact that we've got where we are this fast to be honest is god damn amazing.
[Reply]
TLO 03:39 PM 07-29-2020
Eh, I'm not as bombastic as Hamas maybe, but i've had my fair share of **** ups in this thread.

Your contributions to the thread are noted and appreciated.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:40 PM 07-29-2020
I had a really good bioethics professor that was big on that, especially in these scenarios.

I tend to have problems changing to quick and not fully evaling the info i'm looking at to be honest though, so again, I just try and soak up as much info as i can.

The biggest problem the general population has had with this whole ordeal is that in science and such, sometimes the answer is "****, we don't really know, we think it's this, based on waht we know now, but that could change". That just doesn't fit in today's world of instantaneous supposed knowledge.

This shit takes time. The fact that we've got where we are this fast to be honest is god damn amazing.

[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We will run into the same issue with the Covid vaccine where the anti-vaxxers won't want it but schools and possibly employers could make you take it which will drive up the numbers of people who get vaccinated.
Yeah, people are idiots. That will always be true.

I actually talked to a couple friends today that are part of the phase III trials. No clue if they got placebo or the real thing though. I'm not sure if they're supposed to say they're in it or not though?
[Reply]
Page 2740 of 3903
« First < 1740224026402690273027362737273827392740 274127422743274427502790284032403740 > Last »
Up