ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 3903
« First < 157207247253254255256257 2582592602612673073577571257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 06:26 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I hope nobody is listening to Joe Rogan. That would be really stupid of them.
He's a great vehicle for interviews, even if some of his personal views are batshit crazy.
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:27 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Beer

:-)

:-)
Speaking for myself there. :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:28 PM 03-14-2020
hopefully a virus cure comes with awesome side effects like super boners.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:36 PM 03-14-2020
I wouldn't get hopes up for a viral cure. Hep C is the exception more than the rule. Most antivirals will reduce symptoms rather than clear the virus from your body. No antiviral has shown much efficacy against flu strains beyond shortening symptoms for a few hours, and while the quad pills have made HIV far more manageable, they still must be taken lifelong, are subject to resistance themselves, and do not clear latent viral reservoirs.

If an agent comes along it will reduce symptoms and (hopefully) infectiousness, but it's not likely to be as simple as taking a Z-pack.
[Reply]
O.city 06:41 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I wouldn't get hopes up for a viral cure. Hep C is the exception more than the rule. Most antivirals will reduce symptoms rather than clear the virus from your body. No antiviral has shown much efficacy against flu strains beyond shortening symptoms for a few hours, and while the quad pills have made HIV far more manageable, they still must be taken lifelong, are subject to resistance themselves, and do not clear latent viral reservoirs.

If an agent comes along it will reduce symptoms and (hopefully) infectiousness, but it's not likely to be as simple as taking a Z-pack.
It’ll take a vaccine if this sticks around like influenza. Iirc they never developed one for Zika or SARS to completion
[Reply]
DaFace 06:44 PM 03-14-2020
Damn. Pretty much all of the Colorado ski areas just closed. Not unexpected, but man, that's a fuck ton of people suddenly out of work.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:46 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’ll take a vaccine if this sticks around like influenza. Iirc they never developed one for Zika or SARS to completion
It will be interesting to see how much antigenic drift this particular bastard has. Hopefully it's not as bad as influenza.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
It will be interesting to see how much antigenic drift this particular bastard has. Hopefully it's not as bad as influenza.
That wouldn’t be ideal

Just being able to cut it down like we do the flu would help though
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:59 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I know this is political, but get your facts right, dude. Obama declared a public health emergency when there were only 20 cases (and no deaths) in the country. The Facebook share that you’re likely referencing makes it sound as if the Obama admin did nothing until a national emergency was declared.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...health-emerge/

The finger pointing that’s happening here (especially about past presidents or to argue that this is somehow an “overreaction”) has no place for a virus that is killing people today.

Alright - that’s all I got. Understand if it gets me banned.

My facts are correct. I clearly stated a NATIONAL emergency, not a public health emergency. And your link differentiates between the two.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:01 PM 03-14-2020
Finger is hovering over the thread ban button...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:03 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That wouldn’t be ideal

Just being able to cut it down like we do the flu would help though
Yeah, but even if you're able to reduce the death rate by a significant margin you might still be looking at 2009 levels every season.
[Reply]
srvy 07:03 PM 03-14-2020
Trump tests negative for the Wuhan virus.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:06 PM 03-14-2020
lmao

Rudy Gobert should be banned for life from the NBA for his actions. Selfish, thoughtless and down right awful. He doesn’t deserve to play in the NBA anymore. It’s a privilege not a right to play pro sports and he lost that privilege.

— Bob Fescoe (@bobfescoe) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:12 PM 03-14-2020
jesus fuck

it might be time to get out of dodge sooner than later

BREAKING: Spain issues nationwide lock down & shut down of all business; the only exceptions are for basic food, medicine and welfare. Europe is now classified as the epicenter of the #COVIDー19 pandemic, according to the @WHO. pic.twitter.com/pWSAFxbI4b

— David Begnaud (@DavidBegnaud) March 14, 2020

[Reply]
ping2000 07:13 PM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lmao

I love morons who take everything to 11 all the time. What a dumbass.
[Reply]
Page 257 of 3903
« First < 157207247253254255256257 2582592602612673073577571257 > Last »
Up