ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 167 of 3903
« First < 67117157163164165166167 1681691701711772172676671167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 03-12-2020
Yep, I was wrong on that too.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Duke just announced that they will not play in the NCAA tournament
North Carolina also made that announcement yesterday.

(I keed, this is very serious, but still)
[Reply]
alnorth 12:19 PM 03-12-2020
Good-bye march madness. No damned way the tournament happens now.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:21 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Are you saying that you think those should be reversed?
Look man we are all going to get this shit and you can thank China. The only thing that matters now is that everyone doesn't get it at the same time so the hospitals are overun. Pretending that it can be contained and a majority of us won't get it is a fantasy. JMO
[Reply]
BWillie 12:21 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
So ****ing what. I can't wait to get this and get it over with. So friggen stupid. Lives over the economy. Don't they realize they are ruining lives right now?

Gotta love the media's daily hysteria with a very notable absence of ever addressing the origins of the virus.
Do you know what temporary means? You can't stomach a temporary economical downturn...for the only reason is that people aren't consuming things? You should be happy. It isn't because the economy is bad, it's just because of the virus. This is due to inactivity and social distancing..or at least the valid speculation that this will exist in our near future.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:22 PM 03-12-2020
Does this mean if the D2 tourney is cancelled-NWMO gets the trophy since they are ranked
#1????
[Reply]
Donger 12:23 PM 03-12-2020
Look man we are all going to get this shit and you can thank China. The only thing that matters now is that everyone doesn't get it at the same time so the hospitals are overun. Pretending that it can be contained and a majority of us won't get it is a fantasy. JMO
Okay, that's a non-answer.

I've mentioned a few times that this will just happen again unless and until the Chinese stop their penchant for eating bushmeat. Or at least putting it on the fucking grill for a few minutes first.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:23 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Do you know what temporary means? You can't stomach a temporary economical downturn...for the only reason is that people aren't consuming things? You should be happy. It isn't because the economy is bad, it's just because of the virus. This is due to inactivity and social distancing..or at least the valid speculation that this will exist in our near future.
This isnt temporary.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:23 PM 03-12-2020
No doubt about it, it's coming. I hit Walmart this morning to grab some things and walked over to the toilet paper isle just out of curiosity. Not one roll left to be had. :-) I'm well stocked and was before all this took place, so no big deal. What amazed me was there were only a few rolls of paper towels left as well. If people are buying that as a back up to TP, my condolences to their assholes.

I walked around to check out what else was gone and 1/3 of the store was empty. I hate to see it when the 1st case does hit Montana, if it's this bad now. People have gone absolutely crazy.

When I was leaving the store, the security gal told me there was some guy selling toilet paper out of the back of his truck in the parking lot yesterday for 5X the listed price and people were buying as fast as he could take their money. WTF?
People are the worst.

Brother in Missoula got the work from home, no travel directive yesterday. Only a matter of time everywhere.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:26 PM 03-12-2020
NJCAA tourney is postponed.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:27 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Good-bye march madness. No damned way the tournament happens now.
Certainly not on time. May get pushed into April/May.
[Reply]
Donger 12:27 PM 03-12-2020
When I was leaving the store, the security gal told me there was some guy selling toilet paper out of the back of his truck in the parking lot yesterday for 5X the listed price and people were buying as fast as he could take their money. WTF?
Sounds like good capitalism to me! I once sold a McDonald's Big Mac meal on a plane for $20.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:29 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Slowing down what most people will get anyway -vs- The economic fallout you are creating. Small business is already getting crushed. One of my favorite restaurants I can never get a seat in and have to wait I went to yesterday for happy hour. Owners eyes glazed over with only one other person in his big ass restaurant. He is like WTF? 4PM

WE are not going to change anything other than how fast this thing runs it's course.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:29 PM 03-12-2020
and..... MLB season now suspended indefinitely. Opening day wont be for a while.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:30 PM 03-12-2020
WE are not going to change anything other than how fast this thing runs it's course.
Which is the point. We are months away from even trialing a vaccine.
[Reply]
Page 167 of 3903
« First < 67117157163164165166167 1681691701711772172676671167 > Last »
Up