ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 59
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:10 PM 02-09-2015
That episode was awesome! Even my 6 year old turned to me and said "That was the best one yet, Daddy! What's going to happen to Kanan?".

There's another two week break then the final four episodes air continuously. I sure hope they don't wait until October to start Season 2.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:58 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That episode was awesome! Even my 6 year old turned to me and said "That was the best one yet, Daddy! What's going to happen to Kanan?".

There's another two week break then the final four episodes air continuously. I sure hope they don't wait until October to start Season 2.
So, season 1 in the can, then?
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:36 AM 02-10-2015
The two week break with that cliffhanger is just evil. :-)

Didn't want to say anything about that because I thought it would spoil too much. Equating it to ESB was bad enough.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:03 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
So, season 1 in the can, then?
Four more in Season 1 for a total of 16. Season 2 is allegedly at least 24 episodes and possibly as many as 32.

Since Rebels supposedly ties into Episode VII, it would seem like June would be a good start date for Rebels Season 2 but I'm only speculating. If true, I'd think they'd want it wrapped before December 18th.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:08 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The two week break with that cliffhanger is just evil. :-)

Didn't want to say anything about that because I thought it would spoil too much. Equating it to ESB was bad enough.
It was wicked. When the Inquisitor stood behind those officers, who we've seen several episodes, I knew what was going to happen but hoped they didn't get too graphic because I was watching with my daughter.

The cool thing is that they're staying true to the Star Wars Universe and not pulling any punches just because they're on Disney XD.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:58 AM 02-10-2015
Yeah, it was a really good episode. I tried not to get too carried away with it since I knew nobody was going to see it for a week and I didn't want to set up disappointment, but it had my eyes glued the whole time. Definitely tops along with the Jedi temple one where Yoda appeared. And even with Ezra mind-tricking the...whatever that animal was, it really was pretty mature. Surprisingly so. But not adult. If that makes sense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:26 PM 02-10-2015
They do a great job of making it just mature enough that I don't feel like I'm watching a show for kids.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:42 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Four more in Season 1 for a total of 16. Season 2 is allegedly at least 24 episodes and possibly as many as 32.

Since Rebels supposedly ties into Episode VII, it would seem like June would be a good start date for Rebels Season 2 but I'm only speculating. If true, I'd think they'd want it wrapped before December 18th.
Cool. I'll get the season 1 set when it hits.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:22 PM 02-12-2015
teaser images

[Reply]
Bowser 05:58 PM 02-12-2015
So, some mystery Jedi going to pitch in and help the team out with Kanaan's abduction?

And whomever they pegged for the voice of Tarkin really is nailing it. Kind of creepy, actually.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:01 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So, some mystery Jedi going to pitch in and help the team out with Kanaan's abduction?
They're setting up Ashoka's reveal for season 2 I bet.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:04 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
They're setting up Ashoka's reveal for season 2 I bet.
That feels right. Hell, it's either her or Obi-Wan at this point. I guess they could introduce a new Jedi, but that would be a bit redundant. Chance it could just be another rebel faction reaching out to them after hearing their galaxy-wide transmission as well, I suppose.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:08 PM 02-12-2015
Think it has to be ahsoka at this point. The official release of her appearance in the season 2 premiere doesn't seem like a coinkydink.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:06 PM 02-16-2015
New episode just dropped.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:59 PM 02-16-2015
I'll check it out after I finish this destiny strike.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 59
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up