ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 79 of 319
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
GingaChief 03:08 PM 02-16-2021
Osemele;

2013 - 7 games - Back surgery - Not had issues since?
2014 - Started all but 2 games after coming back from the back injury.
2015 - 14 games
2016 - 15 games
2017 - 16 games
2018 - 11 games - ?
2019 - 3 games - Shoulder injury where Jets released him after he got surgery when the team told him not to. Not had an issue with his shoulder since?
2020 - Torn Tendons - First time in his career this injury has accured?

If he can come back from the torn tendons(and i think he will, he's already walking freely right?) I'll take him back no problems at all. We should still draft a Guard but our main concern is at the tackle position.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:18 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Different story. He's the one we shouldn't have let get away.

He signed a 5 year $44M dollar deal 7 years ago. That was huge money back then, but I agree looking back we should have paid the man. But lets also. be honest, we replaced him with a rookie (Morse). Hard to argue against how the Chiefs. handled that situation.

And it also might we wise to remember how everyone hated drafting Morse in the 2nd round, because its probably going to happen again.
It's different now, Morse was painful because he wasn't a developmental qb. Now we developed a stud and need to protect him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:37 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Different story. He's the one we shouldn't have let get away.

He signed a 5 year $44M dollar deal 7 years ago. That was huge money back then, but I agree looking back we should have paid the man. But lets also. be honest, we replaced him with a rookie (Morse). Hard to argue against how the Chiefs. handled that situation.

And it also might we wise to remember how everyone hated drafting Morse in the 2nd round, because its probably going to happen again.
I think people hated taking Morse because we didn’t think he would be that good, not necessarily because of the position. A mauler like Creed Humphrey wouldn’t be too bad of a pick in my humble opinion.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:45 PM 02-16-2021
Kawann Short was released today. I’d definitely kick the tires on him for a cheap deal. He’s 32 and is likely done playing for losing teams.

Had a couple of injuries the last 2 years. Heard ESPN say he should be good to go by camp.

The guy was a goddamned monster in Carolina for many years. Would also be in on Geno Atkins assuming he’s cut (rumors are he will be).
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:59 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kawann Short was released today. I’d definitely kick the tires on him for a cheap deal. He’s 32 and is likely done playing for losing teams.

Had a couple of injuries the last 2 years. Heard ESPN say he should be good to go by camp.

The guy was a goddamned monster in Carolina for many years. Would also be in on Geno Atkins assuming he’s cut (rumors are he will be).
Thing about that is we are basically as deep there as any position.

Jones —> Wharton —> Saunders at 3-tech. Khalen probably doesn’t even make the roster, may get traded.

Still crossing my fingers for Watt, he can do a bit of everything.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:09 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They play a base nickel. About 40% of the time, there's only 2 LB's on the field at any given time.

LB's aren't a premium in any defense, let alone this one.
We need a big upgrade to our coverage linebackers. WGJ is just one piece. Wilson is gone. Neiman is a liability.

I agree that I’d rather have a splash player with our first, but I wouldn’t be mad about adding a stud for the middle of the defense, either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Jones —> Wharton —> Saunders at 3-tech. Khalen probably doesn’t even make the roster, may get traded.

I seriously, seriously doubt they trade Khalen. That's just recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:40 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We need a big upgrade to our coverage linebackers. WGJ is just one piece. Wilson is gone. Neiman is a liability.

I agree that I’d rather have a splash player with our first, but I wouldn’t be mad about adding a stud for the middle of the defense, either.
The Chiefs are in a 5-2 front most of the time so spending the #31 on a linebacker is a waste of a cheap resource.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:41 PM 02-16-2021

No one is trading for known trash. How many weeks was he a healthy inactive?
[Reply]
Stryker 05:45 PM 02-16-2021
I hear everyone but in the end...We trust in Veach to get it done. Plenty of time for him to figure it out and make it happen. Fingers crossed!
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:01 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

We play a base nickel. We need more safeties, not more LB's.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:06 PM 02-16-2021

Saunders has been a quality run defender. We need him to replace Nnandi bc I doubt we’ll be able to afford to give Derrick a deal that he’ll get from a competitor.

I’m all for adding as many quality pass rushers that we can get. And yes I would absolutely talk to Justin Houston again and see if he wants to come back. Sing kumbuya and get a fair deal done unless he wants to keep playing for a loser.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:10 PM 02-16-2021
Speaking of pass rush, I think Wharton could break out in year 2. He had some good tape this year. Get him in the weight room and try to get some good weight on him.

He was listed as 280 in the east/west shrine game but was likely playing in the 270’s in season. If he could get to the 290’s and be capable of stopping the run he could really be a huge weapon next year.

Here’s some tape of him. Very impressive rusher.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:17 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saunders has been a quality run defender. We need him to replace Nnandi bc I doubt we’ll be able to afford to give Derrick a deal that he’ll get from a competitor.

I’m all for adding as many quality pass rushers that we can get. And yes I would absolutely talk to Justin Houston again and see if he wants to come back. Sing kumbuya and get a fair deal done unless he wants to keep playing for a loser.
Nnadi, an IDL that is only a run defender should be cheap. There should be no reason to not sign him.
[Reply]
O.city 08:20 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs are in a 5-2 front most of the time so spending the #31 on a linebacker is a waste of a cheap resource.
I think they do that because of personnel not because of choice.

If they can get a versatile lb that can play all 3 downs, it would help
[Reply]
Page 79 of 319
« First < 29697576777879 8081828389129179 > Last »
Up