ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 03:24 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Every year CP always tried to find a way to cut Dirty Dan. The disrespect is real
Ryan Tannehill would have appreciated it had CP somehow forced the cut last year. By no means is he the best athlete on the field, but he's steady and predictable and doesn't break the bank. There are a LOT of safeties better in the NFL, but how many will play for equal of less money and give equal to better production?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:26 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Ryan Tannehill would have appreciated it had CP somehow forced the cut last year. By no means is he the best athlete on the field, but he's steady and predictable and doesn't break the bank. There are a LOT of safeties better in the NFL, but how many will play for equal of less money and give equal to better production?
Anytime someone gets to 30, it's time to start thinking about replacing them in the defensive backfield or at least watching them closer.

Also I didn't really view this as a real option until I read some stuff about the Chiefs being all hot and heavy for Antoine Winfield.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:29 PM 04-03-2020
Now is definitely the time to get guys in place at CB/WR/OT/S/RB to take over for the guys with contracts running out in the next 2 years.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:31 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Now is definitely the time to get guys in place at CB/WR/OT/S/RB to take over for the guys with contracts running out in the next 2 years.
Yea but you're missing in there that we need to improve LB the worst.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:32 PM 04-03-2020
The only critique I’ll give Dirty Dan (and it’s not really one) is that it suits the D best when the team has someone like Thornhill in front of him. Dirty Dan is great in small doses and in what he does best, but I think he was overexposed a bit in the SB and the 49ers made consistent efforts to target him and did a good job exploiting him until Spags adjusted in the 4th.

Dan has been nails in the last two postseasons, though. No issue bringing him back next year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:42 PM 04-03-2020

One position that some believe would be worth even more investment on offense for the Chiefs would be running back. A pairing that seems to make sense is Ohio State’s J.K. Dobbins if he’s available at pick 32. He’s a player they’ve FaceTimed with. One of the draft’s top backs.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) April 3, 2020

[Reply]
Pablo 03:42 PM 04-03-2020
I've talked so much shit on Dirty Dan over the years. I swore after this run I was gonna shut the fuck up about him forever. He's important for whatever reason and that's good enough.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:45 PM 04-03-2020
Adding Dobbins to this offense- would be the stuff of dreams.

Teams would have to respect the run.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:48 PM 04-03-2020
I’d let Dobbins play all regular season then come playoff time sit his ass and have D Will come in because if we based his career on just the playoffs he would be a hall of famer
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:58 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I've talked so much shit on Dirty Dan over the years. I swore after this run I was gonna shut the **** up about him forever. He's important for whatever reason and that's good enough.
He's not a terrible coverage backer. He's no safety, though.
[Reply]
JD10367 03:58 PM 04-03-2020
This is a very smart move by the Chiefs. If you've watched Brady for the past 20 years, you've learned one thing: a lack of WR weapons means a lack of success. He made chicken salad from chicken shit most of the time but, whenever a receiver went down, it hurt the offense immensely. Now, with Hill, Hardman, and Watkins all returning, if one of them is dinged up (which, given the nature of the NFL, is almost a certainty every week of the season), you'll still field two quality wideouts. Lucky fucks.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:03 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
On one hand I'm glad he's back, on the other I'm disappointed that we are still paying him what we are. Wonder what 2021 costs us and how much we can save if we cut him?
It would cost the Chiefs 7 mil to cut him, so for 2 mil we have retained Sammy’s services. It’s a great move.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:12 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I've talked so much shit on Dirty Dan over the years. I swore after this run I was gonna shut the **** up about him forever. He's important for whatever reason and that's good enough.
Is he slightly overpaid at $3.6M for 2020?

Sure, but he’s been a playmaker.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:14 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He's not a terrible coverage backer. He's no safety, though.
No we don't use him in that way, but he definitely made some enormous plays for us. And he fits the new, nasty mold of this defense even if just in mindset very well so I'm done with trashing him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:29 PM 04-03-2020
Sorenson is actually better nearer the LoS. The farther away from the ball he plays, the less effective he is. But within his niche, he was great, especially in the playoffs. And he got better as the season went on. Not to mention the fact that he played every defensive and ST snap throughout the playoffs. That averaged 65-75 snaps a game three games in a row. That's ironman shit right there. I'd love to keep him another year at least.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up