ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 43
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Has there ever been a more insecure QB than Baker Mayfield?
RunKC 03:43 PM 09-27-2019
Can’t believe this guy is still being looked at as a “future star”. If anybody should be compared to Jay Cutler, it’s him.

Actually..he’s worse

He talked shit on the Texas QB while he’s in the NFL, he took shots at his old coach who wasn’t even with the team anymore and continued doing it in the offseason, he talked shit on Rex Ryan and now he’s talking shit on Instagram comments.

Good God you dumb motherfucker. You would think he spends as much time doing this petty bullshit as he does studying for a game.

He has shown talent, but man this guy is not someone you want on your team when things aren’t going well.

More reason to be thankful we have Mahomes.
Attached: 0204A3A7-19B5-47E7-8A83-FCE91141861F.jpeg (160.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:57 AM 12-23-2019
Make fun of him all you want, but Baker Mayfield offers me the best prices on staplers and stapler supplies in the whole tri-state region.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:08 AM 12-23-2019
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, and I'm not going to comb through 23 pages of this topic...

but right there in the original post, the OP has Baker's tweet about the Texas QB.

And says he's talking shit.

Don't you realize that Baker was an undersized walk-on QB? And that his tweet is actually an ENCOURAGEMENT and not TALKING SHIT?

Duh?

How's it possible that you don't know Mayfield was a walk-on and that nobody wanted him because he was 'too short'?

He was telling the kid to keep his head up and keep working.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:13 AM 12-23-2019
shut up chris we hate baker in here
[Reply]
Jerm 10:14 AM 12-23-2019

Baker Mayfield didn’t like the boos from the home crowd. He waved them off and the fans flipped him off. Merry Christmas Cleveland pic.twitter.com/0ML2hQqjT1

— Footballism™ (@FootbaIIism) December 23, 2019

Cleveland is such a dumpster fire...hilarious to see.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:18 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know if anyone has said this yet, and I'm not going to comb through 23 pages of this topic...

but right there in the original post, the OP has Baker's tweet about the Texas QB.

Don't you realize that Baker was an undersized walk-on QB? And that his tweet is actually an ENCOURAGEMENT and not TALKING SHIT?

Duh?

How's it possible that you don't know Mayfield was a walk-on and that nobody wanted him because he was 'too short'?

Freddie kitchens is the worst possible choice for mayfield. He's totally out of his depth. If kitchens designed a Josh allen like offense, he can develop by learning to manage games. He's so slippery in the pocket and is really really good throwing on the run. Same way big Ben was groomed. Instead, kitchens has an elite running game and refuses to run the ball.

Baker needs to be handled, not enabled. And he is not good enough to run a system... He needs a system built around him at this point in his career. I predict Mccarthy will be the browns next head coach and it will be real interesting to see what he does with baker and that offense.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:31 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Duh?

You sure that was encouragement?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-dont-like-him
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:38 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
shut up chris we hate baker in here

:-)

I know. But jeez. let's at least be accurate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:46 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You sure that was encouragement?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-dont-like-him

Yeah I am.

I think people take all this stuff WAY too seriously and don't Mayfield does.

I think he likes to fuck around and give people quotes and I don't he takes any of that seriously. I think he likes to look at the competition as the enemy in a competitive way. And I think after the fact he respects the kid as a competitor.

and I think that tweet literally cannot be read any other way than as a comparison with himself if you consider Baker's history as an 'undersized walk-on'. And you know, whatever happens, Baker had a lot of success as the guy nobody wanted, the undersized walk-on who won a Heismann.
Keep that energy. How the hell can you read it any other way?

Does Baker perhaps listen to and respond too much to outside criticism? Yeah probably. He uses it as fuel, he always has, and it got him this far, so who knows?

Will it be a problem in the NFL? Well, the only difference really between that feeding his fire and Brady, who can still tell you every single QB taken in front of him in his draft and what their careers were is that Baker doesn't keep his mouth shut. Maybe that'll be a problem. Maybe he'll learn to. Maybe he won't and it won't matter.

It's totally fine to not like the guy, but I think we oughta at least be accurate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:46 AM 12-23-2019
It's amazing how predictable some shit can be.

Mayfield is such an obvious frontrunner. That guy was NEVER going to be able to rally a team that was spinning its wheels. Once Cleveland stumbled out of the gates, this implosion was inevitable.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 12-23-2019
Chris trying to spin all of Baker’s antics into something positive is absolutely fucking hilarious

He’s a douche of the highest order and he also fucking sucks. Sorry dude, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 12-23-2019
[QUOTE=DJ's left nut;14674363]It's amazing how predictable some shit can be.

Mayfield is such an obvious frontrunner. That guy was NEVER going to be able to rally a team that was spinning its wheels. Once Cleveland stumbled out of the gates, this implosion was inevitable.[

And obvious frontrunner? A what?

This implosion is a shit coaching staff. Kitchens was a monumentally horrible head coaching hire by Dorsey. And I'm not a Dorsey hater. Kitchens though...man, he really shit down his leg on that one.

The whole team is underperforming. The whole team is undisciplined. It's literally why they lose. You can see it. It's not a talent issue. It's people just running around willy-nilly with no focus, no consistency.

Mayfield has flaws, but if they get a good coach in there, Cleveland will turn it around in a hurry. Like an immediate hurry.

Like if they hire Bienemy. Look out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:55 AM 12-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Chris trying to spin all of Baker’s antics into something positive is absolutely ****ing hilarious

He’s a douche of the highest order and he also ****ing sucks. Sorry dude, but it is what it is.
You're wrong, dude.

I mean, he may be a douche. He's certainly no more of a douche than 99% of this board.

But that tweet being given as evidence doesn't fly.

Unless you've just decided to hate the guy no matter what the fuck he does.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:57 AM 12-23-2019
History will prove me right here.

You're all going to be hating Mayfield for the next fifteen years or so.

Dorsey won't fuck up twice in a row on the coaching situation.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:02 AM 12-23-2019
[QUOTE=Chris Meck;14674377]
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's amazing how predictable some shit can be.

Mayfield is such an obvious frontrunner. That guy was NEVER going to be able to rally a team that was spinning its wheels. Once Cleveland stumbled out of the gates, this implosion was inevitable.[

And obvious frontrunner? A what?

This implosion is a shit coaching staff. Kitchens was a monumentally horrible head coaching hire by Dorsey. And I'm not a Dorsey hater. Kitchens though...man, he really shit down his leg on that one.

The whole team is underperforming. The whole team is undisciplined. It's literally why they lose. You can see it. It's not a talent issue. It's people just running around willy-nilly with no focus, no consistency.

Mayfield has flaws, but if they get a good coach in there, Cleveland will turn it around in a hurry. Like an immediate hurry.

Like if they hire Bienemy. Look out.
I wouldn't say look out. But I agree he's better than what he's become under the browns totally incompetent coaching staff.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 AM 12-23-2019
You also told us the Browns were going to be 10-6 at absolute worst and a big fucking problem in the playoffs.

Of course you’re going to say it’s ALL Kitchens now.

Look, Kitchens fucking sucks, but Baker is by far the second biggest problem on that football team considering the position he plays and where he was drafted.

The dude looked more like a late round/UDFA than a #1 overall pick. There’s literally nothing he did in 15 games that looked like a #1 overall franchise QB. He has no elite traits, and he doesn’t even have the confidence of his own teammates. If he even flashed this year, OBJ and Landry wouldn’t be dying to play elsewhere right now.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 43
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up