ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 328
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
Jerok 07:16 AM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
So if the Royals end up last, is that setting them up for a great prospect?
or is this the Chiefs drafting Eric Fischer again?
He will be great like Zimmer or Starling
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:28 AM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Jerok:
He will be great like Zimmer or Starling
:-)
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:30 AM 08-22-2018
Is Zimmer back throwing again?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 08-22-2018
Y'all hire Mike Matheny yet?

He's really good, fellas. I swear you'll love him. He's a leader of men and the Cardinals are simply experiencing a 6 week long dead cat bounce after getting rid of him.

He'll have things ironed right out for ya...
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:38 AM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
So if the Royals end up last, is that setting them up for a great prospect?
or is this the Chiefs drafting Eric Fischer again?
I'm sure they'll draft some high school kid who throws 100 mph with zero control.
[Reply]
Bufkin 10:36 AM 08-22-2018
This team shouldn’t settle for anything less than Bobby Witt. However, it’s Kansas City. Baltimore will take Witt who will turn around to be a Garciaparra clone, and we will take a pitcher who will someday retire with a 4.80 ERA.
[Reply]
cmh6476 12:33 PM 08-22-2018
can't get here soon enough

https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/2019...ts/c-291189904

Originally Posted by :
By Manny Randhawa and Chad Thornburg MLB.com

Major League Baseball announced the schedule for the 2019 regular season on Wednesday, beginning with an Opening Series between the Athletics and Mariners in Tokyo on March 20-21.

The traditional Opening Day is scheduled for March 28, continuing the new scheduling format that begins the season with an additional week to allow each club three or four more off-days throughout the year. It will be the earliest Opening Day in MLB history, excluding special season openers abroad.

• Complete 2019 MLB schedule

Opening Day will feature 10 division matchups and an Interleague contest between the Rangers and Cubs, and, as in 2018, all 30 clubs are scheduled to play. Due to weather-related cancellations, 13 of the 15 Opening Day games were played as scheduled this season.

Next year's Interleague slate features the American League East vs. the National League West, the AL Central vs. the NL East, and the AL West vs. the NL Central, in addition to traditional rivalry series such as the Crosstown Classic between the Cubs and White Sox in Chicago, the Subway Series between the Yankees and Mets in New York, and the I-70 Series between the Cardinals and Royals in Missouri.

[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:35 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
can't get here soon enough

https://www.mlb.com/royals/news/2019...ts/c-291189904
I can't wait to go into next season with another bottom 5-7 farm system and continuing to hang on to tradable assets for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever. Oh, and I'm excited as can be about watching other teams add the top international talent while we come up empty year after year.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:47 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I can't wait to go into next season with another bottom 5-7 farm system and continuing to hang on to tradable assets for absolutely no discernable reason whatsoever. Oh, and I'm excited as can be about watching other teams add the top international talent while we come up empty year after year.
The next meaningful contribution to this thread will be your first.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:31 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
This team shouldn’t settle for anything less than Bobby Witt. However, it’s Kansas City. Baltimore will take Witt who will turn around to be a Garciaparra clone, and we will take a pitcher who will someday retire with a 4.80 ERA.

Witt is not a slam dunk #1. He’s not Harper. He’s not David Price or Strasbourg. He’s not the guy that, a year out, he’d have to lose a limb to not go first overall.

Adley Ruschmann is a quality candidate for the top overall pick, too (as he has the potential to be a switch-hitting Buster Posey and has a reasonable floor of Matt Winters).

There’s a big difference in terms of success when drafting in the first 3 overall picks and drafting at 4-10.

Moore’s top 3 picks:
Moustakas (2)
Hosmer (3)

4-10:
Colon (5)
Starling (5)
Zimmer (5)
Dozier (8 - but for all intents and purposes, they took Manaea at this slot)
[Reply]
Mecca 04:44 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Witt is not a slam dunk #1. He’s not Harper. He’s not David Price or Strasbourg. He’s not the guy that, a year out, he’d have to lose a limb to not go first overall.

Adley Ruschmann is a quality candidate for the top overall pick, too (as he has the potential to be a switch-hitting Buster Posey and has a reasonable floor of Matt Winters).

There’s a big difference in terms of success when drafting in the first 3 overall picks and drafting at 4-10.

Moore’s top 3 picks:
Moustakas (2)
Hosmer (3)

4-10:
Colon (5)
Starling (5)
Zimmer (5)
Dozier (8 - but for all intents and purposes, they took Manaea at this slot)
Some of those picks though are Moore being a dumbass, Christian Colon over Chris Sale, Bubba Starling over Lindor, etc etc.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:50 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some of those picks though are Moore being a dumbass, Christian Colon over Chris Sale, Bubba Starling over Lindor, etc etc.
That’s true. Even radio idiots were crapping all over the pick of Colon. I think everyone knew that was a garbage pick.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:20 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'all hire Mike Matheny yet?

He's really good, fellas. I swear you'll love him. He's a leader of men and the Cardinals are simply experiencing a 6 week long dead cat bounce after getting rid of him.

He'll have things ironed right out for ya...

How’s it every year you guys are in the playoff race?

I look at your roster & it amazes me. I have several Card fans as friends & most had written the season off at the all-star break. I know the interim manager is a hero to them but will they actually hire him as the full-time manager?
[Reply]
Bowser 06:15 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
That’s true. Even radio idiots were crapping all over the pick of Colon. I think everyone knew that was a garbage pick.
I think we could have had either Chris Sale or George Springer that year, iirc.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:20 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think we could have had either Chris Sale or George Springer that year, iirc.
I think Springer was the Starling year so yea Springer and Lindor went after him.
[Reply]
Page 258 of 328
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Up