ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 216 of 268
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226266 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:52 AM 01-10-2018
49% audience approval on Rotten Tomatoes
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:07 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Wow that's bad.

I've been reading interviews with Rian Johnson all over the Internet doing damage control - basically saying all of the big points that people are complaining about (Rey's parents, Luke, Snoke's background, etc., etc.) may be revisited in Episode 9. Essentially he's walking back his entire story while simultaneously explaining that he couldn't include things like Snoke's origins anywhere in the movie lest it interfere with Rey's journey. Like he was filming a biographical documentary or something.

While I'm happy for anyone who found this to be a great movie I think it's safe to say that Rian really screwed this up.
:-) "guys, it was just filler." I enjoyed the movie personally, but that's absolutely pathetic. Can't even be bothered to stand behind his own storytelling decisions.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Monday's box office receipts

$1,791,497

That's a drop of 87.5% from last week.

"He's dead, Jim"
That might have had something to do with the national championship game being on TV.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:14 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That might have had something to do with the national championship game being on TV.
Uh, no
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:37 AM 01-10-2018

[Reply]
BigRichard 09:42 AM 01-10-2018
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:56 AM 01-10-2018
2016 College Football Playoff National Championship

January 11, 2016

The Force Awakens dropped from 12 million to 3 million, a 75 percent drop.

It definitely has an effect.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:11 AM 01-10-2018

Blame me. I put him on THE WRONG BUS. �� pic.twitter.com/ibZatt8tpP

— Bad Father Han Solo (@BadFatherHan) January 7, 2018

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:37 AM 01-10-2018

January 11, 2016

You are right about this I would think. That kind of drop absent some event like this is really out of the ordinary.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:41 AM 01-10-2018
Neither VII nor VIII should ever have been allowed to go forward, but they chose politics over plot. Now, Disney is going to have to find a way to fix what's really been a 5 movie decline, because it looks like even the fanboy base is finally figuring out that this stuff has all been shit since the OT was finished.

Luke's all they have, now, and even finding a way to set that part right and fix the story is going to take some serious tinkering. If they can do that, ditch the Pippi Skywalker and Emo Vader bullshit, and get better male leads with more interesting characters, they might still be able to right the ship.

I just have no faith in them doing that. VII showed that they don't really have many new ideas beyond the insertion of more radical politics, and VIII seems to have shown (from what I've heard here and read elsewhere) that the few ideas they do have are really shitty.
The decision to blow up everything Star Wars has ever been is just a bizarre and unfortunate move on KK’s part. I don’t buy for a second that anything gets thru her filter without approval and the fact that she has forced half her movies to go thru substantial reshoots tells me she has poor track record of keeping her story-telling objectives straight.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:48 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
49% audience approval on Rotten Tomatoes

January 11, 2016

Or possibly this
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:55 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
You are right about this I would think. That kind of drop absent some event like this is really out of the ordinary.
We'll see but I think it's more due to the fact that the kids across the nation are finally back in school.

Mine started last Wednesday but the rest of LAUSD didn't start until Monday.

There's going to be a huge dropoff this week.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 04:57 PM 01-10-2018
Neither VII nor VIII should ever have been allowed to go forward, but they chose politics over plot. Now, Disney is going to have to find a way to fix what's really been a 5 movie decline, because it looks like even the fanboy base is finally figuring out that this stuff has all been shit since the OT was finished.

Luke's all they have, now, and even finding a way to set that part right and fix the story is going to take some serious tinkering. If they can do that, ditch the Pippi Skywalker and Emo Vader bullshit, and get better male leads with more interesting characters, they might still be able to right the ship.

I just have no faith in them doing that. VII showed that they don't really have many new ideas beyond the insertion of more radical politics, and VIII seems to have shown (from what I've heard here and read elsewhere) that the few ideas they do have are really shitty.
Imagine if Snoke had not died and Luke allowed himself to be captured? Just think of the interest in Episode IX (will Luke go to the Dark Side? Confront Snoke?)

Imagine if Snoke had sent himself into Kylo's body (a la Dark Empire)? Kylo just isn't malevolent enough for me.

Imagine if Holdo hadn't existed and Leia had gone out by ramming her ship against Snoke's ship?

Imagine if Poe was left in charge after Leia was injured and had to come up with a plan?

Imagine if the reason Snoke didn't finish off the Resistance was on purpose to draw in the other resistance supporters from around the galaxy (as was hinted at somewhere).

Imagine less jokes (I was half expecting another fart joke before the end credits).

Imagine if Rey actually learned something on the island with Luke.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:58 PM 01-10-2018
nerdgasm here

[Reply]
bowener 10:15 PM 01-10-2018
nerdgasm here

I had classes with the host of this show. She was cool as shit, and funny as fuck when drunk. Andi was also a calendar girl back in those days (2006ish).
[Reply]
Page 216 of 268
« First < 116166206212213214215216 217218219220226266 > Last »
Up