ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 268
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Good post man. Don't let the haters change your mind with their nitpicking. This film was a fun, emotional, moving experience from start to finish.

It was everything that ever made SW great to me.
Why in the fuck do you think you're the designated spokesperson for this film?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:10 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why in the fuck do you think you're the designated spokesperson for this film?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:13 AM 01-04-2018
The is film is going to gross less than 75% of The Force Awakens, which essentially sets up Episode IX as grossing about 50% of The Force Awakens.

Rian Johnson is single-handedly killing the Star Wars franchise.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 AM 01-04-2018
The is film is going to gross less than 75% of The Force Awakens, which essentially sets up Episode IX as grossing about 50% of The Force Awakens.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:44 AM 01-04-2018
:-)

Again, you know absolutely nothing about the movie business.

You're just a fanboi.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:45 AM 01-04-2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 PM 01-04-2018
:-)

Again, you know absolutely nothing about the movie business.

You're just a fanboi.
Not only will TLJ do 1.5 billion, but Rian will get his trilogy, and it will make gobs of money.

You're just a hater.
[Reply]
temper11 12:32 PM 01-04-2018
except this...

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I'm not going to get into all of this but I will say that I thought The Last Jedi was a joy to watch. While far from a perfect film, it is complex and beautiful. The cast is outstanding. And I love how bold the film is.

I was never a committed super-nerd Star Wars fan. I liked the Original Trilogy well enough. As a kid I collected the toys. But The Force Awakens (and Rogue One to a greater degree) have turned me into a bigger SW fan than I've ever been previously.

The Last Jedi excels at all components. It turns everything that makes Star Wars "Star Wars" up to 11.

And I really loved it. I need to see it again. But I think this is a fantastic film, on the balance and I'm super excited for Episode 9.
If there is one universal truth in the world, it's that people are far more likely to seek out a message board if they have negative comments. As I said in an earlier post, I'm yet to actually meet anyone in real life that didn't like movie (and most loved it). I find that odd, given the vitriol on-line, but then I remembered that typically people aren't nearly as motivated to speak out when they are happy so I'm sure that's where the imbalance lies.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:02 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by temper11:
except this...

If there is one universal truth in the world, it's that people are far more likely to seek out a message board if they have negative comments. As I said in an earlier post, I'm yet to actually meet anyone in real life that didn't like movie (and most loved it). I find that odd, given the vitriol on-line, but then I remembered that typically people aren't nearly as motivated to speak out when they are happy so I'm sure that's where the imbalance lies.
The audience has spoken with its wallet, as well as with reviews. If you don't know anyone who didn't like the movie, you don't know anyone.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:08 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The audience has spoken with its wallet, as well as with reviews. If you don't know anyone who didn't like the movie, you don't know anyone.
Or he is one of those people that is so annoying and they lead you in questions about the movie so the people he does talk to just see where it is headed and agree with him just to get him to shut up.

We all know people like that.

"Hey, you just saw The Last Jedi right? It was so awesome wasn't it?"

"Yeah Frank, it was awesome. Can I go?"
[Reply]
bowener 01:20 PM 01-04-2018
My biggest annoyance with people claiming others are just "haters" or "nitpicking" is that they fall back on "enjoyment" as a mark of how good a film is, and they haven't quite grasped that people can enjoy shit films (look at The Room or Titanic or Avatar).

TLJ is shit storytelling. With all the lore, nostalgia, personal history, and fandom removed, it is still structurally a shitty story with a shitty plot told in a shitty manner. I can't think of a single scene where RJ did anything creative with his lighting or camera work. I would be more than happy to rewatch a shitty story if the cinematography is legitimately great. Hell, Interstellar is a great example of that for me.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 01:23 PM 01-04-2018
I disagree. But to each their own.
[Reply]
temper11 01:25 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Actually know a ton of pretty die hard star wars fans... and a fair number of casual fans. None have said they hated the movie. None. That's just been my experience, but just seems odd given the level of hate in some of these posts.
[Reply]
temper11 01:28 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Or he is one of those people that is so annoying and they lead you in questions about the movie so the people he does talk to just see where it is headed and agree with him just to get him to shut up.

We all know people like that.

"Hey, you just saw The Last Jedi right? It was so awesome wasn't it?"

"Yeah Frank, it was awesome. Can I go?"
ha ha ha... I'm in marketing, so a portion of my job involves survey development. Spend a fair amount of effort not asking leading questions that will skew the result.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:31 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I disagree. But to each their own.
Exactly. Some like it, some don't. No cause for all this butt hurt.
[Reply]
Page 208 of 268
« First < 108158198204205206207208 209210211212218258 > Last »
Up