ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 192
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:54 AM 03-23-2022
This would be a lot easier to accept if they were SB champs.

Too bad this little traitor wouldn't accept a team-friendly deal. So many greedy bastards out there.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:54 AM 03-23-2022

With the Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill, the team creates $20.4 million in salary cap space, according to Over The Cap.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Woogieman 10:55 AM 03-23-2022
Like most, I was hoping to get a little more next year, but before the trade is given an "F", let's see what happens with the $20mm cap space that opened up (prob won't know until next year), and what Veach does with the extra picks (comps from Poles). He's never been in this position, never had an economy of picks...if he's great, he can practically rule the next two drafts. 1 down year while everyone spends like a Hilton sister so you dominate the next 7? Deal me in.
[Reply]
scho63 10:55 AM 03-23-2022
This hurts as a big Tyreek fan but obviously they wanted to offer a ton to get him.

Just remember Jared Allen's trade and how it hurt like hell and then we drafted GREAT and got Brandon Albert and Jamaal Charles.

Let's hope we get something good here.

I wonder if Brett felt since all the teams are playing a deep cover 2 now, that Tyreek's value was less?

He was one hell of a weapon.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 10:55 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We almost have to move up in the draft now if they want a top WR.
Everyone freaking out is forgetting that we drafted Hardman as Hill's replacement when all the bullshit was happening with baby momma. I'm disappointed in the return, but we couldn't match the payday Hill just got.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
And an offense.
Get a Dotson or Burks in the first and we’ll be okay.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
should have took the jets #10 pick

#29 is shit
[Reply]
tk13 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
You just aren't going to find another talent like Hill. That's why it sucks. It's not going to happen. But it's the name of the game... we've been going all out to win the last couple years and other teams will have more cap space and be able to go wild. And when you're successful some guys are going think they've got their ring and go get as much money as humanly possible.

The only way to kind of stop this is do what Polian did with the Colts, pay Manning, James, Harrison, etc. and then literally don't do anything major in FA and build everything through the draft.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
Congratulations for a move the Patriots under Belichick would have made 10 out of 10 times. Great medium to long term deal for the Chiefs if KC just does a decent job with the additional cap space and plethora of picks. It values Hill more than Adams and when you factor in Hill's punt returning ability, he should be valued a little more. Hill will probably age better than Adams since he takes less big hits and he is already one year younger but one injury to Hill could obviously change everything.

Dolphins made much more sense for Hill than the Jets. He will be the big star even over their QB which most people think of as someone more like an average QB. Lower taxes than NY. Warm weather perhaps more important as he ages. Arguably better night life than even NY. Great place to live if you are rich.

Long term this trade helps the Bills/Patriots/Jets since Dolphins lost so much cheap draft capital but it does make the Dolphins better in the short term.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

#29 is shit
We didn't have a choice
[Reply]
Shields68 10:56 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
sums up the trade lol

Hill -> MIA
Late 1st and trash -> KC

you can't convince me this is in any way shape or form a good trade for us. **** off with that apologist bullshit. the return is absolute garbage for what will be a hof talent in his prime.
Yeah trading Hill is not good. But you also need to factor in that Hill was not signing here for what we could pay him. We could not make the cap numbers work for a 25 million a year contract. The only way this works out is we use the 21 million we cleared for signing Hill productively and bring in one or two guys that improves our team and then hit with the picks.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:57 AM 03-23-2022
Any word on the new contract?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:57 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
John Dorsey would've NEVER allowed it to get to this point.
The guy that drafted Mayfield?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:57 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

#29 is shit
JFC if Hill doesn’t wanna sign a long term deal the 10th isn’t on the table. He didn’t wanna play there. Are people this stupid
[Reply]
Valiant 10:57 AM 03-23-2022
Sucks. Don't think we got enough back. Was my favorite guy. But he is secure for life.

But I guess we see how Patrick does without him.
Guys will need to step up or Kelce will be triple teamed.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 192
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up