ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
In Memoriam>RIP Saccopoo
Sorter 06:45 PM 05-16-2016
It appears that our friend Saccopoo has lost his battle with a cancerous brain tumor.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294345

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/des...275&fhid=29609

RIP friend!

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:40 PM 08-20-2016
Good effort guys! He will be missed - maybe one day we'll get a surprise visit.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:40 PM 08-20-2016
He lives in the salt lake valley and confirmed this when he talked about getting treatment at the huntsman cancer institute. Most likely died from his tumor.

Hope he's kicking ass in the after life.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:46 PM 08-20-2016
My brother died of the same kind of tumor Sacc had a few years ago.

50% die within 1 year of stage 4 diagnosis. Something like 80% are gone within 2 years and less than 2% make it to 5. Less than one third of one percent make it 10 years.

Stage 4 GBM is the worst diagnosis a person can have. Sucks, I hate cancer.
[Reply]
Gonzo 04:00 AM 08-21-2016
Wow guys, good work. I may have to contract some of you one of these days. :-)

Anyway, I would never reveal someone's info like that normally but this was obviously special circumstances.
Thank you for trying. I hope the dude is on a beach in Mexico drinking 100 year old scotch and snorting blow off a 22 year old woman's tits.
[Reply]
threebag 04:21 AM 08-21-2016
As long as the 22yr old has perky tits and no dick
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:23 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by threebag02:
As long as the 22yr old has perky tits and no dick
That's more of a Thailand thing I believe..not saying there couldn't be but his chances of running into lady boy are higher in Thailand
[Reply]
scho63 07:08 AM 08-21-2016
Could this be him?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sal...373&fhid=23304

Brian Thomas Durning

1960 ~ 2016
Uncompromising integrity, dignity and grace best describe our husband, son, brother, uncle and friend Brian Thomas Durning. He was born on July 5, 1960 in Plainfield, New Jersey and died at his home in Holladay, Utah on August 1, 2016 from glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. Brian was the fourth child born to loving parents Patrick and Joan Durning.
Brian received his undergraduate degree from Bucknell University in 1982 and his MBA from the University of Utah in 1991. He had a distinguished 33 year career at PacifiCorp, working most recently as a manager for PacifiCorp Energy. Brian was an avid Utes basketball and football supporter. He enjoyed watching track and field, gymnastics, swimming and diving. He was a lifelong athlete, and had been an accomplished runner.
Brian met Bryan Harman in June, 1998. They were committed partners for 15 years before they were able to marry on December 23, 2013, following the U.S. District Court ruling that established marriage equality in Utah. He cherished his husband, friends and family. He maintained his curiosity about the world and its people. He was meticulous.
Brian is survived by his beloved husband Bryan; his mother Joan, sisters Kathleen and Megan; brothers Patrick (Marion), Michael (Julie), and Peter; Bryan's children Alisa and Derek; his nephews; and a host of friends and coworkers. Brian is preceded in death by his father Patrick.
A celebration of Brian's life will be held on Thursday, August 25, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Starks Funeral Parlor, 3651 South 900 East, Salt Lake City. Guests are encouraged to use the complimentary valet parking provided on the north side of the building.
Brian's husband and family wish to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff at the Huntsman Cancer Institute for their compassionate care, as well as their collection of Bruce Springsteen music. They also hope that in lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to: Huntsman Cancer Foundation, 500 Huntsman Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108.
Online condolences may be offered to the family and a tribute video may be viewed at www.starksfuneral.com.
Published in Salt Lake Tribune from Aug. 7 to Aug. 21, 2016
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:16 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Could this be him?

Brian Thomas Durning

1960 ~ 2016
Uncompromising integrity, dignity and grace best describe our husband, son, brother, uncle and friend Brian Thomas Durning. He was born on July 5, 1960 in Plainfield, New Jersey and died at his home in Holladay, Utah on August 1, 2016 from glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. Brian was the fourth child born to loving parents Patrick and Joan Durning.
Brian received his undergraduate degree from Bucknell University in 1982 and his MBA from the University of Utah in 1991. He had a distinguished 33 year career at PacifiCorp, working most recently as a manager for PacifiCorp Energy. Brian was an avid Utes basketball and football supporter. He enjoyed watching track and field, gymnastics, swimming and diving. He was a lifelong athlete, and had been an accomplished runner.
Brian met Bryan Harman in June, 1998. They were committed partners for 15 years before they were able to marry on December 23, 2013, following the U.S. District Court ruling that established marriage equality in Utah. He cherished his husband, friends and family. He maintained his curiosity about the world and its people. He was meticulous.
Brian is survived by his beloved husband Bryan; his mother Joan, sisters Kathleen and Megan; brothers Patrick (Marion), Michael (Julie), and Peter; Bryan's children Alisa and Derek; his nephews; and a host of friends and coworkers. Brian is preceded in death by his father Patrick.
A celebration of Brian's life will be held on Thursday, August 25, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Starks Funeral Parlor, 3651 South 900 East, Salt Lake City. Guests are encouraged to use the complimentary valet parking provided on the north side of the building.
Brian's husband and family wish to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff at the Huntsman Cancer Institute for their compassionate care, as well as their collection of Bruce Springsteen music. They also hope that in lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to: Huntsman Cancer Foundation, 500 Huntsman Way, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108.
Online condolences may be offered to the family and a tribute video may be viewed at www.starksfuneral.com.
Guessing no.
[Reply]
pr_capone 07:16 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Could this be him?

Brian Thomas Durning

1960 ~ 2016
Nope. He said he was 49 in his tumor thread. This guy was 56
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:20 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
Nope. He said he was 49 in his tumor thread. This guy was 56
Pretty sure he didnt have a husband either.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:25 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Pretty sure he didnt have a husband either.
This.
[Reply]
scho63 07:25 AM 08-21-2016
I just read in one of his posts that he said he had a daughter and also said he went to KU

So I see that is not him unless he lied.

He spent a LOT of his time on the board discussing Chiefs football. He also seemed to really like heavy metal and posted often in music threads or about music. He also made a lot of posts in the hottest celebrity poll contest.

I'm searching many OBITS in entire Utah and even Missouri because he may have had family there. Nothing coming up and hard to tell if he truly went to KU as he claims or anything else.

Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
Yes, I've never watched college basketball ever.

Including those days where I camped out in front of Allen to get in line for student tickets when I was attending KU.

Now you've been trolled. Fer realz yo.
Everybody dies alone anyway.

However, kids can be a mixed bag.

Some kids, like my daughter, can be an absolute joy and are the greatest thing in your life.

Some kids can be the ultimate headache that fills the remainder of your life with pain and regret.

But a lot of that has to do with proper parenting. But sometimes a person/kid is just a bad person/kid regardless of how much love and time you put into it.

I was lucky. My daughter has been as perfect of a kid as I could have ever imagined or hoped for. Thank Christ she wasn't like me.
Just finished the first run/series of radiation treatments and chemo on Thursday. Seven weeks, 33 treatments of radiation and chemo pills every day during that time.

Worked full time through the whole deal (including a lot of 11+ hour days) and never really got hit with fatigue or nausea. (I did take the week of Thanksgiving off to spend it with my daughter.)
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
What is your age, Sac?
After the radiation and chemo?

I approximate 1034.

Drivers license says 48.

The 23 year old I was banging last night thought I was 30.

Somewhere in-between I imagine.

[Reply]
scho63 07:46 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I just checked the Salt Lake City Tribune for recent obits and no one fit the criteria as I know it.

Unfortunately, without keywords, it only goes back about a week.
You can used ADVANCED search and go back forever.

With all the searching and based on the info he provided, I'm going to conclude that he has not passed on but may be in pretty dire shape. No obits match at all....
[Reply]
Mav 10:28 AM 08-21-2016
Damn. This guy was always awesome to me from day one. I'm truly saddened but honored to have shared this forum with him. I find it remarkable that people gave enough of a crap to even notice he wasn't around. It's why I always state this is the greatest community of posters I've ever seen. You guys are fucking amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:32 AM 08-21-2016
If Sacc has left us, may he congregate in the Great Locker Room in the Sky with every great fatty that ever played the game, helping to create the Great Celestial Push for all mankind.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up