ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 173
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Dave Lane 07:26 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I have too many lesions blocking bile ducts, so the procedure didn't work. They did find bleeding in my esophagus and cauterized that, so I should stop puking blood. Next step, interventional radiology next week, maybe. They will call tomorrow.
If you need a hookup I may know a guy
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:12 AM 03-18-2017
You're the man, Ed. Hope all is well.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:44 AM 03-18-2017
No shame in a bit of MJ assistance.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:59 PM 03-18-2017
Your doc will give you Zofran, Dolasetron, Zyrpexa, or similar, and those work. Give the doc a ring, Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:14 PM 03-21-2017
I made it through the procedure and already there is a lot of bile in the bag, plus what is draining internally into my small intestine. Thank God for something finally working. My eyes were glow in the dark yellow today so I was worried about the jaundice. I am being kept overnight, but not complaining. The nurses will show me twice how to tend the bag and drain, so I am grateful for the pros being able to take more time with me before I flush and care for it on my own. I even ate well, 3 of 4 pizza slices, carrots, celery, cherry Italian ice, and ginger ale. Moving into my bed had me moaning and grimacing but a liquid dose of hydromorphone burned and about sent me for nap time.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:15 PM 03-21-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Your doc will give you Zofran, Dolasetron, Zyrpexa, or similar, and those work. Give the doc a ring, Ed.
Got a Zofran order in already for home.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:30 PM 03-21-2017
I made it through the procedure and already there is a lot of bile in the bag, plus what is draining internally into my small intestine. Thank God for something finally working. My eyes were glow in the dark yellow today so I was worried about the jaundice. I am being kept overnight, but not complaining. The nurses will show me twice how to tend the bag and drain, so I am grateful for the pros being blue to take more time with me before I flush and care for it on my own. I even ate well, 3 of 4 pizza slices, carrots, celery, cherry Italian ice, and ginger ale. Moving into my bed had me moaning and grimacing but a liquid dose of hydromorphone burned and about sent me for nap time.
Keep strong buddy !
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:03 PM 03-24-2017
Something very unexpected happened today and I needed it. My doorbell rang about 10 am and it was Pastor Kris from my church, St. Mark's Lutheran, where I have not gone in two years due to cancer stuff. I was afraid they might think I was dead. It turns out that our vet, Doc Knappenberger, gave her our address. She lives in Perimmon Hill, so we're practically neighbors. She gave me Communion which I've sorely missed, and then annointed me with oil for an extra blessing. She is going to see me every week and bring me Communion until my trip and then once I return. Thank you, God, for this gift today! I have to stop typing now because I can't see so well through tears.
[Reply]
Dante84 03:05 PM 03-24-2017
Awesome, Ed. So glad to hear you had a great day. Thinking of you, buddy!
[Reply]
Chromatic 03:33 PM 03-24-2017
fuck yeah, ed

[Reply]
Buehler445 03:42 PM 03-24-2017
Good for your pastor Ed.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 03:55 PM 03-24-2017
Awesome, Ed. You are indeed an inspiration.....and now you're an inspiration with Holy Communion in you!!! Double awesome!!!!!!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:02 PM 03-24-2017
I made it through the procedure and already there is a lot of bile in the bag, plus what is draining internally into my small intestine. Thank God for something finally working. My eyes were glow in the dark yellow today so I was worried about the jaundice. I am being kept overnight, but not complaining. The nurses will show me twice how to tend the bag and drain, so I am grateful for the pros being able to take more time with me before I flush and care for it on my own. I even ate well, 3 of 4 pizza slices, carrots, celery, cherry Italian ice, and ginger ale. Moving into my bed had me moaning and grimacing but a liquid dose of hydromorphone burned and about sent me for nap time.
Something very unexpected happened today and I needed it. My doorbell rang about 10 am and it was Pastor Kris from my church, St. Mark's Lutheran, where I have not gone in two years due to cancer stuff. I was afraid they might think I was dead. It turns out that our vet, Doc Knappenberger, gave her our address. She lives in Perimmon Hill, so we're practically neighbors. She gave me Communion which I've sorely missed, and then annointed me with oil for an extra blessing. She is going to see me every week and bring me Communion until my trip and then once I return. Thank you, God, for this gift today! I have to stop typing now because I can't see so well through tears.
You've got enough guts for 5 sets of teeth, Fast Eddie... you're an amazing person

So glad your pastor was able to see you, that kind of support is invaluable
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:31 PM 03-24-2017
That's really wonderful to hear, Ed. You should talk to her often. Pastors see many people dealing with serious illnesses and will have a lot of help and perspective. I would say that the spiritual self is more important to keep healthy than the body and a dose of that might really be a balm for you and your spirits.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:46 PM 03-24-2017
That's awesome.... Yay God and Godly people...
[Reply]
Page 144 of 173
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up