ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Washington DC and The Holy Land>no president had a higher *disapproval* rating than Trump now has.
oaklandhater 03:48 PM 06-02-2020

Trump's disapproval rating has been on the rise again, now up to 54%. There were some presidents with lower approval ratings to this point in their first terms, but no president had a higher *disapproval* rating than Trump now has.https://t.co/Vfmzd6B2ps pic.twitter.com/X3qpeAwoAe

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) June 2, 2020

[Reply]
scho63 01:32 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
you have a grade school mentality.
I'm starting to think he still is in grade school.....:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:33 AM 06-03-2020
Wait...so you're saying they've got home this time, right!?
[Reply]
scho63 01:34 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Imagine if we had a media that wasn't all controlled by a political party.
You heard that on Fox News! :-)

Didn't you know that ALL the media is straight down the middle and fair EXCEPT Fox. They are the ONLY biased news organization. Just ask all the other media. :-)

[Reply]
HemiEd 03:31 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

you could make a case that debates don't matter that much considering how badly Clinton made him look.
You mean the one where she was given the questions ahead of time?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:42 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, actually. Lol

They should put the debates on pay per view, because it's going to be a blood bath on that stage.
Sleepy Joe can't even put two coherent sentences together so I can't imagine him "winning" a debate against Trump.

I'm not an ageist but Biden will be 78 years old later this year. I'm sorry but that's just too old for a newly elected president.

Much like McCain in 2008, people will be concerned about his running mate because there's a very good chance that if elected, Biden won't make it through the full term.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:49 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Sleepy Joe can't even put two coherent sentences together so I can't imagine him "winning" a debate against Trump.

I'm not an ageist but Biden will be 78 years old later this year. I'm sorry but that's just too old for a newly elected president.

Much like McCain in 2008, people will be concerned about his running mate because there's a very good chance that if elected, Biden won't make it through the full term.
Originally Posted by :
ďLook, having nuclear ó my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart ó you know, if youíre a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say Iím one of the smartest people anywhere in the world ó itís true! ó but when youíre a conservative Republican they try ó oh, do they do a number ó thatís why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune ó you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because weíre a little disadvantaged ó but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me ó it would have been so easy, and itís not as important as these lives are ó nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of whatís going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? ó but when you look at whatís going on with the four prisoners ó now it used to be three, now itís four ó but when it was three and even now, I would have said itís all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they donít, they havenít figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, itís gonna take them about another 150 years ó but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.Ē
Biden will do just fine against someone who talks like that.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 01:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
^
truth
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:57 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

LOL OK trump will be.. 74 :-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:08 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
false
[Reply]
Bowser 02:10 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
false
Oh, then another one?
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:11 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
:-) He'll win in a landslide again.
He lost the popular vote, and his % of the electoral college was the 46th largest in history (out of 58). Is this what you'd call a landslide?
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:18 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Any live airing of Biden speaking from a script in a safe space is a disaster for him.

Biden having to think of his own replies to Trumpís withering onslaught would leave a melted puddle with aviator shades and liver spots floating on top.
Sure, you can say "Trump's going to turn the race around when the debates come", but the subject of the thread is the fact that no candidate has ever had higher disapproval than Trump does right now.

We talked about this with Hillary before 2016, that one sign she was a terrible candidate was that her "dislike" was higher than any candidate ever, to that point in history, which signaled that not only was she disliked, but that almost everyone had made up their mind about her.

Trump may be able to turn this race around, but it cannot be denied that he is in uncharted territory with respect to trying to win an election with disapproval ratings as high as he has.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:28 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
LOL OK trump will be.. 74 :-)
There's a huge difference between someone who's 74 and someone who's 78.

Obama looked like a GQ model before he became president and looked like an old grandfather 8 years later.

It's ridiculous to assume that a 78 year old man, regardless of political party, will make it four full years in literally the most stressful job in the entire world.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up