ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Police, National Guard sweep protesters from Lafayette Square ahead of curfew
RodeoPants2 06:08 PM 06-01-2020
I welcome all libertarians and lovers of freedom and our first amendment rights to the resistance. Those of you who think looting is a capital offense or that the right to assemble is subject to the whims of the government are welcome to move to Russia or China.

Originally Posted by :
With 20 minutes left until the District’s 7 p.m. curfew, authorities set off a series of explosions in the middle of a crowd in Lafayette Square, some landing right at protesters’ feet, before forcing demonstrators from the park. President Trump later walked across the area to visit historic St. John’s Episcopal Church, which was damaged in a fire set Sunday.

Trump said he was taking “swift and decisive action to protect our great capital, Washington, D.C. What happened last night was a total disgrace. As we speak, I am dispatching thousands and thousands of heavily armed soldiers, military personnel and law enforcement officers to stop the rioting, looting, vandalism, assaults and the wanton destruction of property. We are putting everybody on warning, our 7 o’clock curfew will be strictly enforced.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...d-white-house/
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:55 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
why are you a lying scumbag? I've clearly said that the looters are criminals.
Equating these protests with looters is their lazy and convenient way to not care about police brutality.

And its the same as it ever was.

MLK addressed it as thus:

Originally Posted by :
"First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season."

Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:56 PM 06-02-2020
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-live-updates/

Barr should be prosecuted.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 01:02 PM 06-02-2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 01:50 PM 06-02-2020

Good. Luck.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:51 PM 06-02-2020

What are you charging me with?

“Maintaining order”
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:54 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

“Maintaining order”
Conspiracy to commit assault, civil rights violations
[Reply]
Shields68 02:00 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

“Maintaining order”
Guess I am not seeing the problem. Several days of violence, numerous secret service agents hurt, and President had to be told to go into a bunker. God forbid ordering the perimeter extended. Mass gathering dispersed after three days of mass gatherings causing damage.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:07 PM 06-02-2020
Let's look at the full text:

- No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger;
- nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb;
- nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, - nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
- nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I highlighted the relevant portion.

Posters ITT who claim to be Americans have basically no respect for the constitution when they call for protesters to be shot.

Another relevant part of the constitution is this, from the 8th amendment:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

I would argue that the death penalty, without due process, is not an appropriate punishment for looting, and I think most of civil society would agree. Would you?
Look at this donkey, quoting the COTUS verbatim (not really, since he somehow believes that the BOR protects looting/thievery/etc.), but can't understand or agree with the same language written by the same people that wrote the 2nd A.

:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:20 PM 06-02-2020
And as predicted every key detail of the OP is wrong and the story fabricated. Shocking.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:05 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Guess I am not seeing the problem. Several days of violence, numerous secret service agents hurt, and President had to be told to go into a bunker. God forbid ordering the perimeter extended. Mass gathering dispersed after three days of mass gatherings causing damage.

Coward.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:07 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Look at this donkey, quoting the COTUS verbatim (not really, since he somehow believes that the BOR protects looting/thievery/etc.), but can't understand or agree with the same language written by the same people that wrote the 2nd A.

:-)

Where did I say the bill of rights protects looting?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:46 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And as predicted every key detail of the OP is wrong and the story fabricated. Shocking.

[Reply]
Eleazar 07:52 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by NewChief:
How people can handle this level of disgusting pandering, I don't know.

I'm surprised lightning didn't strike him while he was holding that Bible upside down.
You know, it was vulgar, what he did by posing there with a Bible he isn't even familiar enough with to know which end is up. The Bible should not be used as a prop, and Trump has gotten very poor reviews for it from the evangelicals he probably thought he was impressing.

But as for the protestations of the Episcopalians, they have been using churches and Bibles as props to deceive people for a whole generation, so I don't want to hear it from them.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:48 AM 06-03-2020

President Trump tells Brian Kilmeade it was a false report that he was taken to the underground bunker amid protests, though he confirms he did go to the bunker. He says he went in the day and it was "more for an inspection." "I was there for a tiny, short little period of time."

— Kaitlan Collins (@kaitlancollins) June 3, 2020

Does this dude not lie about anything? My god.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:49 AM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

Does this dude not lie about anything? My god.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up