ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 394
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341391 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Minnesota Riots
Taco John 11:29 PM 05-28-2020

https://t.co/d01pNErU7Q

— Joe Palmer 🇺🇸 ✘ (@JoeSPalmer) May 29, 2020


[Reply]
vailpass 03:56 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I suppose the other possibility will be a MASSIVE jump in officer salaries to kick off recruiting efforts. Possible signing bonuses?

And ultimately that will end up funded by cuts to social services (harmful to minority and poor communities and thus counterproductive) and of course property tax hikes that will impact suburbs and more affluent communities that aren't the damn problem to begin with.

Reason has gone so far out the ****ing window at this point that it's barely a memory. Just so damn bizarre.
Hadn't thought of it that way. I'd guess this tact might come into play once there is a shortage of cops. Jesus, what a cluster has been made by less than what, 2% of the population?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:57 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Ashton Kuthcer. Give me a break. All lives matter. Including the black people who are routinely slaughtered by small arms fire in large cities on a daily basis and have been for years and years and years, in places like Chicago for instance. Fuck him and fuck all the virtue signalling pieces of shit trying to get in on the act because it's a current event.
I deleted Twitter from my phone and muted a bunch of stuff on the computer.

The problem is that most of these people can't marshal an independent thought. They've all become Stephen A. Smith who re-post someone ELSE'S thoughts on the subject like they're some goddamn poet laureat and freedom fighter than caption "I will not stick to sports and I know this will make people angry, but YEAH, I SAID IT!" Dude....you didn't say anything, you 'this'd' some other guy on the interwebs... And the self-flaggelation of the media, building themselves up as victims to some imaginary fucking straw man 'hater', has become so common as to be laughable.

Bottom line, if these righteous twitter warriors they really cared about this shit, they'd actually have something to say on the topic - not just repost it. I have never been passionate on a subject and couldn't come up with my own thoughts on it. Or felt that someone else's were EXACTLY how I felt right down the comma placement. So much so, in fact, that I will gladly substitute their language and their expression for my own.

The majority don't bother and become the 'yeah' guy. We all have a 'yeah' friend and we like him well enough - probably a good dude. The the hell if we care what he has to say when he just say "what he said" as though it's somehow dispositive of an argument.

And when you start shouting 'yeah' into the internet void/public space, then you're not looking for dialogue, you're blatantly virtue signalling and seeking internet points - which are of course the best points to have.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:59 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know 4 Kansas City police officers, and with the exception of one of them being ex-military none of them fit any of those descriptions. All of them are outstanding human beings and the fact that you automatically assume that these are the actual groups that police officers must come from explains a lot.
He's spouting woke-twitter talking points that apply to a very small percent of police. Adult citizens with childish attitudes toward authority are a large part of the problem.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:00 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know 4 Kansas City police officers, and with the exception of one of them being ex-military none of them fit any of those descriptions. All of them are outstanding human beings and the fact that you automatically assume that these are the actual groups that police officers must come from explains a lot.
I don't exactly have a super high opinion of police officers from ones I've personally dealt with.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:01 PM 06-03-2020
I have not vetted this but the article I found it in states that it's a 'to serve and protect' monument in Salt Lake City. If that is correct then this is vandalism that I approve of:


[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:03 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Yeah, the cities will die and rural living will make a comeback. :-)
A lot of regions have been seeing a shift away from urban living for anyone that can afford it.

Part of it was that the economy was humming for a long while so people had more possibilities, obviously other parts of it are how much COVID exposed various downsides to urban living. This whole thing won't have had time to filter through the system yet and could easily be offset by economic downturn anyway.

Sample sizes are relatively small, but many people that can afford to do so have been. And if this all transitions more employers to allow for remote work, I suspect many of them will continue to do so.

Living in major cities sucks balls - not sure why this is a surprise to anyone. And if suburban flight continues, it will only leave behind those that can't afford to leave and the tax base will erode to nothing. It could easily create a cycle towards collapse in major areas that AREN'T some sort of hub of a financial sector that can continue to bring in revenue from outside the city. The slow decay of St. Louis City has been as demonstrative an example you'll ever see and it could easily get worse.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 04:04 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know 4 Kansas City police officers, and with the exception of one of them being ex-military none of them fit any of those descriptions. All of them are outstanding human beings and the fact that you automatically assume that these are the actual groups that police officers must come from explains a lot.
Yep, he has animus toward cops as a group which is bigotry like any other kind.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:05 PM 06-03-2020
I am on the left and the right has won all the battles. People need to look at their own actions.
[Reply]
Pogue 04:06 PM 06-03-2020

BREAKING: @Project_Veritas infiltrated the violent group #ANTIFA and will show our undercover footage to the world tomorrow.

See it first: https://t.co/OmxtSzHIlh#EXPOSEANTIFA pic.twitter.com/L5TaQNcBPJ

— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) June 3, 2020

[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:06 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't exactly have a super high opinion of police officers from ones I've personally dealt with.
if you got you haircut like renegade you will be treated as such
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:10 PM 06-03-2020
all this piss and vinegar to post on fb and protest and loot but they won't do the dirty work and vote or get swing votes
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:10 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know 4 Kansas City police officers, and with the exception of one of them being ex-military none of them fit any of those descriptions. All of them are outstanding human beings and the fact that you automatically assume that these are the actual groups that police officers must come from explains a lot.
Yeah, that's just incredible bullshit.

I've known several personally and they're universally great people. I had one little clash with a guy who was hired by a subdivision or something I guess to write tickets on his day off so he was driving around in his personal vehicle. We were friendly to him, waved, said hi - whatever. He did several laps while we were grilling in my buddy's side yard and we decided to walk down to the little park in the area to play whiffle ball.

I grabbed my cooler, grabbed my beer and we started walking. He comes around on another lap, hops out of his truck, cites everyone but me for open container. The only reason I didn't get one was I wasn't on the sidewalk - I was in a yard. Drinking beer a foot further to the right was evidently legal.

I got mouthy with him because it was just a petty, shitty thing to do. And yeah, when I got mouthy, he pretty much did what I would do and he put his big boy pants on and chirped back a bit. He was a dick, we were all kinda dicks in response and people were people is the long and short of it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:32 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
all this piss and vinegar to post on fb and protest and loot but they won't do the dirty work and vote or get swing votes
This!! All these people who are protesting of every race and gender, will not do the part that counts the most. Register to vote and participate in the elections. Iím sure itís easier to loot and burn stuff than actually follow politics, understand what the person youíre voting for supports, and vote for them.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:32 PM 06-03-2020
Lol at some of the conservatives posting on here 99.9% who have never dealt w police brutality in any form in their life. They think just because their friends are good cops that all cops are like that.

**** out of here w that. Look I have of respect for the good cops but there are a lot of bad ones out there who target minorities, creating an unjust society
[Reply]
ping2000 04:38 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
About the only place I can think of that would be worse for the riot thugs to fuck around in than Idaho would be Montana.
Conservative except for all of the hollyweirdo actors that have invaded the state.
[Reply]
Page 291 of 394
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301341391 > Last »
Up