staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:37 PM 06-03-2020
I hear the forklifts coming to move the thread to DC
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:40 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Go fuck yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while home of the CHIEFS is perfectly ok. It's because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?

No, you worthless fuck, you obviously can’t have a calm political discussion because you admitted yourself that you get way too emotional. That’s why your passive aggressive bleeding isn’t needed and political shit isn’t supposed to be in the lounge, as well. So change your tampon out, because toxic shock is real.

Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling. You find a post of me bitching about the kneeling, with me beside myself from it. I will donate $100 to whatever cause you want, if you can’t find it you can donate the same amount to my pick.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:40 PM 06-03-2020
Go **** yourself. It's passive aggressive because we're not supposed to post politics in the lounge - even in an obviously political thread like this.

My message was clear - it's complete BS that Kaep kneeling is deemed offensive enough to get right-wing idiots like you beside themselves with rage, while "home of the CHIEFS" is perfectly ok. It's completely arbitrary - and only happens because white people make the rules. Is that clear enough for you dickhead?
Fuck off troll, this has been explained over and over to you. None of your assertions are accurate, and they say a lot more about you than those you try to smear.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:41 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
:-) I don't think you trade the franchise.
Why not?

Brees is 41 years old and the Saints extended Taysom Hill this offseason.

They're not going to get a draft pick for Brees next season, so why not pick up an extra pick they can use in an effort to move up for one of the Big 3 in the 2021 draft?

It seems like a Win-Win for both franchises.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:41 PM 06-03-2020
Next to Mahomie Brees might be the most popular player in the NFL. They don't want none of that smoke. Trade those soft bitches to Cleveland.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:42 PM 06-03-2020
When asked for his opinion on the protests occurring throughout the nation, Taysom Hill began his response, “As someone who lived through the Equal Rights Amendment...”
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:43 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why not?

Brees is 41 years old and the Saints extended Taysom Hill this offseason.

They're not going to get a draft pick for Brees next season, so why not pick up an extra pick they can use in an effort to move up for one of the Big 3 in the 2021 draft?

It seems like a Win-Win for both franchises.
Teams don't typically back ass into HOF caliber QB's back to back the way the Packers did. I'd always take the bird in the hand.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:47 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Then explain to me, how I was beside myself with the kneeling.
You weren't. The likes of scuzzer have to hyperbolize the reaction in order to have even a semblance of a stance. Then they take it straight to racial resentment because they think that means they get to stop thinking and declare victory.

Most everyone who had problems with Kaep's protest was mostly about how muddled and poorly thought out it was, and they simply observed that it was muddled and poorly thought out.

I wish people would think about the consequences of their stances. When you demonstrate for dignity, what kind of message is it to say 'if you won't let me disavow the nation and it's flag, I guess the only other thing I can think of is looting and violence.' What does that say about your own self-esteem? The amount of effort you are willing to put into eloquence and leading by example?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:48 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Teams don't typically back ass into HOF caliber QB's back to back the way the Packers did. I'd always take the bird in the hand.
True, but the Saints are looking at a rebuild beginning next year because they're likely to lose Brees and/or Kamara.

If they trade Brees (which would be difficult because of the cap), they can afford Kamara and possibly be in a position to draft one of the top 3 QB's in next year's draft.

Regardless, they're looking at a lockeroom mess and there's no way they trade Michael Thomas.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 04:55 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The problem here is what Brees said came off as really tone deaf since the kneeling had jack shit to do with the flag or the military. He completely spun it into something it wasn't and that's what he's getting smacked around for by other athletes.
It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now
[Reply]
staylor26 05:02 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
It does when you do it during the anthem dumbass. Apparently you have to agree with how black people protest or they get butt hurt. This whole thing turned into a joke once the riots started. There are a lot of protestors out there doing it the right way but they are being overshadowed now
That’s the thing. This is on the messenger for having a method of protest that made no sense and completely changed the conversation.

Between the pig socks, the Castro shirt (and defense of him/it), AND the kneeling fiasco it’s pretty obvious that Kaep is disingenuous and a terrible messenger.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:03 PM 06-03-2020
Did he offer an alternative?

Is this really the message that needs to be sent right now? Why pick this battle, now of all times?
We agree 100% that Brees’s timing was absolutely terrible for the comment that he made. He has to understand how that particular comment is going to interpreted/received at this moment in time.

That said, I don’t see anything all that controversial about saying you disagree with someone’s method of protest. Just like it’s someone else’s right to protest within the confines of the law, it’s also your right to disagree with said protest.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:04 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
True, but the Saints are looking at a rebuild beginning next year because they're likely to lose Brees and/or Kamara.

If they trade Brees (which would be difficult because of the cap), they can afford Kamara and possibly be in a position to draft one of the top 3 QB's in next year's draft.

Regardless, they're looking at a lockeroom mess and there's no way they trade Michael Thomas.
Tough spot for sure. 12-1 odds to win the SB with Brees. Getting back to level isn't an easy task. I'd have to say they go back to the pack at 25-1 without him. Maybe I'm just jaded after reliving Krause break up the Bulls thinking a rebuild would be easy :-) Go for it while you can.
[Reply]
ILChief 05:06 PM 06-03-2020
I just hope this season isn’t all about anthem crap again. Not because I’m offended by it, but it was all anyone talked about a couple of years ago
[Reply]
ILChief 05:09 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Drew should take them on a tour of all the homes he’s built for the impoverished minorities down there, then show them a statement from his accountant regarding all of his charity contributions
Bill gates has spent billions helping impoverished people but he is responsible for the coronavirus according to half my Facebook friends
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up