ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Here is a tribute to the 'Mad Dog' hoping he is tapped for DOD
Chiefshrink 12:05 PM 11-24-2016
I think it is only fitting to repost this modern day General Patton speech in tribute to General Mike Mattis hoping he leads the DOD because he will not apologize for defending this country. And what a day to post this speech, Thanksgiving !!!!

Enjoy my conservative hawk brethren !!!!

[Reply]
listopencil 09:07 PM 12-01-2016

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:50 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm thinking that if we are allied with another nation via a mutual defense treaty, then we do have a responsibility to react to the aggressor. Other than that I agree with you.
I am against entangling alliances like that.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:05 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I am against entangling alliances like that.
Well, sure, that's reasonable. Unfortunately we are currently in one.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:54 PM 12-01-2016
I think that the repeated incorrect use of the term 'war' by government authorities over a period of decades is substantially more significant than the wording of a single post of mine on a sub forum in a message board.
I think you should look up the meaning of "term of art".
[Reply]
listopencil 12:01 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I think you should look up the meaning of "term of art".
I think the government should stop invoking the word 'war' to legitimize extreme behavior and pretend that they are engaged in a righteous cause.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:10 AM 12-02-2016
Well, sure, that's reasonable. Unfortunately we are currently in one.
So

If you mean Israel, we have no obligation to put our troops on Mid-East lands to fight their battles. Reagan was even against that after Beirut. It hasn't lessened terrorism and has made us less safe while destabliizing the ME around Israel as well as Europe and nearly threatened a war with Russia. So when an alliance creates a national security threat—that's where I draw the line. Tho' it wasn't Israel that put us into unnecessary wars in the Levant. It was our own doing. Pure insanity.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:10 AM 12-02-2016
I think the government should stop invoking the word 'war' to legitimize extreme behavior and pretend that they are engaged in a righteous cause.
Are you going to keep ignoring the realities of the English language, or are you going to stop talking out of your ass?

Your choice.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:23 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Coyote:
I have served with Jim many times. Most of us all him CHAOS. It is an acronym from back in DS in 1991- "Colonel Has Another Outstanding Suggestion." He is a dedicated "warrior monk." He flat knows his business but has his callsign suggests, he will be very engaged. Joe Dunford our current Chairman of the Joint Staff also knows Jim very well. That can be both good and bad of course but Joe was a Regimental Commander (Col) under Jim when Jim commanded 1st MARDIV back in 2003 and served around him many times. This is a bit different from most CJCS and SecDef relationships.
So you actually know him as "Jim", eh?

Damn man, been wishing you'd post more for years now... but this is a new level, please dont be a stranger

Insight like yours is a treasure, pitch in
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:31 AM 12-02-2016
A SecDef who actually know what war is about across its full spectrum... you wanna fight, you'll get all you want from Mattis

But at the same time he brings a philosophers perspective, and wont be so quick to commit our young people to bullshit causes unless he is ready to go all the way

Trump just slayed this choice, #MAGA
[Reply]
listopencil 12:39 AM 12-02-2016
Are you going to keep ignoring the realities of the English language, or are you going to stop talking out of your ass?

Your choice.
You started this with yet another of your dumbass seagull posts, so you can either accept what you know I mean or fuck off. Your choice.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 12:40 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
A SecDef who actually know what war is about across its full spectrum... you wanna fight, you'll get all you want from Mattis

But at the same time he brings a philosophers perspective, and wont be so quick to commit our young people to bullshit causes unless he is ready to go all the way

Trump just slayed this choice, #MAGA
This dude is getting thumbs up across the board
[Reply]
Pogue 12:47 AM 12-02-2016
Excellent choice. A total home run pick.

I turned on pmsnbc right after the announcement and they are having a conniption fit. "He can't do that! He can't pick someone that served in the military within 7 years!"
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:50 AM 12-02-2016
You started this with yet another of your dumbass seagull posts, so you can either accept what you know I mean or **** off. Your choice.
Again, it's a term of art. It's being used in an appropriate manner.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:25 AM 12-02-2016
Again, it's a term of art. It's being used in an appropriate manner.
You guys should really just bury this hatchet, its counter productive... two intelligent and well meaning guys quibbling over minor details

You're 90% on the same side but neither are seeing it, or dont want to see it amid this pissing contest... you and I had the same learning curve, JPB

This bickering is pointless

[Reply]
Coyote 08:20 AM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So you actually know him as "Jim", eh?

Damn man, been wishing you'd post more for years now... but this is a new level, please dont be a stranger

Insight like yours is a treasure, pitch in
I was probably a little too familiar on this forum by using “Jim.” Anticipate changes in structure if approved to become SECDEF. I don’t see him sticking past 2 years due to the friction in the bureaucracy will coalesce around him and he knows it. “I don’t get stressed-I cause it.” It requires more than just a “waiver” as some claim to appoint him as well..
The only other time the law was changed was for Marshall:
“It is hereby expressed as the intent of the Congress that the authority granted by this Act is not to be construed as approval by Congress of continuing appointments of military men to the office of Secretary of Defense in the future. It is hereby expressed as the sense of the Congress that after General Marshall leaves the office of Secretary of Defense, no additional appointments of military men to that office shall be approved.”
http://warontherocks.com/2016/11/tru...-the-pentagon/
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up