ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Here is a tribute to the 'Mad Dog' hoping he is tapped for DOD
Chiefshrink 12:05 PM 11-24-2016
I think it is only fitting to repost this modern day General Patton speech in tribute to General Mike Mattis hoping he leads the DOD because he will not apologize for defending this country. And what a day to post this speech, Thanksgiving !!!!

Enjoy my conservative hawk brethren !!!!

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:40 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You don't see the difference between our national government using an important term incorrectly and me making a flippant remark on a message board?
I think that, if you're going to bitch about something like the use of terms of art, you shouldn't be doing that same thing in the very post where you're bitching about it.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:51 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I think that, if you're going to bitch about something like the use of terms of art, you shouldn't be doing that same thing in the very post where you're bitching about it.
I think that the repeated incorrect use of the term 'war' by government authorities over a period of decades is substantially more significant than the wording of a single post of mine on a sub forum in a message board.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:52 PM 11-26-2016
I think that the repeated incorrect use of the term 'war' by government authorities over a period of decades is substantially more significant than the wording of a single post of mine on a sub forum in a message board.
Don't sell yourself short!
[Reply]
listopencil 02:54 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Don't sell yourself short!
True. I tend to forget how incredibly important my posts are. I should alert my followers.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:36 PM 11-26-2016
I didn't see this reply earlier. I am immediately suspicious of any self proclaimed 'hawk' who has never served in the military. Have you ever been responsible for the death of a fellow human being?
Oh, now I don't have the right to be a patriotic military hawk because I have never served ??? Seriously ??? I don't have the right of free opinion to compete and defend my country in thought/words in other arenas outside of the military ? Please.:-) War is hell no doubt but you assume waaaaay too much that every US soldier feels guilty for killing the enemy and every soldier suffers from PTSD as well. Trust me the majority don't feel guilty for killing and the majority don't suffer from PTSD. BUT more and more do as time goes on and not for the reasons you think. We now have 2 generations of youth in our country raised in PC on roids(America is not great), raised in broken families,raised in moral relativity which promotes and breeds more moral corruption, and raised in a country that negates God. These are the big reasons our culture and especially the last 2 generations of youth are SOFT and why PTSD flourishes even more in the military than it did decades ago when it was called "shell shocked". Vietnam was the first war where guilt was imposed by people of the Left and Leftist media of this nation as well as our Leftist dominated culture on to our own soldiers and has progressively gotten worse since and why the Left hates the military. To Easy 6's point, the Left refuses to accept and embrace "The Law of the Jungle". Times and people are no different than 5000yrs ago, only the technology to make war is different. Everything else is still the same.

As the ol saying goes "Freedom ain't free". But the Left continues think Freedom is free and there shouldn't be a cost therefore there shouldn't be any war because "well see what it does to our youth!!! I contend PC and the negating of God in our country will have done far more harm to our youth than war ever will. You can take that to the bank !!

Bottom line: The Left will always feel guilty for defending our nation and the Right will never feel guilty for the freedom it defends for "We The People".
[Reply]
listopencil 04:45 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Oh, now I don't have the right to be a patriotic military hawk because I have never served ??? Seriously ??? I don't have the right of free opinion to compete and defend my country in thought/words in other arenas outside of the military ? Please.:-) War is hell no doubt but you assume waaaaay too much that every US soldier feels guilty for killing the enemy and every soldier suffers from PTSD as well. Trust me the majority don't feel guilty for killing and the majority don't suffer from PTSD. BUT more and more do as time goes on and not for the reasons you think. We now have 2 generations of youth in our country raised in PC on roids(America is not great), raised in broken families,raised in moral relativity which promotes and breeds more moral corruption, and raised in a country that negates God. These are the big reasons our culture and especially the last 2 generations of youth are SOFT and why PTSD flourishes even more in the military than it did decades ago when it was called "shell shocked". Vietnam was the first war where guilt was imposed by people of the Left and Leftist media of this nation as well as our Leftist dominated culture on to our own soldiers and has progressively gotten worse since and why the Left hates the military. To Easy 6's point, the Left refuses to accept and embrace "The Law of the Jungle". Times and people are no different than 5000yrs ago, only the technology to make war is different. Everything else is still the same.

As the ol saying goes "Freedom ain't free". But the Left continues think Freedom is free and there shouldn't be a cost therefore there shouldn't be any war because "well see what it does to our youth!!! I contend PC and the negating of God in our country will have done far more harm to our youth than war ever will. You can take that to the bank !!

Bottom line: The Left will always feel guilty for defending our nation and the Right will never feel guilty for the freedom it defends for "We The People".
I'm not the one making assumptions here. You are, and you've made quite a few. If you're so gung ho: Get up off of your ass, pick up a gun, go fly over there, and start killing people. No one will stop you. It's actually quite a mess right now and there's a good chance you won't even be noticed. As I said I am suspicious of any self proclaimed 'hawk' who has not served in the military. Because just about every one I have ever come across is a chickenhawk.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:55 PM 11-26-2016
I'm not the one making assumptions here.
Yes you are. Knockin on Heaven's door doesn't defend a country listo, but I get you are sold out to that pacifist "Bob Dylan" ideology.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:59 PM 11-26-2016
Yes you are. Knockin on Heaven's door doesn't defend a country listo, but I get you are sold out to that pacifist "Bob Dylan" ideology.
And you're making assumptions again. You've created an entire argument inside of your own head with little to no input from me. So, like I said, get up off of your ass, pick up a gun, and go start killing people.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:06 PM 11-26-2016
Because just about every one I have ever come across is a chickenhawk.
So how did you know they were chickenhawks if they didn't serve ? I mean if they never were in battle how would you know if they were cowards or not ?? In your eyes, I have to go actually sign up and kill our enemy to prove I am not a chickenhawk? Or is it you just don't like people getting fired up to defend our country ?
[Reply]
listopencil 05:14 PM 11-26-2016
So how did you know they were chickenhawks if they didn't serve ? I mean if they never were in battle how would you know if they were cowards or not ?? In your eyes, I have to go actually sign up and kill our enemy to prove I am not a chickenhawk? Or is it you just don't like people getting fired up to defend our country ?
Do you not know what a chickenhawk is?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:25 PM 11-26-2016
Apparently you are defining it differently than I am.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:30 PM 11-26-2016
Apparently you are defining it differently than I am.
Perhaps you should Google it.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:31 PM 11-26-2016
An offensive slur?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:53 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
An offensive slur?
Pretty much. Cowards. Being a country boy the chicken hawk doesn't actually exist.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:53 PM 11-26-2016
Putting someone into a modern war is one of the worst things you can do to another human being.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up