ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Here is a tribute to the 'Mad Dog' hoping he is tapped for DOD
Chiefshrink 12:05 PM 11-24-2016
I think it is only fitting to repost this modern day General Patton speech in tribute to General Mike Mattis hoping he leads the DOD because he will not apologize for defending this country. And what a day to post this speech, Thanksgiving !!!!

Enjoy my conservative hawk brethren !!!!


[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:44 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That's more like it, although when talking about our enemies I would never characterize it as a right to hit back. No one has that right.
The US was the aggressor in this conflict with the rebels who posed no national security threat whatsoever to the US. The Saudi's got us to drone bomb the rebels as a proxy for them. The rebels have every right to hit back at the aggressors.

Remember, the US is not always in the right. It is just too bad the military often has to pay the price for the politicians cupidity.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:04 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The US was the aggressor in this conflict with the rebels who posed no national security threat whatsoever to the US. The Saudi's got us to drone bomb the rebels as a proxy for them. The rebels have every right to hit back at the aggressors.

Remember, the US is not always in the right. It is just too bad the military often has to pay the price for the politicians cupidity.
The entire world is the enemy or a threat to Pat and the NeoCons when our media and govt claims someone is. Even when one of them like Saudi Arabia funds ISIS with the knowledge of our CIA. Iran is the next Hitler. He thinks there's no bad guys inside the US government, despite railing against that same govt on domestic issues—unless it's a Republican administration. It's like the entire right's reasoning goes into suspended animation when it comes to military issues. They don't observe how similar our FP is, whether D or R in power. I said similar—not identical.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:08 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The US was the aggressor in this conflict with the rebels who posed no national security threat whatsoever to the US. The Saudi's got us to drone bomb the rebels as a proxy for them. The rebels have every right to hit back at the aggressors.

Remember, the US is not always in the right. It is just too bad the military often has to pay the price for the politicians cupidity.
I don't see any virtue in being a neutral observer in this type of thing. No foreign power/group has a right to kill Americans, IMO.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:10 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The entire world is the enemy or a threat to Pat and the NeoCons when our media and govt claims someone is. Even when one of them like Saudi Arabia funds ISIS with the knowledge of our CIA. Iran is the next Hitler. He thinks there's no bad guys inside the US government, despite railing against that same govt on domestic issues—unless it's a Republican administration. It's like the entire right's reasoning goes into suspended animation when it comes to military issues. They don't observe how similar our FP is, whether D or R in power. I said similar—not identical.
The whole world has been harmed by the US and has a right to kill US citizens to BEP.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:11 AM 11-26-2016
When the topic switches to war and military patteeu comes alive.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:06 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I don't see any virtue in being a neutral observer in this type of thing. No foreign power/group has a right to kill Americans, IMO.
The value of being a neutral observer is to not stick your hand into the hornets nest. See the last 60 years of our actions in the Middle East and the 2nd and 3rd order consequences thereof.

Your second sentence is complete delusion. The US when it drone bombed the Yemeni rebels it committed an act of war and a Casus Belli. Under the Geneva Convention the rebels have every right to attack US military personal and assets. You don't like it? Stop mucking around in proxy wars for the Saudi's or any other country.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:09 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The value of being a neutral observer is to not stick your hand into the hornets nest. See the last 60 years of our actions in the Middle East and the 2nd and 3rd order consequences thereof.

Your second sentence is complete delusion. The US when it drone bombed the Yemeni rebels it committed an act of war and a Casus Belli. Under the Geneva Convention the rebels have every right to attack US military personal and assets. You don't like it? Stop mucking around in proxy wars for the Saudi's or any other country.
We're talking past each other so we should agree to disagree.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:23 AM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
When this happens, try to paste the url into what Chrome calls an incognito window. Safari calls it private browsing, I think.
Thanks. I did find a way around it using an alternative browser.


Originally Posted by Fairplay:
Hmmm

http://www.businessinsider.com/iran-...an-gulf-2016-9

Hmmmmmmm, what? Your link didn't provide any examples of Iran attacking any US NAVY ships.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:32 PM 11-26-2016
Patton and McArthur are just rightwing whackos now !! :-)

Didn't realize just how much discussion George C. Scott could provide:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 01:59 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Patton and McArthur are just rightwing whackos now !! :-)

Didn't realize just how much discussion George C. Scott could provide:-)
Meh. I just really dislike it when people keep bullshitting us by using the term 'war', throwing up a bunch of flags and WWII references, and then implying that resistance to that bullshit is somehow unpatriotic. What's unpatriotic is likening the sacrifices made by that generation to the propaganda that has been used ever since American citizens, apparently, forgot what 'war' really is. War on poverty. War on drugs. War on terror. How about a universal war on bullshit propaganda and we end this modern McCarthyism?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:14 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Meh. I just really dislike it when people keep bullshitting us by using the term 'war', throwing up a bunch of flags and WWII references, and then implying that resistance to that bullshit is somehow unpatriotic. What's unpatriotic is likening the sacrifices made by that generation to the propaganda that has been used ever since American citizens, apparently, forgot what 'war' really is. War on poverty. War on drugs. War on terror. How about a universal war on bullshit propaganda and we end this modern McCarthyism?
So messing with the term "war" is bad, but it's ok to mess with the term "McCarthyism"?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:14 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Patton and McArthur are just rightwing whackos now !! :-)

Didn't realize just how much discussion George C. Scott could provide:-)
Patton was incredibly racist and got a lot of men killed trying to rescue his son-in-law.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:15 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
No. And why do you ask?
I didn't see this reply earlier. I am immediately suspicious of any self proclaimed 'hawk' who has never served in the military. Have you ever been responsible for the death of a fellow human being?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:15 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Patton was incredibly racist and got a lot of men killed trying to rescue his son-in-law.
Explain why he was a racist.

I mean I know you're a millennial and that generation likes to throw that word around on anyone who disagrees with them.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:20 PM 11-26-2016
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
So messing with the term "war" is bad, but it's ok to mess with the term "McCarthyism"?
You don't see the difference between our national government using an important term incorrectly and me making a flippant remark on a message board?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up