ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 190 of 203
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
The Lounge>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.


Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?



Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:20 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Wow. I can get a pistol same day here
Welcome to Lovely Illinois!

Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Did you buy any military grade buckshot?
Wal-Mart usually has it in 5 rounds for 5 bucks.
It patters nice.
Definitely buying a bunch of ammo when I go pay for it, 00 and slugs... any brand names to look out for?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:33 PM 06-02-2020
Not really. Wal mart here has the military grade buckshot.
Some slugs are meant for rifled barrels and some slugs for smooth. IIRC?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:52 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but thatís just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now

My Brother - If you can't take care of the "problem" with a .45 and a 12 gauge - RUN!!


:-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:54 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Welcome to Lovely Illinois!



Definitely buying a bunch of ammo when I go pay for it, 00 and slugs... any brand names to look out for?

Most of all the brand names - Winchester, Federal, etc will do you good. For whatever it's worth, Maybe this will help.....


https://www.ammoman.com/12-gauge
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:05 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Not really. Wal mart here has the military grade buckshot.
Some slugs are meant for rifled barrels and some slugs for smooth. IIRC?
I’ll be sure to ask this guy about milspec

This ones a smooth bore, but he did say it took slugs

Here’s my thing, while I’ve shot different pals various guns from a 16 gauge bird gun to an SKS, 90% of my firearm experience is the M16 so there’s a lot I don’t know about all of this

Only firearm I’ve ever even owned is this Springfield 45

*puffs chest out* but only once in four years did I fail to qualify as an Army Expert shooter... so I at least know the basics of shooting :-)



Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
My Brother - If you can't take care of the "problem" with a .45 and a 12 gauge - RUN!!


:-)
Heh yeah usually true, but it’s nice to have the ability to reach out and touch someone at greater ranges... I’ll get that AK eventually
[Reply]
BDj23 09:48 AM 06-03-2020
Just picked up 500 rds of 7.62x39 from Sgammo and some Croatian AK mags.

I was totally unaware that my local Walmart kucked itself on ammo sells. NO pistol ammo at all? They only had .22lr and shotgun shells. Looks like all my ammo purchases are going online.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:01 PM 06-05-2020
Brought this Mossberg home today, along with a 25 pack of Winchester cheapo field loads, a 15 pack of Federal 00 and slugs apiece

Sheís a purty gal, sheís simple but beautiful... yet Iím already wanting to shorten that barrel for home defense, old girl is kinda meaty in this version
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:38 AM 06-06-2020
Here ya go. 18.5 inch
https://www.opticsplanet.com/mossber...n-barrels.html
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:43 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Just picked up 500 rds of 7.62x39 from Sgammo and some Croatian AK mags.

I was totally unaware that my local Walmart kucked itself on ammo sells. NO pistol ammo at all? They only had .22lr and shotgun shells. Looks like all my ammo purchases are going online.
Back in 1991. I walked into Sole's pawnshop here in Omaha and for 150 bucks i walked out with a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 and a new unissued 1954 Russian Tula SKS. Man them were the days.
[Reply]
BDj23 10:06 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Back in 1991. I walked into Sole's pawnshop here in Omaha and for 150 bucks i walked out with a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 and a new unissued 1954 Russian Tula SKS. Man them were the days.
My dad gifted me the Norinco he got at a gun show for about $120 back in the mid 90s. It even came with some china sport ammo that's long been banned in the united states.
[Reply]
2112 08:11 AM 06-07-2020
Iím about to pull the trigger on a mossberg 590 shockwave for home defense. And retire the browning A-5 to collectorís item status.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 06:57 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
Iím about to pull the trigger on a mossberg 590 shockwave for home defense. And retire the browning A-5 to collectorís item status.
Have you had the opportunity to shoot a 10mm yet?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:30 PM 06-08-2020
Holy shit. I swear I could see Bwana, MOhillbilly as the gun/truck owner in this video.


[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:06 PM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Holy shit. I swear I could see Bwana, MOhillbilly as the gun/truck owner in this video.




That's some funny shit right there......... :-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:11 AM 06-09-2020
I actually did something i dont normally do.
I went to Cabelas. They had a German MG-34 for sale and I got to hold and fiddle with it for a few seconds.
[Reply]
Page 190 of 203
« First < 90140180186187188189190 191192193194200 > Last »
Up