ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1013 of 1018
« First < 13513913963100310091010101110121013 1014101510161017 > Last »
The Lounge>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:23 PM 06-01-2020
Been awhile. Homemade pizza. Spicy Italian sausage, sopressetta, onions, roasted tomatoes, red peppers, rough-chopped garlic, mushrooms, homemade marinara sauce. Mozz, provelone and asiago cheeses. Little chopped basil thrown over the top.

[Reply]
Sorry 11:28 AM 06-02-2020
Thanks fellas for always adding some knowledge, really helps my kitchen game and my wife and I enjoy getting better.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:33 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Been awhile. Homemade pizza. Spicy Italian sausage, sopressetta, onions, roasted tomatoes, red peppers, rough-chopped garlic, mushrooms, homemade marinara sauce. Mozz, provelone and asiago cheeses. Little chopped basil thrown over the top.
Home made crust? that thing looks perfectly round.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:13 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Home made crust? that thing looks perfectly round.
I cheated on the crust. This was a spontaneous attempt, so didn't have everything I needed to make a crust and not enough time to go get the stuff, so I bought a crust (can't remember the name of the company right now, but not Boboli. Mama Mia's or something?). The sauce and all the toppings I did myself, even used the basil grown in the backyard as well as the tomatoes for the sauce, and roasted a couple.

It's not hard to make a round rust though. Buy a rimmed pizza pan (same ones I used to use when I worked at Mazzio's/Pizza Hut), lay dough over pan, use roller to cut off excess, take another rimmed pan brush bottom of pan lightly with EVOO (very lightly) and place over dough until ready for toppings, about 15 minutes. Dough forms perfectly round in pan.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:38 PM 06-02-2020




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:04 PM 06-02-2020
Night of the Living Sauce is a favorite. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:13 PM 06-04-2020
Starting down my instapot journey. Open face pepperoncini beef.


[Reply]
Sorce 06:28 PM 06-04-2020
Chicken ramen tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:33 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Chicken ramen tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Nice job. Looks really good. Recipe?
[Reply]
Sorce 06:41 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nice job. Looks really good. Recipe?
The sauce was 4 cups chicken broth, 1/4 soy sauce, 1/4 cup mirin, several garlic cloves and ginger. Boil for about 20 mins and remove garlic and ginger. Add shiitake mushrooms boil another 5.

Just used cheap ramen packs and tossed the seasoning.

The chicken was marinated in ponzu and lime juice with garlic.

The eggs were soft boiled and marinated for a few hours in mirin and soy sauce.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:44 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
The sauce was 4 cups chicken broth, 1/4 soy sauce, 1/4 cup mirin, several garlic cloves and ginger. Boil for about 20 mins and remove garlic and ginger. Add shiitake mushrooms boil another 5.

Just used cheap ramen packs and tossed the seasoning.

The chicken was marinated in ponzu and lime juice with garlic.

The eggs were soft boiled and marinated for a few hours in mirin and soy sauce.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Will have to try this. Looks great.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:12 PM 06-04-2020
We did bar food. For me that was olives. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 08:25 PM 06-05-2020
Made a little celebratory dinner for a new job I'm starting on the 15th. Heading off for a little family vacay next week and then it's back to the real world.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:13 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Made a little celebratory dinner for a new job I'm starting on the 15th. Heading off for a little family vacay next week and then it's back to the real world.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you munch down the filet off the porterhouse before you took the pic?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:17 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Did you munch down the filet off the porterhouse before you took the pic?
That was sold as a bone in strip at my local Hyvee. $15/lb. Didn't have a porterhouse and the T-bones were $20/lb and cut thin as hell. Meat case didn't have the same shine to it as usual in these COVID times and I didn't want to go into Costco for the good stuff. So that's what I got. Pretty much the only steak in the case regardless of cut that wasn't cut down to 1/2" or 3/4".
[Reply]
Page 1013 of 1018
« First < 13513913963100310091010101110121013 1014101510161017 > Last »
Up