ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Jason Whitlock out at FS1
Deberg_1990 03:48 PM 06-01-2020
Come speak to us JWhit!

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/j...k-leaving-fs1/

Jason Whitlock has left FS1’s Speak for Yourself, Outkick has learned. Whitlock’s contract expired this past Sunday and the two sides were unable to reach an agreement. Fox Sports PR and Whitlock were not immediately available for comment.

Outkick became aware that something might be up when we noticed that Whitlock was not on today, not in the guide for the show in the next two weeks, and had been removed from the SFY Twitter avatar.

Whitlock joined FS1 in 2016. At the outset, he co-hosted SFY with Colin Cowherd, before a stint where he was the solo host. Marcellus Wiley joined the program as new co-host in 2018. Before the pandemic hit, the show had been garnering viewership momentum.

Media news @Outkick with @sportsrapport: Jason Whitlock has left FS1. https://t.co/Ob2gn2Mnf8

— Bobby Burack (@burackbobby_) June 1, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:18 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Posnaski was a great sports writer, but I don't think he was all that great as an on-air personality.
The dude definitely has a face for radio
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:13 PM 06-04-2020
His act got tired a long time ago. He used to criticize Kobe to the point where IMO he made it personal and now he does the same to Lebron. He seems to be shamelessly stepping and fetching for a FNC gig.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:19 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
His act got tired a long time ago. He used to criticize Kobe to the point where IMO he made it personal and now he does the same to Lebron. He seems to be shamelessly stepping and fetching for a FNC gig.
This is 100% true and his shameless and kinda scummy act after Kobe's death when he tried to pretend that all of that never happened was shameful. SNR is right. Jwhit if you're reading this: no one likes you and the general reaction to you losing your gig at Fox was laughter. No one is gonna pay to see you do anything.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:49 PM 06-15-2020

I'm thrilled to welcome @WhitlockJason as a new partner @outkick. Big things ahead. No doubt about it at all, we are now the most fearless site in sports media: https://t.co/NM3Dhf7lW4

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) June 15, 2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:55 PM 06-15-2020
Clay Travis's show for most of the spring was funneling Fox news "sources" trying to minimize the threat and/or reality of Covid. If I remember right, he's a former lawyer, and he doesn't take a lot of calls, because he loves to hear himself talk. I did listen for a while, because there just aren't many options at 4 am, but he finally wore me down and I quit tuning in.

Adding Whitlock to that sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen. And not in an entertaining way.
[Reply]
Cheater5 09:19 PM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Clay Travis's show for most of the spring was funneling Fox news "sources" trying to minimize the threat and/or reality of Covid. If I remember right, he's a former lawyer, and he doesn't take a lot of calls, because he loves to hear himself talk. I did listen for a while, because there just aren't many options at 4 am, but he finally wore me down and I quit tuning in.

Adding Whitlock to that sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen. And not in an entertaining way.

Clay Travis is an acquired taste, that’s for sure. I used to be incredibly annoyed by his nasally voice, and he often resorted to over the top hyperbolic takes just to provoke fake controversy (like a majority of these goons)...but he’s several echelons better than Golic and Wingo on ESPN. I cannot stomach that show anymore.

Hell, I enjoy Ben Maller (who doesn’t take himself too seriously at all) but he’s buried on the graveyard shift at FS1.

I did listen to Whitlock this morning for a few minutes on Outkick the Coverage, and he had one of his lucid and on-point takes regarding Kaepernick, the anthem protests, and the BLM movement.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:29 PM 06-15-2020
So he left TV to be on a podcast internet radio site?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:31 PM 06-15-2020
Clay Travis is one of the top 4 sports radio guys. Pretty much has the same opinions that most Southern and Midwest sports fans share on a variety of topics.
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:38 PM 06-18-2020
I noticed today that instead of speak for yourself fs1 had 2 hours of reruns from the morning undisputed

guide shows the same tomorrow

that show might be no more

it needs whitlock
[Reply]
Monkey God 10:03 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I noticed today that instead of speak for yourself fs1 had 2 hours of reruns from the morning undisputed

guide shows the same tomorrow

that show might be no more

it needs whitlock
I think Emmanuel Acho starts Monday, or a week from Monday. They may be taking time off to work on the flow with a new co-host. Dress rehearsals if you will.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:42 PM 06-18-2020
Wow, great news- Fatlock has another media platform to pick against the Chiefs every week.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:51 PM 06-18-2020
need to cut him a break
"protesters" burned down his favorite 24 hr all you can eat buffet joint in LA LA Land
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:09 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Wow, great news- Fatlock has another media platform to pick against the Chiefs every week.

I always thought there was a :Fatlock: smilie in the Smilies but I guess there isn't but there should be.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 AM 06-19-2020
FS1 going full ESPN talking heads arguing.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up