6 7 4.79%
8 3 2.05%
10 9 6.16%
Yes but Mahomes is exempt 9 6.16%
I am gay 1 0.68%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Do athlete salaries bother you?
Prison Bitch 10:54 AM 05-28-2020
We all know it’s a free market. Capitalism y’all. But fo real, does it bother you at all?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:12 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Out of curiosity; where’s the thread about beef prices? Among other produce.. They go up and down through the years.... AND in a capitalist market.....

Oh ok; did any bull breeding capitalist pigs make some beef available that looked and tasted better than other beef?

Oh yeah..... they have marketed that.

Soooo. Some beef sides are worth more than other beef sides?

Well; Mahomes is the newest replacement to corn feed beef and then Kobe beef, You pay more to get more.....

I just can only watch in some ways; as the prices go up and up and up. I’ve never had Kobe beef. Never even seen it.

Yup, capitalism is great, and in a way, it’s made America great. But with the price of some things going up and up, I do not look forward to the idea - I might not be able to afford Kobe beef.

We’re not that close to that scenario yet though, right? So go get all you can, before it is that scenario.....
I applaud you for choosing a handle that so accurately represents this post.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 01:30 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ:
I'm not bothered as long as they tithe.
Hello Jesus. Why did you wait until now to come back? Is something bad about to happen?
[Reply]
Jesus Christ 06:57 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Hello Jesus. Why did you wait until now to come back? Is something bad about to happen?
:-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:27 PM 06-02-2020
Nope. Make as much as you can while you can. Nothing wrong with that, and it's really none of my business discussing someone else's financials.

Only time I may have some issue related to pro athlete's salary is when they complain.

I don't wanna hear that shit. Same with politics. They're a form of entertainment., nothing more. That's why unless I personally know the guy, I don't have any ounce of emotional attachment to any pro athlete.

Some people make it this big ****in thing when an athlete dies, most recently Kobe Bryant. I have a friend who literally almost started crying when he heard the news and confirmed said news was legit/real. (At first we didn't know if news was real because the Twitter handle posting it was not heard of before). Certainly a sad story for sure, and I felt bad for the family, the daughter etc. But I'll be honest I was tired of hearing about it by the end of the next day or so, and after that decided not to turn the TV onto sports for a couple/few wks.

Personally I don't care much about these guy's personal lives/what they do off the field, what kind of trouble they get into, what they buy etc. Not any of my biz.

Just play, get paid, entertain and stfu.
[Reply]
RustShack 04:59 PM 06-03-2020
I haven’t read much of this thread.

Does what they get paid bother me? No

Do I think they are over paid? Yes

Would I rather the money go to the owners? No

I think the biggest problem is what we are charged for cable/dish/tickets and so on.

Do I pay it? Yes
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:23 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I think the biggest problem is what we are charged for cable/dish/tickets and so on.
Nope.

Athletes are paid handsomely due to the league's TV contracts. More viewers equal more advertising dollars which in turn lead to larger Broadcast Rights fees.

If the NFL, NBA or MLB were less popular, thus less eyeballs on their broadcasts, the athletes would be paid far less, like those in the MLS.

But the NFL remains the TV Ratings king and there are no other programs that have the kind of reach that the NFL has each and every year, and look no further than the 2019 NFL season, which had 41 of the top 50 rated broadcasts.

There's no one to "blame" for athlete's salary other than the fans themselves. Outside of the 16 games aired on ESPN, all of the other 240 regular season games are broadcast on Free Over-The-Air networks, not including the playoffs and Super Bowl, which are also aired on Free TV.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:36 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Nope.

Athletes are paid handsomely due to the league's TV contracts. More viewers equal more advertising dollars which in turn lead to larger Broadcast Rights fees.

If the NFL, NBA or MLB were less popular, thus less eyeballs on their broadcasts, the athletes would be paid far less, like those in the MLS.

But the NFL remains the TV Ratings king and there are no other programs that have the kind of reach that the NFL has each and every year, and look no further than the 2019 NFL season, which had 41 of the top 50 rated broadcasts.

There's no one to "blame" for athlete's salary other than the fans themselves. Outside of the 16 games aired on ESPN, all of the other 240 regular season games are broadcast on Free Over-The-Air networks, not including the playoffs and Super Bowl, which are also aired on Free TV.
That was my point... we are over charged all around. I’m not complaining and I obviously pay it like everyone else. Just answering the question. It doesn’t bother me what they are paid, just stating the fact the owners, cable companies, And businesses who pay for advertising and so on make more than they should off of us. It is what it is and won’t change, so I’m glad the athletes are getting a bigger chunk rather than all of it going to the owners.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:09 PM 06-03-2020
That was my point... we are over charged all around. I’m not complaining and I obviously pay it like everyone else. Just answering the question. It doesn’t bother me what they are paid, just stating the fact the owners, cable companies, And businesses who pay for advertising and so on make more than they should off of us. It is what it is and won’t change, so I’m glad the athletes are getting a bigger chunk rather than all of it going to the owners.
Dude, what the fuck? You don’t NEED cable in order to watch NFL games.

If a game is on ESPN but in your team’s viewing area, you can watch it for free.

You’re just totally missing the point.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:16 PM 06-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, what the fuck? You don’t NEED cable in order to watch NFL games.

If a game is on ESPN but in your team’s viewing area, you can watch it for free.

You’re just totally missing the point.
I think you’re missing the point. You’re too focused on the cable part. And it’s not really even that big of a deal to me, just more pointing out why they are paid what they are paid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:50 PM 06-03-2020
I think you’re missing the point. You’re too focused on the cable part. And it’s not really even that big of a deal to me, just more pointing out why they are paid what they are paid.
No, you're NOT pointing out how they're paid. You're missing the point in its entirety.

That said, have a great night!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up