ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
Mav 12:54 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's clear that Alex was a positive influence on Patrick. I'm not sure why you care so much about how people characterize the magnitude.

Because he’s a dumbass who wants no credit given to anyone except Mahomes. Like Mahomes was a finished project without the help of Alex Nagy and Reid. You can’t fix stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:05 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Holy shit I CANNOT believe it, Mortensen just said Smith IS attempting a comeback with the Skins and that Rivera is all for it :-)
I thought he should have retired after his last season in kc. After that mid-season concussion. But it worked out for us. Kendall Fuller and I think nnadi (?). We got a nice haul out of it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:59 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Holy shit I CANNOT believe it, Mortensen just said Smith IS attempting a comeback with the Skins and that Rivera is all for it :-)
Well, it's kinda like when Priest hurt his neck and came back in 2007. He had to get activated off the PUP and take a snap in a regular season game in order to fulfill his contract and keep all his benefits etc.

I suspect it's something along those lines with Alex. He can't announce his retirement right now. But he can after next year.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:00 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I thought he should have retired after his last season in kc. After that mid-season concussion. But it worked out for us. Kendall Fuller and I think nnadi (?). We got a nice haul out of it.
And he got phat paid in the process...
[Reply]
lewdog 02:17 PM 02-02-2020
His wife is smoking hot.

Stay home and play with her everyday. Leave this silly game of football behind.
[Reply]
penchief 04:00 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Agreed.

Even Mahomes Dad had talked about how much Smitty helped Mahomes. Mahomes came into a great situation here in KC w Reid, Smitty and all the weapons we have. I don't understand why this is so hard for some ppl to admit.
Here we go with that "Smitty" bullshit again. Nobody calls him Smitty but you. His name is Alex. It's true that Alex was a huge asset to Pat and no doubt accelerated his understanding of what it takes to prepare for being a QB in the NFL. There was probably nobody better equipped to teach those things to Pat.

And major props to Smith for being so willing to mentor Pat, knowing that he was going to replace him. There are very few, if any, who would have been so willing. For that alone, Alex deserves the utmost respect as a human being and as a chief. On the field, Alex will always be appreciated for what he did In KC. He and Reid are probably the two individuals most responsible for restoring respectability to the franchise.

That said, some of those who want to give Alex a great deal of credit for Pat's success take it a little too far, IMO. Mahomes has always been a football savant and would have reached this level of success, with or without Alex. If you want to say that he contributed to the synergy that accelerated Pat's learning curve, which resulted in a break out MVP year, I can agree with that 100%.

I respect Alex Smith as much as anyone. And he deserves his place in Chiefs lore for his very important contributions. But it is the fanboys who came here to tell us over and over again how underrated and under appreciated he was that drove half the board to hate him. So if you want to have an honest conversation about what Alex Smith meant to the Chiefs turnaround, I'm right there with you. If you want to talk about what a great guy he is, I'm on board. But if you want to hang off Smitty's nuts because you're obsessed with the guy, that's where you lose me.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:08 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Mav:
Because he’s a dumbass who wants no credit given to anyone except Mahomes. Like Mahomes was a finished project without the help of Alex Nagy and Reid. You can’t fix stupid.

Go the fuck away, Snoopy, and never come back.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:09 PM 02-02-2020
Alex didnt fuck it up. So there is that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:09 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
YIP
[Reply]
Sorry 04:27 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by milkshock:
Bingo.

The only ‘mentoring’ that went on in Alex last season was Mahomes showing Smith the value of the deep ball - which is why Smith had a career year.
You have zero clue on wtf youre talking about.
[Reply]
JimNasium 04:29 PM 02-02-2020
Can a mod get this shit off of the front page of the Lounge. This is a cross contamination risk.
[Reply]
Mav 07:12 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Who the hell are you? Oh I remember, you’re that miserable twatwaffle. Don’t like what I have to say block me or move on. Gfy.

[Reply]
tk13 05:51 PM 07-24-2020

I had a conversation with Alex Smith today and, well, I hope you’ll read this:

Washington QB Alex Smith cleared for full football activity after broken leg https://t.co/Lpn9zH27Cg

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) July 24, 2020

[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:03 PM 07-24-2020
Really hope he doesn't play, not because I don't like the guy, but it would be heartbreaking if he injured that same leg and it was injured beyond saving.

I'm amazed he's come this far.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 06:06 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:

This would be the Greatest Comeback Ever in Sports. If it doesn't work out, I'd take him as a Offensive Coach.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up