ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 324
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:52 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Right or wrong....Andy’s legacy is riding on this hire.
I agree. This was the most important coaching hire of his career.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:55 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We were in the ****ing redzone with just over 2 minutes left. You cannot possibly be so obtuse as to suggest clock could not have been run here, forcing timeouts out of NE and burning the 2 min warning before scoring the go ahead td. Intelligent coaches do not leave time for the other team, and certainly not over 2 min with 4 time stoppages and going against the worst d on the planet.
Not sure why this concept is so difficult to grasp. We did the same thing when we played NE in the regular season.

And something that has not been discussed enough was Reid calling that first half TO with Brady having a 3rd and 4. We lost at least 4 points and very likely 7. They seemed content amazingly enough to go into the half up 7-0.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:56 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Right or wrong....Andy’s legacy is riding on this hire.
Well...probably. Not necessarily.

Our window could be open for 15 years or more.

If Spagnuolo fails to field a respectable defense and Reid moves on quickly, then that next DC hire will be more important as his time in coaching will be nearing the end.

He just can't let it linger for 6 years or something if it's not working. He'll need to move on quickly.

But I think it's going to be fine, and Spags will do a decent job, and we're going to win a SB or two in the next few years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:57 AM 01-27-2019
But if things don't work out with Spagnuolo, he'll probably get another chance with yet another DC.

Or what Meck said
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:58 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
Not sure why this concept is so difficult to grasp. We did the same thing when we played NE in the regular season.

And something that has not been discussed enough was Reid calling that first half TO with Brady having a 3rd and 4.

Given Belicheck and Brady obviously having their way with Sutton's defense, it is definitely not certain KC would have made a stop..

However, Reid's timeout on that drive was probably the worst tactical decision he made in 2018 since it stopped the clock and gave the Pats almost 60 extra seconds to work with.
[Reply]
O.city 12:05 PM 01-27-2019
I do think they’d have been better off had Watkins fallen down at the 5 instead of the 1.

Could have ran some clock and used the pats timeoits
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Given Belicheck and Brady obviously having their way with Sutton's defense, it is definitely not certain KC would have made a stop..

However, Reid's timeout on that drive was probably the worst tactical decision he made in 2018 since it stopped the clock and gave the Pats almost 60 extra seconds to work with.
You’ve gotta try and get your offense the ball back there. If you get a stop and go score you can double up around halftime

Defense didn’t get the stop thouhh
[Reply]
RunKC 12:09 PM 01-27-2019
Just a hunch, but I think this is going to be a very interesting offseason. I foresee a lot of movement and interesting decisions being made.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:24 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
But if things don't work out with Spagnuolo, he'll probably get another chance with yet another DC.

Or what Meck said
Reid and Mahomes are tied at the hip and that's something we're just going to have to deal with. That said, I don't think that's a bad thing. You have to remember, the dynamic between a QB of Mahome's caliber and a head coach, even a stubborn one like Reid, is going to develop and change over time. This relationship is YOUNG. We only see absolutes because the kid is such a natural and it already feels like he's been here longer than he actually has.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:41 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You’ve gotta try and get your offense the ball back there. If you get a stop and go score you can double up around halftime

Defense didn’t get the stop thouhh
What chance honestly at the time did you give us to stop Brady on 3rd and 4. 10 percent would be generous. Bad TO when you are not the Ravens D.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just a hunch, but I think this is going to be a very interesting offseason. I foresee a lot of movement and interesting decisions being made.
I think I agree w/ that feel.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:03 PM 01-27-2019
honestly,

I have a hunch that they're going to cut bait on ALL of the big 3 on defense. Houston, Berry, and tag and trade Ford.
(before anyone yells about not being able to cut Berry, nobody's been able to clarify if a non-football injury, which this would be would prohibit cutting him.)

I have a hunch that maybe they might want to give Spags a clean lockerroom, no distractions. Sign a couple veterans that he likes to fill holes, draft heavy on defense again and go at it.

I don't want to hear about 'but the passrush' because Ford is one dimensional and not worth the money he'll get, Houston is injured half the time, and Berry all the time.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:07 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
honestly,

I have a hunch that they're going to cut bait on ALL of the big 3 on defense. Houston, Berry, and tag and trade Ford.
(before anyone yells about not being able to cut Berry, nobody's been able to clarify if a non-football injury, which this would be would prohibit cutting him.)

I have a hunch that maybe they might want to give Spags a clean lockerroom, no distractions. Sign a couple veterans that he likes to fill holes, draft heavy on defense again and go at it.

I don't want to hear about 'but the passrush' because Ford is one dimensional and not worth the money he'll get, Houston is injured half the time, and Berry all the time.
I can't even begin to express how much I love this idea. Keep Jones and Nandi, and let everyone else fly if they aren't a tight fit.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:25 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
honestly,

I agree, but I honestly think they will extend Houston. I think he fights marvelously into the 4-3 as being able to play either DE position as well as the SAM.

If I am Veach, I am working hard to extend Houston, converting his salary to signing bonus and thus guaranteeing it, but bringing his cap number down to around 12M for the next three years, which seems to be appropriate value.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:26 PM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
When your defense is made from poorly coached underachievers, duct tape, and slow-assed Hobos, it doesn't matter how slow or fast you score.
I'ith don't'ith disagree'ith...
[Reply]
Page 70 of 324
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up