ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 293
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:36 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I have. Well not the house, but something.
you bet against your own team?:-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:45 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you guys are so confident KU will blow these guys out of the water, go to baldeaglepoker.com, sign up for an account on Betonline or Bovada and bet the over -14. :-)
Already did. Looking forward to the beat-down. KU has a cakewalk to the Elite Eight. Could get interesting at that point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:43 PM 03-13-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Penn? Absolutely. Don't think they can score in the interior.
looks like they have Self’s attention

“We were able to work quite a bit on Penn in guarding their actions. They do it differently than anybody we play.”

He added of Penn: “I was really surprised when they showed up on the 16 line and after watching them (on film), surprise went to anger because they are not (a 16 seed). I was told by somebody yesterday we are the least-favored 1 over a 16 team in the history of the tournament. They could beat us. They have good enough players. They can shoot it. They defend extremely well, don’t give up easy baskets, don’t give up threes. They run stuff like you’d anticipate a typical Ivy League school to run if you think of Princeton with the Ivy League and when Steve (Donahue, Penn coach) was at Cornell — a lot of dribble back cuts, screen away back cuts, a lot of things nobody in our league does. It’s a quick prep, but they have our attention."
[Reply]
BWillie 11:53 PM 03-13-2018
OK guise, i have Creighton, Wichita State, KU and Missouri in the Final Foor. Wiff KU beating Missourah 122-66 in the final game.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:59 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
And who would have thought Embiid would be the best pro and first to be an all-star?
As soon as I saw him play a few games I thought his potential was through the roof.

That combination of size and atheliticism was really something. But then when you watched his free throw shooting form it was clear he had the potential to be a great shooter. I'm not surprised to see him hitting NBA 3s.

Before he was drafted I told my brother that I thought he would be a HOF if he stayed healthy and focused.

But I'm guessing he doesn't stay healthy.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:21 AM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
As soon as I saw him play a few games I thought his potential was through the roof.

That combination of size and atheliticism was really something. But then when you watched his free throw shooting form it was clear he had the potential to be a great shooter. I'm not surprised to see him hitting NBA 3s.

Before he was drafted I told my brother that I thought he would be a HOF if he stayed healthy and focused.

But I'm guessing he doesn't stay healthy.
150th out of 154th qualified in 3FG%, right there with Marcus Smart. Hes doing his team a disservice by continuing to shoot them.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:07 PM 03-14-2018

And it just got louder... #KUbball takes the floor to a wild roar... pic.twitter.com/X4M6NnWFlL

— Matt Tait (@mctait) March 14, 2018

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:25 PM 03-14-2018
150th out of 154th qualified in 3FG%, right there with Marcus Smart. Hes doing his team a disservice by continuing to shoot them.
I'm not saying it is a good strategy for him to shoot them. But I think it is impressive that he is a legitimate outside shooter. He came to basketball late and just from his time at KU to now his shooting has really improved. With his foot and back injuries, I'm not even sure how much time he has been able to spend practicing shots. From what the game announcers have said, it sounds like he barely ever practices with the team.

The good news is I'm glad to able to see him on the court. On the other hand, I wonder where he would be at if he had been fully healthy the last three years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:46 PM 03-14-2018
538.com : Penn is the best #16 in tourney history. Can they pull the upset?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...reatest-upset/

For starters, Penn is a lot better than the usual No. 16 seed. According to our Elo ratings — which measure a team’s strength based on (among other factors) who it’s beaten and by how much — the Quakers rank 76th in the country, with an even 1700 rating. How good is that? By definition, the typical D-I team rates around 1500, and since they first became a thing in 1985 (excluding this season), No. 16 seeds have had an average Elo rating of 1483.1 Before Penn this year, the highest-rated No. 16 seed of all time was Portland State, which carried a 1698 rating heading into the 2008 tournament. (It ended up losing, to Kansas of all teams, by 24.) Penn is officially the first No. 16 seed ever to break the 1700 barrier in Elo:
[Reply]
Lzen 03:18 PM 03-14-2018
Heard Bill Self talking about how Penn goes under screens. If they do that against us, we are gonna rain 3s.
[Reply]
SuperChief 03:21 PM 03-14-2018
I understand how "good" Penn is compared to other 16-seeds, historically.

That being said, if you can't beat an Ivy League team, you don't belong in the Dance.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:27 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by SuperChief:

That being said, if you can't beat an Ivy League team, you don't belong in the Dance.
I think a 16 could beat a 1. And it will probably happen someday. Hell, I still remember a few years ago how KU struggled against W. Kentucky. Still, I think this KU team is locked in and they aren't gonna struggle with Penn.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:19 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by SuperChief:

Well, KU couldn't beat Washington. Who the predictive metrics show are very comparable overall.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:20 PM 03-14-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I think a 16 could beat a 1. And it will probably happen someday. Hell, I still remember a few years ago how KU struggled against W. Kentucky. Still, I think this KU team is locked in and they aren't gonna struggle with Penn.
I was at that one (and a couple days later when they beat UNC, and when KSU lost to Ole Miss).... I think KU was down a point at halftime, and even though I wasn't going to really worry about it at that point, it's hard not to think "holy shit, what if...". And I don't believe it's terribly uncommon for 16s to hang around for 20+ minutes, anyway.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:21 PM 03-14-2018
Well, KU couldn't beat Washington. Who the predictive metrics show are very comparable overall.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 174 of 293
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up