ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 634 of 791
« First < 134534584624630631632633634 635636637638644684734 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Buckweath 08:59 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Veach and more specifically Andy like to bring in younger guys. Look at their acquisitions lately. They may indeed do this Peterson deal, I dunno.

But I would imagine they'd rather have the younger guy if compensation was equal, but it won't be.
Any team prefers younger players for the same compensation and same talent level.

For your information, Okafor is 28 years old, a year younger than Peterson.

Jordy Nelson is also no spring chicken and it is rumored the Chiefs are interested.

I'm pretty sure Veach would much prefer to trade for Peterson than Ramsey. It makes so much more sense in terms of salary cap and trade compensation.

Veach was not going to pay Peters. I don't see why he would now want to pay Ramsey. Sure, he doesn't have the same attittude issues but still.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 09:03 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I see your point. My argument would be that they need the cap flexibility more in 2021 & beyond as opposed to 2019/2020 now. The moves of the past couple weeks have greatly alleviated the stress on their current cap situation. They can definitely afford PP at his current rate.
You're right. I guess it depends on whether we're extending Tyreek and/or Jones and what that contract would look like (it seems like Veach likes to do contracts with lower first year cap numbers) and how many guys are still out there in free agency we might want to try and bring into the fold. We're getting I believe around $9 million is savings too from cutting Berry, which should be enough to sign our draft picks.

I'd like to add Nelson as a slot WR if the money is right. I think he'd do very well with Pat.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:12 AM 03-26-2019
You also gotta think PP is Mathieus mentor. This would work perfectly for chemistry
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:17 AM 03-26-2019
Marty McDonald is a legit source you guys. I was skeptical until he said the Chiefs would find a way to get Matt House back after he committed back to Kentucky
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:17 AM 03-26-2019
Peterson is the least risky between he and Ramsey. Less cost, no character concerns.

Ramsey should get you more productive years and imo, is the better player. A true shut down corner.

Can't go wrong with either.

The real question is, who else fits the mold of a corner worth trading for? Beyond just the Vikings' duo.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 03-26-2019
Problem with Ramsey is just the cost. He's probably the best all around true lock down corner in the game and is young. That's great, but to trade him you're probably gonna have to move a couple 1sts and give him a big contract.

He talks a lot so I can see where it would make uncomfortable to do that plus that's a lot to give up for a non qb.

Peterson would be preferable.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:23 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Peterson is the least risky between he and Ramsey. Less cost, no character concerns.

Ramsey should get you more productive years and imo, is the better player. A true shut down corner.

The real question is, who else fits the mold of a corner worth trading for? Beyond just the Vikings' duo.
Bouye
[Reply]
Urc Burry 09:29 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

The least talked about one makes the most sense. Xavien Howard. The jags arent trading Ramsey. They are trying to win it all. So they definitely wouldn’t trade him to us. The dolphins are in full tank mode and Howard is due to get paid. I think he would be attainable
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 03-26-2019
What is Marty's twitter handle again?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:36 AM 03-26-2019
There's been like ZERO rumblings about Bouye or Howard though. I'm sure Veach is talking to everybody but those are two guys that nobody has talked about. I'd be shocked.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:36 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's been like ZERO rumblings about Bouye or Howard though. I'm sure Veach is talking to everybody but those are two guys that nobody has talked about. I'd be shocked.
What rumblings have there been about Peterson and Ramsey?
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 03-26-2019
Howard has made it known he wants to be the highest paid CB in football.

Hard pass for me on that. I wouldn't have a problem doing that for Ramsey, he actually is the best CB in football.

I'd prefer not to do it for either.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:37 AM 03-26-2019
Marty has been reliable, but I don't think Arizona is going to budge on PP.

Guys probably more realistic: Jimmy Smith, Trae Waynes, Xavien Howard, Vernon Hargreaves
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 03-26-2019
I'd think now would be the time to move PP if you were ever going to. Number 1 overall pick, terrible roster etc.

Unless they feel they can quickly turn it around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What rumbling have their been about Peterson and Ramsey?
None about Ramsey.

Peterson was rumored to be on the block at the trade deadline and then there was all the backpedaling and the public apology and all that.
[Reply]
Page 634 of 791
« First < 134534584624630631632633634 635636637638644684734 > Last »
Up