ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 627 of 791
« First < 127527577617623624625626627 628629630631637677727 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:20 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Signing a player on the last year of his contract like a current Chief or trading for someone in that situation?
Trading for a player in the last year of his contract. Like Demarcus Lawrence would fit the description. I can see Veach also trading up and getting Devin Bush
[Reply]
In58men 12:36 PM 03-25-2019
Something is going to happen this Wednesday.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Now I have to wait until fucking Wednesday?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:38 PM 03-25-2019
Signing a player on the last year of his contract like a current Chief or trading for someone in that situation?
I think that’s his backup plan. Trading up for a pass rusher is his primary objective IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think that’s his backup plan. Trading up for a pass rusher is his primary objective IMO.
But how high and how much will that cost to do?

What pass rusher do you think he has his eye on? Burns?
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 03-25-2019
It's the league meetings this week in Arizona so i'd guess some deals get done or are atleast being talked about.
[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 03-25-2019
You sure
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:49 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Do we really need to spend a pick on RB depth?

You've got Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde and Darrell Williams. Grab an UDFA and see if he can make the team.
I was hoping for the Chiefs to get a Darrell Henderson home run-type RB in the draft to compliment the existing RB personnel, but UDFA looks like the more realistic route with so many other needs on the roster currently.
[Reply]
In58men 12:49 PM 03-25-2019
You sure
Not 100% sure, but I do expect something to happen this week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trading for a player in the last year of his contract. Like Demarcus Lawrence would fit the description. I can see Veach also trading up and getting Devin Bush
I hope they don't trade multiple picks for Devin Bush. As good as he is, that would be awful in terms of value.
[Reply]
O.city 12:56 PM 03-25-2019
Not 100% sure, but I do expect something to happen this week.
But why?
[Reply]
In58men 01:13 PM 03-25-2019
But why?
Just a hunch my man......just a hunch.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 03-25-2019
Just a hunch my man......just a hunch.
I hope so man. Wish they'd hurry up, i'm getting bored and antsy.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:59 PM 03-25-2019
a LB in the 1st round is not entirely out of question but I don't really see how the pick is anything else than a D-end or a CB.

I mean, this team has lost Houston and Ford and then do people realize that the only CB that will be on a contract after next season is Ward?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:01 PM 03-25-2019
Apology in advance if Q... Peter Schrager is a great follow. His enthusiasm for the Chiefs is contagious.

Chiefs GM Brett Veach may still make more moves this offseason

The NFL’s annual owners meetings are ongoing this week in Arizona. The yearly meetings bring NFL owners and executives to one location to discuss league matters, such as rule changes. The Chiefs have a couple of rules changes they are proposing to the league, including ensuring each team has at least one possession in overtime (hello, AFC title game).

The meetings also bring media members from across the nation to the event, and one of those media members is Good Morning Football host and AP lobbyist Peter Schrager. Schrager had some interesting things to say Monday after he spoke with Chiefs general manager Brett Veach for an extended period of time in Arizona.

The NFL’s annual owners meetings are ongoing this week in Arizona. The yearly meetings bring NFL owners and executives to one location to discuss league matters, such as rule changes. The Chiefs have a couple of rules changes they are proposing to the league, including ensuring each team has at least one possession in overtime (hello, AFC title game).

The meetings also bring media members from across the nation to the event, and one of those media members is Good Morning Football host and AP lobbyist Peter Schrager. Schrager had some interesting things to say Monday after he spoke with Chiefs general manager Brett Veach for an extended period of time in Arizona.

Don’t sleep on the #Chiefs and Brett Veach, per @PSchrags and @gmfb: pic.twitter.com/Ob1uREVSoi

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) March 25, 2019

SCHRAGER: “There’s obviously reason for concern here. Dee Ford led the league in forced fumbles last year, and Eric Berry was not only the defensive leader but he was the locker room guy and you’re losing important players both on and off the field. I will say this—Brett Veach, their general manager—and I talked to him for a long time in the lobby [Sunday], they might not be done. This guy is a riverboat gambler in every sense of the word, and you mentioned the (Patrick) Mahomes deal. Everybody was raising their eyebrows at the Super Bowl two years ago when they traded Alex Smith, and think about to the draft before when they drafted Mahomes and traded up to 10th overall after Alex Smith had that year. I don’t think the offseason is done and I don’t think the Kansas City Chiefs are done. What does that mean? Does that mean trading up in the draft to get one of these elite guys? Maybe. Does that mean looking at other teams and saying, ‘Who are some of their pieces that might be on the move or entering final contract years?’ Maybe they make a move and get aggressive there. I can’t see the Kansas City Chiefs just sitting on their hands from now until training camp after losing three of their best defensive players and their locker room leader in Eric Berry. I’m going to go with the thought that they are still a work in progress on defense, and they’ll go from there.”

This should come as welcomed news to Chiefs fans, who understandably have reason to be still concerned with the defense as a whole. While the Chiefs were able to nab a former All-Pro safety in Tyrann Mathieu, saying goodbye to both Dee Ford and Justin Houston without another proven edge rusher on the roster is questionable... at least for now.

For better or for worse, Veach is usually a bit more open than his predecessor in John Dorsey in speaking about plans to media members, so there could be something real to Schrager’s words.

There are some intriguing defensive free agents still available, and the Chiefs have two first-round picks and four second-round picks over the next two drafts if they believe an elite defender is within reach of a trade-up.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is expected to take questions at the NFL’s coaches breakfast slated for Tuesday morning. Though it is rare for Reid to talk personnel decisions these days, perhaps we will at least hear some updates.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/3/25/18280798/chiefs-gm-brett-veach-may-still-make-more-moves-this-offseason
[Reply]
Page 627 of 791
« First < 127527577617623624625626627 628629630631637677727 > Last »
Up