ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 625 of 791
« First < 125525575615621622623624625 626627628629635675725 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:02 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
This draft could set up well for us to trade back.

If one of the TE's falls on draft day we could be a good trading partner with a team trying to get ahead of the Patriots.
Meh. I don't think teams are going to make a giant leap for a Tight End, so I don't think the offers you would get would be worth enough to give up a possibly valuable 5th year option.

Would really need to tumble down into at least the mid 2nd to start caring, and basically that will only happen for a pass-rusher (which in that case, why the hell wouldn't we just take them?) or maybe limpdick Daniel Jones slides and someone wants him and is spooked the Pats will take him.

I'm for moving down, because the real value of this draft is in the 2nd round, but it has to be worth giving up that option. A 5th round pick ain't gonna cut it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:08 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
This draft could set up well for us to trade back.

If one of the TE's falls on draft day we could be a good trading partner with a team trying to get ahead of the Patriots.
When you pick at the back of the round, there's always a reason to trade back.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Meh. I don't think teams are going to make a giant leap for a Tight End, so I don't think the offers you would get would be worth enough to give up a possibly valuable 5th year option.

Would really need to tumble down into at least the mid 2nd to start caring, and basically that will only happen for a pass-rusher (which in that case, why the hell wouldn't we just take them?) or maybe limpdick Daniel Jones slides and someone wants him and is spooked the Pats will take him.

I'm for moving down, because the real value of this draft is in the 2nd round, but it has to be worth giving up that option. A 5th round pick ain't gonna cut it.
I hate to give up that 5th year option. If someone wants to give us a 2nd next year or a 3rd in the early 3rd, maybe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:16 AM 03-25-2019
The teams with two 1sts could all use a TE.

Hock and Fant will go to two of them, I'd about guarantee it. Giants, Raiders, Green Bay would all be wise to nab one of them.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:19 AM 03-25-2019
I personnally feel that Veach is going to be his usual agressive self during the draft, meaning trading up, but I am not sure he is going to trade any picks from next year. Rather, I believe he already has a list of interesting players he will be willing to trade for, possibly with the 49ers pick, after the draft. Then he will complete the team with free agents.

I don't see him trading for any players which would entail giving said player a massive long-term contract soon. Don't forget you have Mahomes, Hill and Jones to sign on massive contracts and then possibly Fuller who won't be that cheap. And Veach surely doesn't want to go back to being cap-strapped but rather always maintain some flexibility.

Part of the reason Veach traded Peters and Ford is that he was not willing to give them massive contracts anytime soon. I don't really see why he would trade for a Ramsey or Lawrence really.

I think he would rather trade for a veteran player who still has a few good years left in the tank but that you would not resign after those 2-3 years. I keep thinking Patrick Peterson would be perfect for this team but then I know Arizona might have no interest in trading him.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:20 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The teams with two 1sts could all use a TE.

Hock and Fant will go to two of them, I'd about guarantee it. Giants, Raiders, Green Bay would all be wise to nab one of them.
You're probably right there.

I could see Hock to the Giants and Noah Fant feels a lot like Jermichael Finley, so I could see the Packers taking him.
[Reply]
bricks 11:20 AM 03-25-2019
Nobody sign these pieces of shits yet?

WTF is going on here today??
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:20 AM 03-25-2019
Irv Smith Jr and Jace Sternberger are quality options also, along with some other Day 2 prospects. I don't think you're getting a hot market over a Tight End.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:22 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:

Yeah I’m for moving down too if the situation calls for it. It would require us receiving a third round pick and nothing less though.

We’ve been so good in the 3rd rd that I wouldn’t mind doing that at all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:22 AM 03-25-2019

We have signed RB @Shermanator_42! pic.twitter.com/dgK72WBrqe

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) March 25, 2019

[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:23 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah I’m for moving down too if the situation calls for it. It would require us receiving a third round pick and nothing less though.

We’ve been so good in the 3rd rd that I wouldn’t mind doing that at all.
Would have to agree. Anything less than that in return, fuck it.
[Reply]
loochy 11:24 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
RB huh?
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:25 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
RB huh?
I guess the pro bowl really opened some eyes. :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:29 AM 03-25-2019
RB huh?
Change of position hmm.... Sherm did play RB in pre season and was a beast
[Reply]
In58men 11:37 AM 03-25-2019
RB huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 625 of 791