ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 623 of 791
« First < 123523573613619620621622623 624625626627633673723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:33 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach has to be working on a trade. He loves to do trades. I’m thinking either a big time CB or a DE
If its BIG, I cant help but think Demarcus Lawrence. The Cowboys literally cant afford him, he says he wont play on the Tag, therefor he is useless to them.
Now if they can tag and trade him, his new team has to pay him much like Dee Ford. So, a team isnt going to give up a first for that.

Something like one of this years second round picks should do it. Salary cap can be dealt with.

Again, if its a BIG move, this is what I see.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:35 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
If its BIG, I cant help but think Demarcus Lawrence. The Cowboys literally cant afford him, he says he wont play on the Tag, therefor he is useless to them.
Now if they can tag and trade him, his new team has to pay him much like Dee Ford. So, a team isnt going to give up a first for that.

Something like one of this years second round picks should do it. Salary cap can be dealt with.

Again, if its a BIG move, this is what I see.
I actually think it's Ramsey....just don't know if they can pull it off.
[Reply]
nychief 09:36 AM 03-25-2019
I don't think there is going be any big moves - other than on draft day - where i expect a move up to get an impact player. I think post draft you'll see some vet pick ups, but no game changers... sadly.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
What makes you think that?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:38 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
What makes you think that?
Just a hunch...add him with Honey Badger and it helps and masks the pass rush immensely while they draft and build players to replace Houston, Ford, etc.
[Reply]
nychief 09:40 AM 03-25-2019
Why would the Jags trade Ramsey? They are in a win now mode. They've got a QB they just paid... They had a down year, but i think they believe it was on the Bortles.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:43 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
I don't think there is going be any big moves - other than on draft day - where i expect a move up to get an impact player. I think post draft you'll see some vet pick ups, but no game changers... sadly.
That would be unfortunate because there is no way the Chiefs can fill all of the current holes on their roster just with the draft.

Pass rusher, more secondary help, linebackers, WR depth (and maybe a #1 WR?), a #2 TE, RB depth... that is a lot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That would be unfortunate because there is no way the Chiefs can fill all of the current holes on their roster just with the draft.

Pass rusher, more secondary help, linebackers, WR depth (and maybe a #1 WR?), a #2 TE, RB depth... that is a lot.
Do we really need to spend a pick on RB depth?

You've got Damien Williams, Carlos Hyde and Darrell Williams. Grab an UDFA and see if he can make the team.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 03-25-2019

Free-agent nugget from NFL annual meeting: The Patriots are still in talks with free-agent DT Allen Bailey, who is also considering a return to the Chiefs. The 6-foot-3, 288-pound Bailey enters his 9th season in 2019. Would be a fit on interior alongside Lawrence Guy/Mike Pennel.

— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) March 25, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 03-25-2019

I'm guessing they're gonna have to have some of the current guys develop or hit on a mid/late rounder for some of this.

#2 TE, WR depth etc.

Some of that can be found still in FA though too.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 03-25-2019

Half those things you mentioned don't require "big moves" they can sign a solid backup TE that isn't a big move...

The biggest thing on there is pass rush and that is probably going to be drafted, I think there is probably something else coming in the secondary and LB's..honestly 4-3 LB's is where you save money. Lots of guys drafted later in drafts are productive there.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:50 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Why would the Jags trade Ramsey? They are in a win now mode. They've got a QB they just paid... They had a down year, but i think they believe it was on the Bortles.
That's one of the reasons why I don't see it happening...I just think it's what the Chiefs want.
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 03-25-2019
They could add another DL and safety in free agency for pretty cheap.

I'm all about opening up the draft so that if one of the big TE's drop, take him. Or a (gulp) center, or whatever.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:54 AM 03-25-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Jacksonville just purged a ton of defensive talent. They arent moving Ramsey and definitely NOT to US. Same goes for Houston, not going to trade Clowney to us.

Cowboys would probably like to see Lawrence out of the NFC, this makes some sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 03-25-2019
Fuck Ramsey.....give me Myles Jack.
[Reply]
Page 623 of 791
« First < 123523573613619620621622623 624625626627633673723 > Last »
Up