ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Anthony Bourdain
KCUnited 05:36 AM 06-08-2018
Dead at 61 per various media outlets

New York (CNN)Anthony Bourdain, a gifted storyteller and writer who took CNN viewers around the world, has died. He was 61.

CNN confirmed Bourdain's death on Friday and said the cause of death was suicide.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/an...bit/index.html
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:07 PM 06-08-2018
:-)
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I doubt if he was flying back and forth between takes in bumblefuck Mongolia to run her to soccer practice.

Of all the places I go, my favorite is picking daughter up at school. The best.

— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) April 22, 2014

[Reply]
Frazod 10:10 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

So you're implying that he was flying back and forth between takes in bumblefuck Mongolia to run her to soccer practice?

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:16 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He was going thru some things

Because the rest of us aren't. We all just coast thru life. He had to deal with things
The point is he didn't deal with things. He bailed. Loser move. There are so many ways to get help. Hopefully his daughter is able to not be all fucked up cause her dad was the suck.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:25 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
An 11yo daughter. How do you even?
Spade did the same thing.

I can’t imagine doing that...
[Reply]
TimBone 10:29 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Any word on Guy Fieri?
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Holy shit. :-).
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:40 PM 06-08-2018
Best article I've seen yet: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/an...ling-the-truth

Originally Posted by :
Another way of putting it is that Anthony Bourdain built his career on the telling of truth. The son of a French father and an American mother (Gladys Bourdain, writing as G. S. Bourdain, was a writer and a copy editor at the Times), he was a novelist before he became an essayist, but, even in the realm of fiction—as in his series of sardonic crime thrillers, including the novels “Bone in the Throat” and “Gone Bamboo”—he evinced a fascination with how people lived within and around their ill behaviors. “Guys who wake up every morning, brush their teeth, shower, shave, then go to work at the serious business of committing felonies,” he wrote in “A Life of Crime,” an essay in his collection “Medium Raw.” “These are the characters who continue to dominate my reverie.” In crime there’s not just transgression, there’s clarity: being in the conspiracy, knowing the inner workings of the machine, seeing what’s really going on. This was the engine that powered “Don’t Eat Before Reading This,” Bourdain’s 1999 New Yorker story that stripped the elegant window dressing from the world of high-end restaurants—the article that, in short order, evolved into his blockbuster 2000 memoir, “Kitchen Confidential.”

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:41 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthrea...y+olive+garden
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:07 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Just because they are not a fashion designer or on TV...................

22 Veterans commit suicide every day. Every single day.
If only they could be badasses like HonestRacist. Those losers.

I mean shit, it's not like they weren't sick or anything. Just losers. I'm sure he's so damn cool and good that he'll go up to troops and tell them some of their fallen comrades are pussies.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:08 PM 06-08-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
The point is he didn't deal with things. He bailed. Loser move. There are so many ways to get help. Hopefully his daughter is able to not be all fucked up cause her dad was the suck.
[Reply]
mikeboogie 03:42 AM 06-09-2018
I am glad that he introduced me to Jim Harrison during season 5 of No Reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:28 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He's saying...

Wow, I didn't realize that. Leaving an 11yo behind like that makes AB a loser. So "buh bye" loser who bailed on a young daughter."
Maybe his 11 yo daughter was an asshole ?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:31 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If only they could be badasses like HonestRacist. Those losers.

I mean shit, it's not like they weren't sick or anything. Just losers. I'm sure he's so damn cool and good that he'll go up to troops and tell them some of their fallen comrades are pussies.
Yeah, lets see him kill innocent women and children inadvertently thinking they were the enemy. Laughing with your close friend and then he's dead and you have his brains and blood all over yourself. Survivors guilt and so on and so on.

Almost every single person that I worked alongside was special forces. They had either lost an arm, leg, been wounded or were having PTSD. The military was keeping them in my safe but busy environment while they were getting treated.

I've never been in war but I've seen what it does to some of the biggest bad asses in the whole world up close and personal. Judging them as weak is an insult. They were causalities of war and are heroes.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:55 AM 06-09-2018
why are we comparing combat vets to a tv personality?
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:56 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I was wondering the same.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 AM 06-09-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I wasn't. I was just using this thread to publicize and inform people how many vets commit suicide every day. I don't think most people are aware of high that number is. And according to my rep comments, people didn't know. Talking about vets and finding ways to help them is sort of my thing.

I stated from the start that soldiers killing themselves from the trauma of war is way way different than celebrities killing themselves. I'll step out of the thread now.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up