ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 101
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:31 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
I looked it up to see exactly what the scores were going into the Fourth of our last 4 games before Atlanta

Las Vegas - 21-17 after 3 (up 4)
Tampa - 27-10 After 3 (up 17)
Denver - 19-13 after 3 (up 6)
Miami - 30-10 (up 20)
New Orleans - 21-15 (up 6)

We take our foot off the gas, that's what Andy always does. The whole winning close games narrative is just simply a lazy take. We had comfortable leads against a few playoff contenders and major threats in the NFC at the end of the year. And of course division games have the potential to always close, so Las Vegas and Denver are different animals.
Yeah, the true narrative is "didn't beat the Falcons and Broncos by enough", while the Bills destroyed the Patriots and Broncos.

They also didn't lose to any of the 4 teams they played that are still in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:32 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
that's a little unfair they were in prevent D by the start of the 2nd qtr.

they were playing 2 practice squad CBs didnt want them to get thrown over there head.
So which CLE DBs have the speed to hold down Hill? And what LB is going to blank Kelce? Or are you seriously expecting Mahomes to throw 4 INTs for you?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, the true narrative is "didn't beat the Falcons and Broncos by enough", while the Bills destroyed the Patriots and Broncos.

They also didn't lose to any of the 4 teams they played that are still in the playoffs.
They did beat the Broncos by almost 40 points but that game doesn't count because it wasn't in the artificial time period Bills fan wants to tell us is the only time period that is eligible for evaluation.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:36 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And I've got a friend who is an offensive line assistant at the University of Iowa that I talk to about stuff like this. I absolutely know what I'm talking about.

There isn't much more you can do, other than admit you're wrong.
:-) Oh, yeah? Well I'm literally Andy Reid!

Enjoy your title as king of Dipshit Mountain.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:36 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So which CLE DBs have the speed to hold down Hill? And what LB is going to blank Kelce? Or are you seriously expecting Mahomes to throw 4 INTs for you?
Somebody said last night they thought they'd put Ward on Watkins and then bracket Hill, high and low.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:37 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

King of Dipshit Mountain?

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:38 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Look man, I wasn't initially interested in fighting about this but if you're going to persist.

I am absolutely 100% unequivocally correct here. If you want to call me a dipshit, have at it. It just makes you look petty and incapable of admitting that you might be wrong.

See, I've done that here hundreds of times. I've made a lot of statements here that turned out to be stupid, wrong, or whatever.

This isn't one of them. I'm right, you're wrong. It's as simple as that.
[Reply]
loochy 12:39 PM 01-12-2021
Somebody said last night they thought they'd put Ward on Watkins and then bracket Hill, high and low.

Ok, so then Kelce
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 01-12-2021
I posed that as a possibility. we've seen defenses do that before. NE did it first I think.

They essentially put their best DB on Watkins 1v1 (Gilmore), and then put one of the McCourty bros. and a S over the top of Hill. It confused Patrick for about 2 quarters. They also ran a lot of doubles at Kelce, and jammed him nearly ever snap. Worked for a minute.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ok, so then Kelce
Yeah, they pretty much admitted they can't stop Kelce and he's going to run wild.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 01-12-2021
I posed that as a possibility. we've seen defenses do that before. NE did it first I think.

They essentially put their best DB on Watkins 1v1 (Gilmore), and then put one of the McCourty bros. and a S over the top of Hill. It confused Patrick for about 2 quarters. They also ran a lot of doubles at Kelce, and jammed him nearly ever snap. Worked for a minute.
The Patriots would also man up on Kelce with Chung.

The Browns don't have anybody at safety that can do that.
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:51 PM 01-12-2021
Truth
Attached: E292B9E9-5F2D-4A26-85A5-ADECD103CAC6.jpg (53.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:56 PM 01-12-2021
The Patriots would also man up on Kelce with Chung.

The Browns don't have anybody at safety that can do that.
Kind of my point. NE did it, last season SFO did a version of it in the SB, a few other teams tried something like it.

But all of those defenses were populated by players that are quite a bit better than what CLE has in the lockerroom. So I don't see how they can use something like it with a reasonable chance of success. They don't have a S or a LB that's going to be able to cover Kelce. We watched their safeties Sunday have all sorts of trouble vs. PIT's TEs, and those guys aren't good.

And let's be honest, outside of Ward, they don't have a CB that can 1v1 over Watkins. And I still have some doubt that Ward, coming back from COVID, would be able to blank Watkins by himself. Sammy might not have Hill/Hardman speed, but he runs 4.45s/40. How many DBs does CLE that can even run that fast? Never mind Sammy's route-running ability or his ability to defeat press-man. Or his ability to find the soft spots when the play breaks down and Patrick starts running around, second only to Kelce.

Point being, CLE just doesn't have the horses to run a defense like what SFO was doing in the SB to slow down Patrick and crew. And their pass-rush is limited now to just Garrett.

So, Mahomes with time, and a secondary that's just allowed Ben Rothlisberger to throw for 500 yds/4 TDs.

I see KC's offense having a 45 point kind of day, if CLE shows that they can score effectively against our defense. If they get bogged down, Andy will do the usual, get his two score lead, and start running 10 play drives and eat up clock to put the game away. But we'll probably still score 35. unless CLE suddenly finds a new pass-rusher and their secondary suddenly plays a lot better.
[Reply]
Mav 01:09 PM 01-12-2021

That answer is Zero. Ward is fast but he’s not as fast as hill, and as I said earlier, we have no one who can do anything with Kelce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 01-12-2021
My gut says it's mostly about CLE D not having answers for Mahomes escaping the pocket, Hill's speed, Kelce exploiting their LBs, Watkins doing evil to any CB they have not named Ward, etc.

Their secondary simply doesn't match-up well against KC's offense, and we just watched a bad Big Ben with a noodle arm throw for 500+ and 4 TDs on these guys. In basically just 3 quarters.

If Ben, who's a shadow of his former self, can chuck it for 5 bills and 4 TDs, what's Mahomes going to do? With the fastest WR, best TE in the game? Sammy, Hardman, DRob, and an actual run game? 600? 700? 7 Tds? 8 Tds?
He's not throwing for 600 boss chief Jr.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 101
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Up