ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 968 of 3903
« First < 468868918958964965966967968 9699709719729781018106814681968 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 06:48 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is that but our population density outside of Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver is pretty low. The sun would be nice about now having been stuck in the house for about 6 months unless you snowmobile, ski or ice fish.

This time of year there isn't a lot of outdoor activities available, too cold or too much snow for golf/soccer/baseball and other summer stuff , lakes still frozen over and fishing is closed till may 21, but also too wet and not enough snow for skiing and snowmobiling.

I live in cottage country next to lake Nipissing one the biggest fresh water lakes in Ontario , it will be interesting to see if the big city folks flock up here to escape their apartments when it warms up.
So what...you have like 3 months where it's not winter? Fuck that noise.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:02 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is that but our population density outside of Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver is pretty low. The sun would be nice about now having been stuck in the house for about 6 months unless you snowmobile, ski or ice fish.

This time of year there isn't a lot of outdoor activities available, too cold or too much snow for golf/soccer/baseball and other summer stuff , lakes still frozen over and fishing is closed till may 21, but also too wet and not enough snow for skiing and snowmobiling.

I live in cottage country next to lake Nipissing one the biggest fresh water lakes in Ontario , it will be interesting to see if the big city folks flock up here to escape their apartments when it warms up.
Closed? No ice fishing?
[Reply]
2112 07:04 AM 04-01-2020
City morgue nearing capacity in New York City (yikes). They’re bringing in refrigerator trucks
[Reply]
petegz28 07:04 AM 04-01-2020
Fucking media

"Best case scenario 100k deaths..."

Dr. Facui when asked should we prepare for 100k deaths, "That is a possibility"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:10 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
****ing media

What's wrong with that prediction?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:10 AM 04-01-2020
****ing media

The media is just reporting what the Trump administration is telling them. I know reality is hard for you but 100k deaths or more is clearly a possibility.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:11 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What's wrong with that prediction?
Read what I said again. The media said it was the "Best case scenario". Dr. Fauci said it was a "possibility". I never heard the words "best case scenario" come from him.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:12 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The media is just reporting what the Trump administration is telling them. I know reality is hard for you but 100k deaths or more is clearly a possibility.
Dude, I thought you were putting me on ignore? Please :-). You obviously didn't read what I said.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:15 AM 04-01-2020
Dude, I thought you were putting me on ignore? Please :-). You obviously didn't read what I said.
I did read what you said. Show me the article where the media says best case scenario 100k deaths?

Even with blanket nationwide adoption of stringent mitigation efforts, between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans could face death in the coming weeks in a cascading nationwide ordeal, according to modeling explained by senior members of the President's emergency task force Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:17 AM 04-01-2020
Fucking media

you obviously didnt watch the whole press conference. or youre being disingenuous

fauci repeatedly said that he thought we would do better with social distancing then we have and that hope made him say we can do better

but when the reporter asked "what is the best case with what we are doing right now?" all 3 (birx, fauci, trump all immediately pointed at the board and said "that IS the best case in our models" and fauci was also asked if the country could handle 100k deaths in the next 2 months and he responded " thats the reality of the situation"
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:17 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ksn...ronavirus/amp/

Our local hospital just announced paycuts.
I don't see anything wrong with how they handled that, most of those people should get the lost money back from unemployment with the spending bill.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:18 AM 04-01-2020
Read what I said again. The media said it was the "Best case scenario". Dr. Fauci said it was a "possibility". I never heard the words "best case scenario" come from him.
then you werent watching close, or only hearing what you want to hear. either way you are wrong.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I did read what you said. Show me the article where the media says best case scenario 100k deaths?

Even with blanket nationwide adoption of stringent mitigation efforts, between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans could face death in the coming weeks in a cascading nationwide ordeal, according to modeling explained by senior members of the President's emergency task force Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/polit...rus/index.html
I just watched it on TV. So instead of insulting me and assuming I said something I didn't, why don't you ask the question "where did you see best case scenario"?
[Reply]
Monticore 07:19 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
So what...you have like 3 months where it's not winter? **** that noise.
Kind of lol, we start golf end may but with black fly/deer fly/mosquito season I figure july and august are actually enjoyable when you are out there.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:20 AM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
you obviously didnt watch the whole press conference. or youre being disingenuous

fauci repeatedly said that he thought we would do better with social distancing then we have and that hope made him say we can do better

but when the reporter asked "what is the best case with what we are doing right now?" all 3 (birx, fauci, trump all immediately pointed at the board and said "that IS the best case in our models" and fauci was also asked if the country could handle 100k deaths in the next 2 months and he responded " thats the reality of the situation"
I didn't see that part. Might have been nice for them show them saying that in the report.
[Reply]
Page 968 of 3903
« First < 468868918958964965966967968 9699709719729781018106814681968 > Last »
Up