ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 333 of 3903
« First < 233283323329330331332333 3343353363373433834338331333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:52 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
The French don’t recognize personal space at all, so it’s not surprising that they would spread it quicker. It doesn’t help matters when everyone over there smokes and rarely wash their hands after using the bathroom.
You are wasting your time talking to that idiot.

Its like trying to say China is just like the US, or Japan, or Italy.

Vastly different countries with vastly different population concentrations and all of them have taken different measure at different times.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:53 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Because you have no idea where the virus actually is. You're just being hopeful not actually coming up with a solution. Social distancing only slows and flattens the graph.

When people start coming down with this in huge numbers everything is going to change, we're still in the infancy. Italy's numbers are jumping up at a huge rate despite social distancing.

The only countries that are actually achieving anything are ones utilizing widespread testing like China and South Korea.
Do you realize what is involved with testing everyone? Did you hear the presser today where they pointed out what it takes?

You have to get in a protective suit, test one person then go change into a completely new protective suit and test the next person and so on.

You can't just walk up and start swabbing people by the 100's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
You should stick around and post more. I like your optimism
Eh, that's probably why I won't.

When's optimism ever worked out for anyone?

Bottom line is there's only so much freaking out I can do. Wife and 3 kids at home, leadership role at work. At some point you can sit around and immerse yourself in any gloom and doom scenario you'd like and be !@#$ing miserable (because lets face it - you as an individual aren't going to change it).

Or you can ingest everything you can find and hold onto those positive data points with everything you've got.

Like I said - I'll openly acknowledge that this whole country could be in flames by the end of the week but man, I just can't live in that space right now. It ain't healthy and too many people take their queues from me. So ultimately I think I believe me. I'm pretty sure I think we'll come through this in fine working order. But I'm pretty sure I was only ever about 55% sure the Chiefs would win the Super Bowl (and a lot less than that in the 4th quarter). Some of it was just forcing myself to buy into the remaining 45%...

It just is what it is.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:54 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You are wasting your time talking to that idiot.

Its like trying to say China is just like the US, or Japan, or Italy.

Vastly different countries with vastly different population concentrations and all of them have taken different measure at different times.
I hope you get it.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:55 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Kinda like the flu?
does the flu have a 2%+ death rate ?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:55 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Do you realize what is involved with testing everyone? Did you hear the presser today where they pointed out what it takes?

You have to get in a protective suit, test one person then go change into a completely new protective suit and test the next person and so on.

I guess I'll post this again. Consider it the only actual outline I've heard that seems like it is taking everything into consideration.

this guy rules

pic.twitter.com/67pId4kC4i

— rat king (@MikeIsaac) March 13, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 03:56 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I hope you get it.
You're a fucking douche man. If you disagree with him then act like an adult about it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:56 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
does the flu have a 2%+ death rate ?
Marcellus was telling us a few weeks ago it was just the flu now hes saying not many will die because we are America. You can tell who grew up on the propaganda lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 03-16-2020
Airlines want $50 billion in bailout money, to start with. Most airlines in the world are expecting to be bankrupt by May 2020.

How are we suppose to bail out every industry and ourselfs when this is all over?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:57 PM 03-16-2020
I hope you get it.
Thanks Billay it means a lot to me.

Being an extremely healthy person under 50, I should be fine if I do.

Me getting the virus wont change the fact you are a ****ing moron though.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:57 PM 03-16-2020
You're a ****ing douche man. If you disagree with him then act like an adult about it.
Nah hes a piece of shit
[Reply]
wazu 03:57 PM 03-16-2020

Why can South Korea do it but we can't? https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-fast-and-free
[Reply]
oaklandhater 03:58 PM 03-16-2020
Marcellus was telling us a few weeks ago it was just the flu now hes saying not many will die because we are America. You can tell who grew up on the propaganda lol

many people on the right don't want to acknowledge this.

Still a few hold outs on the left as well but calling it a flu is fucking retarded at this point.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:59 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I guess I'll post this again. Consider it the only actual outline I've heard that seems like it is taking everything into consideration.

So you want to swab and ct scan everyone?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:59 PM 03-16-2020
Nah hes a piece of shit
I'd say you're a bigger one judging by your post.
[Reply]
Page 333 of 3903
« First < 233283323329330331332333 3343353363373433834338331333 > Last »
Up