ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 140
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 12:14 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Are you ****ing high? I mean, seriously. Crack is whack.

You really think a #29 pick was going to produce like Frank Clark over the next few seasons-especially 2019? And 2020? and 2021? Incredibly unlikely. The REASON you want cap flexibility is for the ability to...well, do things like this-get a proven playmaker, young, in his prime, no injury history. We can frontload Clark's deal some and spread it out. It's a smart move.

We gave up a late #2. We gained 10 spots in the 3rd this year.

Clark and Jones are going to wreck offensive lines for the next several years. This defense just took a MAJOR step forward.

You guys are nuts.

I have off the field concerns with Clark, but as a player, this is a MAJOR, HUGE talent increase.
Steve Carell Thankyou GIF from Stevecarell GIFs

[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM 04-23-2019
Clark is fucking 25 years old, he's barely older than the guys that are being drafted and he is a proven stud at his position.

We didn't just trade for a dude that is 32.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:14 PM 04-23-2019

Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
#29 picks have a like 35% chance of success.

We just signed a legit stud 25 year old DE with no holes in his game, had 13 sacks last year and gave up a 2020 2nd while moving up in the 3rd.

Rather than roll the dice.

When we win the fucking Super Bowl and Clark is a major reason, I hope you all come back here and grovel.

If you don't give a shit about off the field issues, there's no reason on earth to complain about this trade. I DO have concerns, but as a player, Clark is fucking excellent. You guys wanted to trade for Clowney? Clark is BETTER.
[Reply]
God of Thunder 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Whew shit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
They sent basically what is a 2nd round pick (29 is garbo tier) and we expect them to be content with that, in a draft that had maybe 17 first round players.

Cp: this first round is a buttfuck
Cp: why did we trade our first
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
Cha ching.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
better average 12-15 sacks, and line up onsides
[Reply]
Steron 12:15 PM 04-23-2019
Fuckballs. 500k more than Lawrence.
[Reply]
neech 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

Seahawks Fans reaction

They seem to like all the draft picks we gave them and the fact frank was going to be too pricy for them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
God. Damn.

We'd better have an out after three years.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
Someone hit up Frank and see if he will buy CP a new server.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
welll except for Veech being the main reason we have Mahomes under center. The best goddamn draft pick of all time.
Veach scouted him.

Dorsey did the dirty work. Dorsey pulled off the trade up. He did it for a reasonable price. And he smokescreened 5 or 6 other GMs and had them stunned when the trade went through and we got our guy.

THAT is the real reason why we have Mahomes. And I'm not even a Dorsey apologist. I'm just stating facts. There are parts of being a GM that go beyond being a front office scout who happens to have an ear with the guys in charge.

Veach has two modes of deals: piddly low risk deals and deals that make you go, "Jesus Christ, were you fucking drunk, Brett?"

There's no in between. And there are no in between good deals. His best ones have been the low risk kind that have produced some kind of effect or player. The crap ones are REEEEALLY crap. And they stick around for a long time.

Dorsey had some good ones in his time. The first Jamaal extension. The Abdullah contract. The Kelce pick and subsequent extension. The Allen Bailey extension. He's had some crap ones, too, but he at least got some reasonable ones.

Veach has zero. It's either top of the market or a lukewarm "who cares?" type of situation.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It could be one player. It could be multiple. Hell, we could have had Landon Collins + traded up to the top 20 to get an edge rusher + still had $5-10m to spare.

I thought we passed on Collins because we were being deliberate. This seems like a panic to me that the Chiefs swung at a few big free agents early but couldn't land the big fish they wanted.
Landon Collins has absolutely nothing to do with Frank Clark. What... why?

Huh?

Trading up to the top 20 most assuredly costs AT LEAST what we gave up for Clark, and it's still an unknown commodity. This team is clearly in win-now mode. They know what they have in Mahomes, and they are going for it.

This defense will be unrecognizable next year.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It could be one player. It could be multiple. Hell, we could have had Landon Collins + traded up to the top 20 to get an edge rusher + still had $5-10m to spare.

I thought we passed on Collins because we were being deliberate. This seems like a panic to me that the Chiefs swung at a few big free agents early but couldn't land the big fish they wanted.
Frank Clark is a better end than Collins is a safety....when you change schemes you need guys.

They just added one of the 5 best 4-3 ends in the game to the team and people are complaining.

This was like when the Chiefs moved Jared Allen guess what..looking back now, that was stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 140
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up