ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 324
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 11:01 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We wont be able to match close to what the Cowboys are going to offer.
They did with Watkins last year. If they want him, they can make it work.

It's not ideal, but I don't know that the Cowboys are going to really want him that badly either.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:01 AM 02-05-2019
Lets here about some defense from our new DC.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:14 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They did with Watkins last year. If they want him, they can make it work.

It's not ideal, but I don't know that the Cowboys are going to really want him that badly either.
Cowboys tried to trade for him last year before he was injured. Just need to move off getting Thomas because he is going to Dallas.

Gut feeling, they rolled over 11 Million from last year. So Dallas as it stand right now has 54 Million in cap space, that is before they cut anyone, restructure, and extend anyone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Then sign Amos. He’s much younger anyways.
I'd prefer that option.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 11:19 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Lets here about some defense from our new DC.

Quit trying to stay on topic.
[Reply]
O.city 11:23 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Cowboys tried to trade for him last year before he was injured. Just need to move off getting Thomas because he is going to Dallas.

Gut feeling, they rolled over 11 Million from last year. So Dallas as it stand right now has 54 Million in cap space, that is before they cut anyone, restructure, and extend anyone.
We've been hearing about the Cowboys trying to trade for him for what, like 2 years. I dunno about it.

Dallas just doesnt' really have anyone to cut though from what I can tell that will save them that much, plus they're gonna have to start signing some guys.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:24 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
Quit trying to stay on topic.
It's already been posted at least 5 times in this thread.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 AM 02-05-2019
We've been hearing about the Cowboys trying to trade for him for what, like 2 years. I dunno about it.

Dallas just doesnt' really have anyone to cut though from what I can tell that will save them that much, plus they're gonna have to start signing some guys.
$46 million in cap space and they really only HAVE to sign one guy......Lawrence.

Yeah....they could work on a new deal for Amari Cooper or Byron Jones.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:28 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
$46 million in cap space and they really only HAVE to sign one guy......Lawrence.

They didn't trade a first for Cooper to NOT sign him long term.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

They've got a lot of big names coming up soon. Dak and Zeek, Jones, Cooper etc.

We shall see.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:30 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I didn't say they weren't. I said they DON'T HAVE TO right now. They could let him play out his current deal and then sign him.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:31 AM 02-05-2019
There's no way you sign a big $$$ FA agent at the ILB position two years in a row.

You can draft one with one of the 2nd round picks though, maybe even the 1st round pick.

FA money should absolutely go to a top safety and possibly DL (think one-year deal to Sheldon Richardson, Suh or another player).

Probably wishful thinking but I would also like to trade a 2020 pick for a veteran CB who still has about two years left in him.

All in all, you sign a top safety, you draft a CB with the 1st round pick, another CB/safety later in the draft, you trade for a veteran CB and you can have a real good secondary starting next year.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:31 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Fair enough but he is not a Free Agent.

They also rolled over 11 Million to 2019 in cap space.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:32 AM 02-05-2019
They've got a lot of big names coming up soon. Dak and Zeek, Jones, Cooper etc.

We shall see.
It's true they do, but they also have 119 Million in cap space next offseason.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:52 PM 02-05-2019
I think Veach would be smart to try to sign players like a Eric Weddle who might be released by his team. Then, it won’t count against the comp formula while guys like Nelson get overpaid.

Could be a good chance to collect those comp picks.

These are things that he needs to think about as they prepare to build a roster around a very expensive set of stars in the future.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 324
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183233 > Last »
Up