ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 78
« First < 28687475767778
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:24 PM Yesterday
so are those patrick's actual MVPS or replicas?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Damn he’s fast stopping and changing direction out of his cuts.
[Reply]
UteChief 10:01 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I think the NFL allows for multiple trophies. I believe I’ve seen players with a Lombardi.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by UteChief:
I think the NFL allows for multiple trophies. I believe I’ve seen players with a Lombardi.
The players get their own smaller replica of the Lombardi. Theres only 1 real thing, and it's in that case.

Don't know about MVP trophies though.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare Today, 12:53 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Tribal Warfare 12:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Damn he’s fast stopping and changing direction out of his cuts.
Worthy is quick but it's a damn shame that his career as Chief will always be compared to Tyreek's abilities and accolades

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Patrick's SB LVIII MVP isn't in the case
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Worthy is quick but it's a damn shame that his career as Chief will always be compared to Tyreek's abilities and accolades

If he's even 70% the production of Tyreek at his peak with 0% of his nonsense, Chiefs fans aren't going to bother talking about that loud-mouthed loser
[Reply]
TEX 05:58 AM Today

Tyreek is 1 of 1. But has baggage. If Worthy can be counted on to be a consistent and complementary piece to the offense, he'll workout well, and make his own name for himself.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:48 AM Today

Meh. Rice isn’t. Rice was the first real long term shot at replacing Hill. (well I guess Skyy was by I’m trying to forget that kid).

Worthy comes in here and rapes faces and wins Bowls, we’ll love Worthy for Worthy. Only a retarded minority will constantly compare him to Hill.

And if he avoids BOUNCING A PERFECT PASS OFF HIS FUCKING FACEMASK IN THE SUPER BOWL that can only help.
[Reply]
O.city 07:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - Hill never really did get very good at that.

He knew he could just stop, turn and go straight up (unlike anyone I've ever seen) so that's usually what he did.

He was decent at those lose trajectory balls that were coming in at an angle. But the straight up 'run under' balls were something he was mostly kinda average at.
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean even as amazing as he is, Mahomes has never been good at those types of passes. Think that has more to do with it than Tyreek being unable to do it.
Going back thru the thread, wanted to discuss here.

I don't think Pat has ever really upped his deep ball accuracy for some reason. Some of it is the guys he was throwing to, but he's always seemed to kinda struggle. I think he throws it on a line too much.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:36 AM Today
Saw this in an article at ESPN regarding impressions from college coaches on where players went in the draft.

The first round ended with a flurry of wide receivers, which drew different reviews from coaches. The Kansas City Chiefs traded up with the Buffalo Bills to draft Texas speedster Xavier Worthy, who set an NFL combine record by running the 40-yard dash in 4.21 seconds but also struggled with drops at times during his career with the Longhorns.

"He's a helluva player, and Kansas City's a good fit for him as well," a Big 12 defensive assistant said. "In that system, in that scheme, they have some possession receivers; you can't ask for a better situation for him."

A Big 12 defensive coordinator added of Worthy: "I'm not sure why Buffalo didn't want him. He's not super physical, but the guy can freaking fly."

"He's not your traditional receiver who runs routes," a power-conference defensive coordinator said. "He can do a multitude of things with his skill set. Patrick Mahomes has to throw a 3-yard pass, he can make a guy miss, and all of a sudden, you've got a 20-yard gain. You know with running backs, you have scat-backs? He's the scat-receiver."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pers-surprises
[Reply]
Jerm 09:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Warrick:
I down voted your posts because the content was junk... Don't be so sensitive that you have to search for my posts stalker :-). I compared those two player's weight as they're considered small for WRs. Staying healthy is still a concern as well a beating press coverage. I wasn't trying to compare those two as far as skill set, but hey you do you and keep stalking playa.
Please let some moronic team try and press him...one step and it's a wrap.

This idea that he'd be static at the line and just take the press is so silly...actually, this entire argument about pressing him is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
I mean even as amazing as he is, Mahomes has never been good at those types of passes. Think that has more to do with it than Tyreek being unable to do it.
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And he was somehow still much better at it than MVS and Hardman.
Yeah, I mean I think it's fair to say that just about nobody is truly 'good' at that. Wilson was at his apex. Goff is pretty good at it now.

But the difference between mediocre and good is hitting on, what, 3 or 4 more of those in a given year? The sample sizes are so small.

Let's just say for the sake of easy math that Mahomes throws 1.1/gm - 18/yr.

If only 40% of those are balls that should be caught - that's 7 of 'em. If Goff throws 60% on those it's 11. That's 4 more balls over the course of an entire season that end up catchable.

And if of those 7 you end up with the WR just duffing 5 of them whereas the "Goff Group" brings in 70ish% of the catchable balls, now you're looking at 7 catches vs. 2 on the Mahomes group.

The gap between Mahomes and a good deep ball thrower may be substantially but not ultimately likely to be hugely relevant IF he gets representative performance from his WRs. If both groups give you about a 70% success rate you get 5 catches on Mahomes 7 'good' balls and about 8 catches on Goff's 11 'good' balls.

3 catches over the course of a year. It's not nothing, but it's not something that can't easily be made up elsewhere.

But he needs 'representative' in his success rates. With MVS and Hardman he wasn't really getting that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Saw this in an article at ESPN regarding impressions from college coaches on where players went in the draft.

The first round ended with a flurry of wide receivers, which drew different reviews from coaches. The Kansas City Chiefs traded up with the Buffalo Bills to draft Texas speedster Xavier Worthy, who set an NFL combine record by running the 40-yard dash in 4.21 seconds but also struggled with drops at times during his career with the Longhorns.

"He's a helluva player, and Kansas City's a good fit for him as well," a Big 12 defensive assistant said. "In that system, in that scheme, they have some possession receivers; you can't ask for a better situation for him."

A Big 12 defensive coordinator added of Worthy: "I'm not sure why Buffalo didn't want him. He's not super physical, but the guy can freaking fly."

"He's not your traditional receiver who runs routes," a power-conference defensive coordinator said. "He can do a multitude of things with his skill set. Patrick Mahomes has to throw a 3-yard pass, he can make a guy miss, and all of a sudden, you've got a 20-yard gain. You know with running backs, you have scat-backs? He's the scat-receiver."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pers-surprises
These are sexy quotes.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:53 AM Today
Some of the NFL exec quotes are nice too.

“Kansas City is going to light people up with that kid,” an exec said of Worthy. “He’s a little, fast guy, and you think he’s a track guy, but he’s tough, finishes runs, fast, disciplined. He has a nice all-around game.”
[Reply]
Page 78 of 78
« First < 28687475767778
Up