ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen
Fat Elvis 09:08 PM 12-12-2023

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:28 PM 12-12-2023
God damn they're gonna nail this.

Like it's never been done.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:31 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
Fucking bas ass.

Also, he's gonna fuck the shit outta Zendaya.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:09 AM 12-13-2023
It was awesome. Could have been shorter. I feel like the first half of it was plenty
[Reply]
DCTwister 07:32 PM 12-14-2023
Solid.
Although the Phantom Menace trailer was pretty good in its day too.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:48 AM 12-15-2023
Looking forward to this one.
I never go to the theatre, I did for Dune 1 and will for Dune 2
[Reply]
Rausch 06:13 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Looking forward to this one.
I never go to the theatre, I did for Dune 1 and will for Dune 2
Yup. This is one to see on the big screen.

This and Godzilla -1 I feel like I wanna' see in theaters.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:54 PM 02-10-2024
This is the full sandworm scene, which just dropped a couple of days ago. Fucking amazing.

Can't wait to see this.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:52 PM 02-10-2024
That was badass.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:11 PM 02-10-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
That was badass.
Oh yeah. Generally there is very little that I look forward to in March, but I've got something now.
[Reply]
UteChief 01:10 AM 02-11-2024
Looks like I can catch part one in theaters, before part two comes out. I have never seen part one or the original film. Anything I need to know?
[Reply]
Frazod 01:31 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by UteChief:
Looks like I can catch part one in theaters, before part two comes out. I have never seen part one or the original film. Anything I need to know?
DO NOT watch the 1984 movie. EVER. It is an absolute abomination, and completely butchered what many consider to be the best science fiction novel ever written. I saw that vile turd in the theater and wanted to die when it was over. I consider it to be one of the worst movies ever made, and it is hands down the one I hate the most. If I ever meet David Lynch I will spit in his face. The low budget Syfy miniseries was better, but not by much. And watching either will needlessly spoil the upcoming movies for you.

I highly recommend reading the original 1965 novel, which is one of my all time favorites. But since Part 2 is out in less than a month and you want to see Part 1 in the theater as well, you should probably wait until you've seen them both. I've known how Part 2 is going to end for over 40 years. I envy you for being able to experience it for the first time on the big screen done correctly.

Part 1 was about as close to the source material as could be hoped for. There are a few differences, but nothing major. I expect Part 2 will be the same.

Villeneuve is awesome. He's already delivered great things, and I expect that to continue.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:28 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Part 1 was about as close to the source material as could be hoped for. There are a few differences, but nothing major. I expect Part 2 will be the same.

Villeneuve is awesome. He's already delivered great things, and I expect that to continue.
This is the first big budget movie I've seen a trailer for in years that I didn't immediately think "they'll find a way to fuck this up. It'll be full of some stupid shit or another."

I really enjoyed part 1 and so did the wife. And she hates most sci-fi.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 02-11-2024
I like that it took Frazod only 21 minutes at 1:30 in the morning to all caps warn a Dune n00b to not watch the 1984 version. It's like he has a sixth sense when people are curious about the material. :-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:20 AM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is the full sandworm scene, which just dropped a couple of days ago. Fucking amazing.

Can't wait to see this.
This is gonna be good.
I recently re-watched part 1, followed by a reading of Dune again.
It had been 10 years since I read and you continually find new tidbit you missed before.
Looking forward to this.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up