ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3522 of 3903
« First < 2522302234223472351235183519352035213522 3523352435253526353235723622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 11:28 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Updated breakthrough case numbers which resulted in hospitalization:

3,729 out of 144 million fully vaccinated.
Hoo boy
[Reply]
loochy 11:32 AM 06-22-2021
Updated breakthrough case numbers which resulted in hospitalization:

3,729 out of 144 million fully vaccinated.

.0026%. Nice!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:36 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Someone could go through the effort to break down that survey, and the twitter user's suspect math. But we all know it wouldn't matter. You won't care. You won't learn anything. You won't change your mind. You'll just find something new to throw against the wall tomorrow.

It takes you 5 seconds to repost that stuff, and someone else all day to debunk it. You eventually win by exhaustion.
Remember when you point the finger at someone else there are even more pointing back at yourself.

But learning nothing is a great summary for the last year.

You did get that part right.
[Reply]
NotDonger 12:07 PM 06-22-2021
White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday the highly contagious delta variant is the “greatest threat” to the nation’s attempt to eliminate Covid-19.

Delta, first identified in India, now makes up about 20% of all new cases in the United States, up from 10% about two weeks ago, Fauci said during a White House news conference on the pandemic.

He said delta appears to be “following the same pattern” as alpha, the variant first found in the U.K., with infections doubling in the U.S. about every two weeks.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:56 PM 06-22-2021
Nearly half the country is fully vaccinated? Sounds like bullshit.

Btw, I get that everyone wants to downplay the number of cases involving side effects/death/etc, but we have no clue about longterm effects. Or even current underlying problems that aren't detected or reported. It's kind of like beginning a study on the safety of cigarette smoking, and then concluding after two months that it's generally safe.

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly trust these manufacturers. What have they done to earn this trust? This is fucking Big Pharma! All they do is get sued constantly for products that are killing or endangering people. Now they release something that was rushed to market, for which they have NO liability and everyone lines up with no questions asked?
[Reply]
Fish 12:59 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'm not arguing that people shouldn't get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly trust these manufacturers. What have they done to earn this trust?
For starters... they passed the normal regulatory clinical trials with surprisingly good results.
[Reply]
NotDonger 01:03 PM 06-22-2021

Btw, I get that everyone wants to downplay the number of cases involving side effects/death/etc, but we have no clue about longterm effects. Or even current underlying problems that aren't detected or reported. It's kind of like beginning a study on the safety of cigarette smoking, and then concluding after two months that it's generally safe.

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly trust these manufacturers. What have they done to earn this trust? This is ****ing Big Pharma! All they do is get sued constantly for products that are killing or endangering people. Now they release something that was rushed to market, for which they have NO liability and everyone lines up with no questions asked?
Well, the mRNA vaccines did go through the three phase trials, and people started getting stuck over a year ago. So, I suppose it depends on how you define "long-term" effects and what you think those effects might be. If you think they alter DNA, that's wrong. They don't.

And yes, we just passed 150 million Americans who are fully-vaccinated.
[Reply]
wazu 01:04 PM 06-22-2021
That is bullshit. We're over half.
[Reply]
loochy 01:04 PM 06-22-2021

Why? That's pretty easy to count...

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly trust these manufacturers. What have they done to earn this trust? This is fucking Big Pharma! All they do is get sued constantly for products that are killing or endangering people. Now they release something that was rushed to market, for which they have NO liability and everyone lines up with no questions asked?

Btw, I get that everyone wants to downplay the number of cases involving side effects/death/etc, but we have no clue about longterm effects. Or even current underlying problems that aren't detected or reported. It's kind of like beginning a study on AIDS and then concluding after 12 months that it's no big deal.

I'm not arguing that people should get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly dismiss evidence that vaccines might be beneficial. Why would a novel virus not be taken seriously? This is a brand new virus! All it has done is spread quickly and easily, caused many to become very ill, and has cause a great number of people worldwide to die. Now we have a way to potentially stop this with good effectivity and few side effects, and people immediately dismiss it because of paranoia?

See how that works? It's probably best to not dismiss either side, but take in the whole of the evidence and proceed with caution, not jumping to either side with wreckless abandon.
[Reply]
NotDonger 01:06 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
That is bullshit. We're over half.
No, we're at 45.2%
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:13 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm just craving the markedly less effective vaccine with more side effects!
But only one stick in the arm! And none of that mRNA Bill Gates 5G voodoo.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:16 PM 06-22-2021
No, we're at 45.2%
But we're at 53% with one shot. So we're slowly getting to that magic number of 60% fully vaccinated.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:24 PM 06-22-2021

I'm not arguing that people shouldn't get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly trust these manufacturers. What have they done to earn this trust? This is ****ing Big Pharma! All they do is get sued constantly for products that are killing or endangering people. Now they release something that was rushed to market, for which they have NO liability and everyone lines up with no questions asked?
Unless you plan to start producing you own vaccine/meds at some point you are going to have to trust somebody .
[Reply]
NotDonger 01:31 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
But we're at 53% with one shot. So we're slowly getting to that magic number of 60% fully vaccinated.
Yep. If the CDC's estimates are correct, and there have been around 114 million cases here, and add that to the percentage fully-vaccinated, we are pretty close to 75% already.
[Reply]
wazu 01:53 PM 06-22-2021
Seems like China should be getting a lot of praise these days. Entire pandemic they have had less than 5K die. Pretty impressive.
[Reply]
Page 3522 of 3903
« First < 2522302234223472351235183519352035213522 3523352435253526353235723622 > Last »
Up