ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3372 of 3903
« First < 2372287232723322336233683369337033713372 33733374337533763382342234723872 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:39 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yet another client tested positive.

I'm back in quarantine again. I sent my test in today. I'll find out if I can work tomorrow.

I'm really ****ing sick of people ****ing around and ruining my life with their careless selfish bullshit.
I turned down a very lucrative 9 month contract today due to having to go onto the clients site for 2 days. At this point, I'm not trusting any group of people that they are making the right choices.

Some people cant make that choice. They need to work in a physical place to put food on the table and roof over their head. Had me wondering if people had a choice, would they still have went into a physical workplace?
[Reply]
Donger 07:40 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I just got my notification that I will get my 2nd dose next Wednesday, a couple of days before my 21 days. Looked it up and it seems that is acceptable per the CDC.
Nice knowing you, Dirk Seeker!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:43 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Doubtful. I don’t anticipate getting vaccinated until the summer.
I guess we will see. That is still close the time frames of mask wearing. If it ever truly goes away until 2022 and then we will likely see more mask wearing in the fall and winter months with the lowering numbers of Flu.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I guess we will see. That is still close the time frames of mask wearing. If it ever truly goes away until 2022 and then we will likely see more mask wearing in the fall and winter months with the lowering numbers of Flu.
At this vaccinate rate, its going to be 2030. We will see how the pace picks up in a couple of weeks. To hit herd before the fall, we need to be doing 3.5 million vaccinations a day.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 07:53 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Really? That's all you got? :-)

Mind you what was your reaction when I did said questioning???
That's it. :-)

It just shows that we all prefer to believe the expert that lines up best with what we already think. There is so much back-and-forthing in this thread it's making me dizzy. Carry on.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:18 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
That's it. :-)

It just shows that we all prefer to believe the expert that lines up best with what we already think. There is so much back-and-forthing in this thread it's making me dizzy. Carry on.
Same with everyone else on here....Carry on
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:35 PM 12-30-2020

BREAKING: Advocate Aurora now says an employee at its Grafton hospital intentionally removed the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine from a refrigerator resulting in nearly 500 doses having to be thrown away pic.twitter.com/yjhCOM64Ge

— Matt Smith (@mattsmith_news) December 31, 2020

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:07 AM 12-31-2020
https://www.kctv5.com/news/local_new...61b8da922.html

Kansas last in vaccine distribution; Missouri has vaccinated 5 times more people

KANSAS/MISSOURI (KCTV) -- The federal government is taking heavy criticism for the slow rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution, a measure for which Kansas ranks dead last, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News from the CDC, along with state and local governments.

To date, Kansas has vaccinated 12,161 people, which accounts for 0.42 percent of the state's population---the lowest figure for any state in the country.

The next lowest state is Alabama, with 0.54 percent of its population receiving one of the COVID-19 vaccines.

Missouri's numbers rank in the top 20, having administered 66,540 doses of the vaccine, accounting for 1.08 percent of the state's population. Missouri has vaccinated over five times more people than Kansas, according to the data.

When broken down by raw numbers---and not by percentage of the population---Kansas had administered the fourth fewest number of vaccine doses among states in the U.S. Each of the three states below Kansas, though, have far fewer people, including Washington, D.C.

The 10 states with the fewest doses administered, by raw numbers, are:

50. Wyoming
49. Delaware
48. Vermont
47. Washington, D.C.
46. Kansas
45. New Hampshire
44. Alaska
43. Idaho
42. North Dakota
41. Hawaii
The 10 states with the most doses administered, by raw numbers, are:

1. California
2. Texas
3. New York
4. Florida
5. Illinois
6. Pennsylvania
7. Ohio
8. Michigan
9. Colorado
10. Tennessee
Missouri ranks 13th in raw number of doses administered and 17th in percentage of shots used.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:49 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Kansas last in vaccine distribution; Missouri has vaccinated 5 times more people

KANSAS/MISSOURI (KCTV) -- The federal government is taking heavy criticism for the slow rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine distribution, a measure for which Kansas ranks dead last, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News from the CDC, along with state and local governments.

To date, Kansas has vaccinated 12,161 people, which accounts for 0.42 percent of the state's population---the lowest figure for any state in the country.

The next lowest state is Alabama, with 0.54 percent of its population receiving one of the COVID-19 vaccines.

Missouri's numbers rank in the top 20, having administered 66,540 doses of the vaccine, accounting for 1.08 percent of the state's population. Missouri has vaccinated over five times more people than Kansas, according to the data.

When broken down by raw numbers---and not by percentage of the population---Kansas had administered the fourth fewest number of vaccine doses among states in the U.S. Each of the three states below Kansas, though, have far fewer people, including Washington, D.C.

50. Wyoming
49. Delaware
48. Vermont
47. Washington, D.C.
46. Kansas
45. New Hampshire
44. Alaska
43. Idaho
42. North Dakota
41. Hawaii

1. California
2. Texas
3. New York
4. Florida
5. Illinois
6. Pennsylvania
7. Ohio
8. Michigan
9. Colorado
10. Tennessee
Missouri ranks 13th in raw number of doses administered and 17th in percentage of shots used.
I'm sure Gov. Kelly and Dr. Norman will have some charts showing how this is because some counties refused the mask mandates and that vaccinations in the counties that adopted it is up and bla bla bla
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
At this vaccinate rate, its going to be 2030. We will see how the pace picks up in a couple of weeks. To hit herd before the fall, we need to be doing 3.5 million vaccinations a day.
Amazing how this number just keeps growing. Pretty soon it will be 8MM a day until 2022.

And maybe if the hospitals weren't busy doing tick tok videos and line dances we could speed this shit up.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:59 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

50. Wyoming
49. Delaware
48. Vermont
47. Washington, D.C.
46. Kansas
45. New Hampshire
44. Alaska
43. Idaho
42. North Dakota
41. Hawaii

1. California
2. Texas
3. New York
4. Florida
5. Illinois
6. Pennsylvania
7. Ohio
8. Michigan
9. Colorado
10. Tennessee
Not to worry. Gov. Kelly got hers......:-)

Kansas Governor Laura Kelly gets COVID-19 vaccine
https://www.kctv5.com/news/kansas-go...lock_id=991162
[Reply]
petegz28 09:06 AM 12-31-2020
It's so nice to know that in the state that is dead last in getting people vaccinated the Governor put herself ahead of everyone else.

Originally Posted by :
TOPEKA, KS (KCTV) – On Wednesday, Kansas Governor Laura Kelly got her first dose of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccination. After getting the shot, Kelly said she didn’t feel a thing!

Before rolling up her sleeve, Governor Kelly was asked about getting the shot before some of the state’s healthcare workers. She says she was asked to get the shot and saw it as an opportunity to lead by example. “In the case of the elected leaders who have the option of getting vaccinated right now, I think it would be wise and would be consistent with the desire to work together to really promote the mitigation efforts that work, and in the case of the virus… something that will actually stop the spread of the virus”.

Some politicians have been criticized for getting vaccinated so soon. Some Governors and members of Congress have opted to wait until after Phase One is complete.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:06 AM 12-31-2020
So, when population density is high, it's easy to administer the vaccine... and when population density is low, it's harder.

Except DC and Overland Park/KCK.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:42 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
So, when population density is high, it's easy to administer the vaccine... and when population density is low, it's harder.

Except DC and Overland Park/KCK.
Hey, no one gets shit until the Governor is taken care of. Thems the rulz!
[Reply]
R Clark 10:18 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm sure Gov. Kelly and Dr. Norman will have some charts showing how this is because some counties refused the mask mandates and that vaccinations in the counties that adopted it is up and bla bla bla
That bull shit wouldn’t surprise me in the least
[Reply]
Page 3372 of 3903
« First < 2372287232723322336233683369337033713372 33733374337533763382342234723872 > Last »
Up