ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1151 of 3903
« First < 15165110511101114111471148114911501151 115211531154115511611201125116512151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 04-06-2020
PGA championship rescheduled to August 6th. I think that could actually happen. Golf works pretty well with social distancing.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:35 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
PGA championship rescheduled to August 6th. I think that could actually happen. Golf works pretty well with social distancing.
For once a sport being boring pays off.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I'm not saying that, but we are not maxing out our hospitals capacity or ventilators as country. That was my point meaning we have the resources to fight this.

We can move those resources as time goes on as well.
I hope we don’t. The other cities and areas have a heads up, hopefully it works out
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:

Impossible. I was just told earlier in this thread our hospitals are fine.
The Health and Human Services IG report on PPE availability is out.

Equipment provided to hospitals from the federal government fell far short of what was needed and was sometimes not usable or of low quality, said the report, which was based on interviews with administrators from 324 hospitals and hospital networks of varying sizes.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...dance-n1177256

WASHINGTON — Hospitals across the country face dire shortages of vital medical equipment amid the coronavirus outbreak — including testing kits and thermometers — and fear they can't ensure the safety of health care workers needed to treat patients with COVID-19, according to an internal government watchdog report released Monday.

The alarming findings, based on interviews conducted from March 23 to March 27, represent the first government assessment of how the country's hospitals are coping with the outbreak and confirm previous media reports and warnings from health workers that the medical system is under unprecedented strain.

Hospital administrators also said conflicting guidance from federal, state and local governments on how to use personal protective gear and other issues has led to "a greater sense of confusion, fear and distrust among staff that they can rely on hospital procedures to protect them," according to the report from the inspector general for the Department of Health and Human Services, or HHS.

[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 04-06-2020
The masters moved to November

Gonna have to compete with the nfl
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:36 AM 04-06-2020
Masters will be played in November.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 AM 04-06-2020
I want to see the masters played in the snow, good luck finding your ball, that'll take a fucking master.
[Reply]
Pants 09:38 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I’m expecting the news stations to stop calling Fauci a Coronavirus expert. It’s misleading. I know what his field is. Why add Coronavirus expert to the title on all of these headlines? There is no such thing as a Coronavirus expert. Plain and simple, yet the US thinks they have one somehow.
There is such a thing. Coronavirus is a type of a virus (Coronaviridae family). There are a myriad of Coronaviruses. This particular one is SARS-CoV-2.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:39 AM 04-06-2020
now they are only projecting needing 6k Ventilators in NY, when they were projecting needing 30k.

Still "Projected" bed shortage, but that keeps being lowered every day to.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:42 AM 04-06-2020
Sounds like China had a good weekend...

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...-20/index.html

Originally Posted by :
Chinese tourist sites packed as country comes out of lockdown, but experts say risk still high

Large numbers of people flocked to popular tourists sites and major cities across China over the country's holiday weekend, despite warnings from health authorities that the risk posed by the coronavirus pandemic remains far from over.

Images from the Huangshan mountain park in Anhui province on Saturday April 4 showed thousands of people crammed together, many wearing face masks, eager to experience the great outdoors after months of travel restrictions and strict lockdown measures.

Such was the rush to get into the popular tourist spot, that at 7.48 a.m., authorities took the unusual step of issuing a notice declaring that the park had reached its 20,000 person daily capacity, and would not be accepting any more visitors, according to state media Global Times.

Restaurants and parks packed: Meanwhile in Shanghai, the famous Bund waterfront was packed with shoppers and tourists, after weeks of being near deserted. Many of the city's restaurants that were shuttered only days ago also appeared to be doing a brisk trade, with several requiring reservations.

A similar story played out in the capital Beijing, with locals flocking to the city's parks and open spaces.

[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:44 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Fuck China, There needs to be a security meeting at the UN to decide on how the world is going to deal with those idiots moving forward.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:48 AM 04-06-2020
Masters in November which is gonna be super weird lol...
[Reply]
2112 09:49 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Who knows? They may have come up with a cure and are not sharing it. They’ve also been lying from the start of this. To everybody
[Reply]
Pants 09:52 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
Who knows? They may have come up with a cure and are not sharing it. They’ve also been lying from the start of this. To everybody
Have a cure.. :-)

China will have a cure when a Western lab comes up with it and then they copy it. That's how China has anything since the Great Leap Forward.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:52 AM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
I feel like either option deserves a "oopsies" blockade of their shipping lanes by the entire world.
[Reply]
Page 1151 of 3903
« First < 15165110511101114111471148114911501151 115211531154115511611201125116512151 > Last »
Up